Engine Failure, won’t start

SwoleElotero42

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nico
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The worst I could imagine happened. Cruising down the highway and wasn’t giving the car much throttle at the time but I was prior. Cruising at about 85 and start to hear some clanking in what seemed to be the front of the motor and got an alert in red on my dash for low oil pressure. Pulled over right away shitting my pants and car turned off on its own as I slowed to a stop. Car didn’t wanna turn over at all. Wasn’t leaking oil or anything else and had no smoke coming out of my exhaust. Checked the dipstick and still had oil, I had my tuner device plugged in and checked for codes and got 2 codes, P0339, Crankshaft position sensor A circuit imminent, and P06E9, for engine starter performance. Had to get the car towed. Any insight on what I should do? She’s a 2017 gen 2 and only has 27200 miles. Only has a CAI and 90mm throttle body and is on E85.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
My guess is the crank sprocket let go.

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Had similar issue just cruising like 30 mph. Mine was a bearing. Please follow up on your next steps

509C867C-82D1-43A6-BAA1-9AC48DA86361.jpeg

Last edited:

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
We can't diagnose your car over the internet.

Did you have it taken to a shop for repairs?

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
The worst I could imagine happened. Cruising down the highway and wasn’t giving the car much throttle at the time but I was prior. Cruising at about 85 and start to hear some clanking in what seemed to be the front of the motor and got an alert in red on my dash for low oil pressure. Pulled over right away shitting my pants and car turned off on its own as I slowed to a stop. Car didn’t wanna turn over at all. Wasn’t leaking oil or anything else and had no smoke coming out of my exhaust. Checked the dipstick and still had oil, I had my tuner device plugged in and checked for codes and got 2 codes, P0339, Crankshaft position sensor A circuit imminent, and P06E9, for engine starter performance. Had to get the car towed. Any insight on what I should do? She’s a 2017 gen 2 and only has 27200 miles. Only has a CAI and 90mm throttle body and is on E85.
Remove the oil fill cap, and reach in there with a pick and see if the timing chain is loose. Sounds like a Crank sprocket failure
Sponsored