OP
Demon Coyote

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So I saw your old Post and you just turned on launch control??? Hope we are experiencing the same exact issue with the engine randomly shutting down while driving... But I'll give it a shot.
That was just in response to someone stating that the LC feature could be a reason for the car shutting off. I stated that mine was set to off and still shut off 4 times since I don't leave it on.

What I did do is turn the 'Auto Engine off' feature off. Not sure if that is the culprit but you could start there and see if that helps or not.
Sponsored

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
I also had this issue the first couple of months with my car. Did the service that I mentioned earlier in the thread and hasn't happened in the last year and a half.

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited
I also experienced my car suddenly die. I added fuel additive (dryer) to a nearly full tank of gas per instructions. Ran some errands and came back home. While backing into my drive-way very slowly my car suddenly died. Started it up, and gave it a couple of good revs. Everything seemed fine. May its the fuel additive? but i doubt it.

I occasionally add a fuel additive dryer to a full tank during the colder months, never happened b4..

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
I went 25 months in my car without an issue. Back in August when it was like 105* heat index and humid in KY I had it die for the first time. Similar situation as others: recent startup, braking in neutral after acceleration. In my case I also had the stereo, butt coolers and AC going. Started it up and drove away, no more problems that day. A few days later, very similar conditions, same thing.

My car is (mostly) stock for warranty reasons. Always run 91 or higher with the stock tune. I also don't particularly beat on my car, just the occasional "aggressive" daily driving.

I took the car in for the door latch recall and had them flash the ECU for the dipping idle TSB. (Also picked it up and the CEL light was on because they did it wrong the first time, but that's a different story!) Got it back, a few days later it happened again. Now, it's been a few months and I haven't had the problem recently, but it's also been much cooler outside and I haven't really been using the AC. I wonder if it's a combination of high-humidity in rich running condition with the added strain of running the compressor that's causing these dying episodes...?

Sponsored

Rams01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2001 Camaro 1200rw, 2015 Silverado
Apologies for bumping an old thread, but my 2018 A10 had this issue. I'll be driving in stop and go traffic, car has been warmed up for 30 minutes at this point and then when I hit the brake to gradually stop at a traffic light or stop sign; car dies but radio stays on etc. The wrench shows up and a message says to put the car in neutral to start the car. Fires right up first try, and wont happen again for a long period of time. But this week it happened to me 3 times in one day. Twice on my commute home in rush hour traffic...

Anyone have an idea wtf fixes this?

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Apologies for bumping an old thread, but my 2018 A10 had this issue. I'll be driving in stop and go traffic, car has been warmed up for 30 minutes at this point and then when I hit the brake to gradually stop at a traffic light or stop sign; car dies but radio stays on etc. The wrench shows up and a message says to put the car in neutral to start the car. Fires right up first try, and wont happen again for a long period of time. But this week it happened to me 3 times in one day. Twice on my commute home in rush hour traffic...

Anyone have an idea wtf fixes this?
My Dealer told me that my active exhaust acutuators is the reason why and they will replace them by any chance do you have issues with your active exhaust

PS I would hate to have this car out of warranty way to many issues

Rams01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2001 Camaro 1200rw, 2015 Silverado
My Dealer told me that my active exhaust actuators is the reason why and they will replace them by any chance do you have issues with your active exhaust

PS I would hate to have this car out of warranty way to many issues
I don't think I have that option on my PP1... That is unfortunately the vibe I'm getting as well; some people will have the perfect car and others will have an absolute lemon. There's no real way of tracking the issues and who may/may not be affected. Its unsettling and ppl give me shit for being cautious but Gdamn the last thing I want to do is have my warranty voided for bolt ons and now be out of pocket for some high $$$ items (shortblock)

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I don't think I have that option on my PP1... That is unfortunately the vibe I'm getting as well; some people will have the perfect car and others will have an absolute lemon. There's no real way of tracking the issues and who may/may not be affected. Its unsettling and ppl give me shit for being cautious but Gdamn the last thing I want to do is have my warranty voided for bolt ons and now be out of pocket for some high $$$ items (shortblock)
Exactly this. I love my car but I donā€™t trust it and when I take it to service they are no help definitely will never buy a mustang again.

PS this one was a good deal considering that my stock 2016 GT had a motor and a transmission replaced so ford gave me an extra rebate

Doinworqson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black GT PP
So, Iā€™ve had this issue since first purchasing back in ā€˜15. Car was completely stock when it first happened. Still pretty stock minus the Air intake and cat back. I just randomly searched about the issue to see if anyone else was experiencing this. Itā€™s crazy to me that thereā€™s been no kind of recall on this issue. I have not taken my car in cause I hate dealing with dealerships. Huge inconvenience having to battle them. One thing forsure. Iā€™ll never buy a Ford again lol

Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I would post that since the first time I had this issue, it has never happened again. Just once or twice early on. But I'm not going to say that because it would jinx me!

Brando B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This happened to mine a few years ago and it took Ford a month to fix as they used my car to develop the actual fix going forward (they paid my monthly car payment while they had it btw).

Basically it was a wiring issue that was related to a wiring harness that was eventually switched out so it only affects a certain subset of cars. They can fix the issue electronically but it reverts back to becoming an issue every time the ECU is updated. For the final fix they had to rewire a certain harness (i donā€™t remember which one since it was so long ago)

I brought my car in and referenced the TSB at the time. It took them a while to figure out what was wrong but they fixed it 100%.

Best of luck.

Doinworqson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black GT PP
This happened to mine a few years ago and it took Ford a month to fix as they used my car to develop the actual fix going forward (they paid my monthly car payment while they had it btw).

Basically it was a wiring issue that was related to a wiring harness that was eventually switched out so it only affects a certain subset of cars. They can fix the issue electronically but it reverts back to becoming an issue every time the ECU is updated. For the final fix they had to rewire a certain harness (i donā€™t remember which one since it was so long ago)

I brought my car in and referenced the TSB at the time. It took them a while to figure out what was wrong but they fixed it 100%.

Best of luck.
That is doing to much lol. Iā€™ve just lived with it. Hopefully it doesnā€™t ever happen in an intersection, but I plan to get rid of the car in a year or so. I take as lesson learned. Donā€™t Buy Ford.

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
I am having issues with my 15GT doing the stumbling when coming to a stop and acting like its missing when I take off from time to time after the stumble happens. I have noticed it seems to be after driving the car for a while before it does it. It does have a tune on it (for about 2 years now) and I did reload the tune and bumped the idle up higher (750 I believe is stock idle) was at 650. When it was at 650 it would die when I come to a stop from time to time. The best comparison I can give is like if you have bad gas. Only been happning for about 6 months and I got 93k on the clock. Its rightly pissing me off though that's for sure.

My 1st GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bone stock 2015 Mustang GT
So I do know how to recreate the issue where the car shuts off at least for the manual transmissions. For me it happens on 1st start ups or when I've been driving and go to the pump then start the car again, and when you take off in 1st gear give it 30 to 50% throttle or just a quick acceleration (no need to shift) then push in the clutch and RPM will drop down to 0. Happens Everytime.
Sponsored