Sponsored

Enclosed Trailer & Towing Help

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
$400 to add the extra 2 feet, and it will add roughly another 200lbs, so I pulled the trigger.

22'x8.5 it is :like:
You will thank me when you go to pull it in the 1st time and you say: damn.. im glad i get to put in just a lil bit deeper now
Sponsored

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats Jaime on new trailer.

I went 24 for the same reason. EXTRA Space.

Good luck

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
those are pimp.. but.. im curious how you are going tto get to the tires to use them lol
The strap just goes up and over the tire. Plenty of room I believe.

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
The strap just goes up and over the tire. Plenty of room I believe.
Ehhh.. for an open trailer sure.. enclosed, im trying to visualize how i would be able to do that, without mission impossibling around the car in the trailer..

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ehhh.. for an open trailer sure.. enclosed, im trying to visualize how i would be able to do that, without mission impossibling around the car in the trailer..
I see what you're saying now. Honestly I really don't think it will be a big deal. E-Track is a breeze. After the car is in, just clip the strap behind the tire and slide the strap up and over it. Clip the idler in front of the tire and send the strap out the front to the ratchet which is clipped out in front of the car. I can use the escape door on the drivers side and the side door on the passenger side. The back will be even easier due to the dovetail.

All that, and the fact that I am a massive 5'5' guy lol

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I see what you're saying now. Honestly I really don't think it will be a big deal. E-Track is a breeze. After the car is in, just clip the strap behind the tire and slide the strap up and over it. Clip the idler in front of the tire and send the strap out the front to the ratchet which is clipped out in front of the car. I can use the escape door on the drivers side and the side door on the passenger side. The back will be even easier due to the dovetail.

All that, and the fact that I am a massive 5'5' guy lol
im seeing if i have any pics of the car in the trailer.. front may be easy. i think the rear may be a challenge. But like you said, its Etrack, everywhere is an option, even if you have to go around subframe or rims ect.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I have a friend that uses this system. He is a skinny dude and can fit.

Being a short fat guy, this does not work for me....

tobygiant

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Toby
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hey, pal. I think, that I can help you with the solving of this problem. Frankly speaking, I deal with the transportation of cars about 7 months, so I have the clear imagine in this area. I have tested 3 different models of vehicle hauler, and you know, the Boydstun's one was the best one. It's very convenient, a lot of cars can be placed there, moreover, their average price is lower, than competition. If you want to know namely the model, it was BOYDSTUN’S 9106-44 EZ. Hope I helped you to make the decision.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, today I drove to CT to pick up the Lighting aluminum trailer I ordered. I am very happy with how it came out, it's perfect.

IMG_1.JPG

IMG_2.JPG

IMG_3.JPG

IMG_4.JPG

IMG_5.JPG

After a 2.5 hour drive, I did a quick test fit. I was happy to find out that all the measuring and planning I did was correct! As my good friend Ace Ventura says, "Like a glove"

IMG_6.JPG

IMG_7.JPG

IMG_8.JPG

IMG_9.JPG

IMG_10.JPG

IMG_11.JPG

IMG_12.JPG

I want to thank everyone who helped me through this ordeal. I appreciate all the advice you guys gave me.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Well, today I drove to CT to pick up the Lighting aluminum trailer I ordered. I am very happy with how it came out, it's perfect.

IMG_1.JPG

IMG_2.JPG

IMG_3.JPG

IMG_4.JPG

IMG_5.JPG

After a 2.5 hour drive, I did a quick test fit. I was happy to find out that all the measuring and planning I did was correct! As my good friend Ace Ventura says, "Like a glove"

IMG_6.JPG

IMG_7.JPG

IMG_8.JPG

IMG_9.JPG

IMG_10.JPG

IMG_11.JPG

IMG_12.JPG

I want to thank everyone who helped me through this ordeal. I appreciate all the advice you guys gave me.
goddamn, i love how that door actually works :)

Im about to list mine for sale now actually too, and go that route the 2.7 cant tow the 500 easily across country, and i wont be upping to a diesel, so when I Raptor again, i want a lightweight enclosed trailer, and that looks perfect. Congrats!!

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
HOLY SMOKE, JAIME, you don't mess around, dude! Wondered why we hadn't seen ya on a Sattidy. :-)

VERY cool trailer, WOW! You leavin' home, now? <grin>
Yes, I was a little busy today :sunglasses:

On a side note, I received the envelope of S's today, thanks again my friend, you're the best. I think they will work great.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
goddamn, i love how that door actually works :)

Im about to list mine for sale now actually too, and go that route the 2.7 cant tow the 500 easily across country, and i wont be upping to a diesel, so when I Raptor again, i want a lightweight enclosed trailer, and that looks perfect. Congrats!!
Thanks Steve, and thanks for the extra 2' suggestion. As you can see from the pictures, the extra 2' will come in handy.

Yes, these ramps are MINT! They flip up and screw down to the door. Just open the door, unscrew the keepers, and fold them out. They are better than I had hoped. I opted this with just about every option I wanted and I think it weighs in at 3.200lbs. I got the screw jacks so I can load & unload with the trailer not being hooked up to the truck, and a set of little wheels under the rear that prevent the rear from getting damaged if entering/exiting uneven lots, or driveways.

The Raptor pulled this like it wasn't even there.... until I hit the highway. Not sure if you had the same wether as I did today, but it was windy as hell, so it swayed all over on me. I wonder if it would have been better loaded with the car? I will definitely be ordering myself a weight distribution hitch very soon. I image that will do the trick.
Sponsored