Electronic Gremlins

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Has anyone noticed their radio jumping sources without changing it? I have now seen these happen a few times now and at first thought, I may have done it by accident. I leave my infotainment set to Sirius for the most part and after stopping and then restarting the engine I find myself listening to AM radio. This seems to be the default each time this happens.
Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
I haven't listened to the radio much. Mostly music on a USB. But I haven't noticed anything untoward.

7thlighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
The only times my radio changed to AM was when i accidently bumped the touch screen up there. Could you have accidently bumped it when tapping back? Otherwise, you got gremlins...

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
No issues here, but I don't turn on the radio much haha. If it persists though, maybe see if there's a software update for Sync3. It might not address your issue but might reprogram things to be correct still. I'd also suggest going into the infotainment sub-forum and seeing if others have this issue and what the fix is. I'm sure whatever it is isn't Bullitt-specific.

Sponsored

OP
OP
S550VIN54

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I think I know what may have happened now. The button below the Mustang pony button changes sources on the steering and I may have not realized that I pressed it. I will keep a watch. This car is getting better performance wise the more I drive it. It just may be a freak from the factory!

RemoWilliams84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Mine tends to change sources from satellite to fm radio, but now while I'm listening. It'll just have switched sources when I start the motor. I've also had a couple of times where the screen just wouldn't come on. Had the same thign with Sync2 in my Focus ST.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Happens in my Mondeo (Fusion) with Sync 3 occasionally for no obvious reason so probably a sync 3 issue rather than specific Mustang problem. After as shutdown it starts on AM.

OP
OP
S550VIN54

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Since reporting this I haven't seen it return so I do not know at this time if I caused it by hitting the steering wheel buttons or there really is a problem but after reading more posts I am starting to wonder. Stay tuned...

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Mine did it a few times. The first time I thought maybe I just forgot what I had been listening to when I turned the car off. It did it 3 times over a couple of weeks. Hasn't done it in about a month so I'm not worried about it for now.

Sponsored

Tickdoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 bullitt
I can't seem to get my trip settings/fuel mileage screen to come up. weird. Used to be able to access from settings button on steering wheel but now is just blank in the center screen when you push ok. Am I missing something here? (I mean , other than the trip settings:)

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I can't seem to get my trip settings/fuel mileage screen to come up. weird. Used to be able to access from settings button on steering wheel but now is just blank in the center screen when you push ok. Am I missing something here? (I mean , other than the trip settings:)
It isn't very intuitive to go between the "gauges" screens to the fuel/trip screens. I know there is a blank screen in there. I assume you tried the up/down arrows to cycle through the screens. When you do that, what screens are shown. If you are in the gauges section, you need to get out of there to go to the fuel/trip section. I'm not near my car, but I think you have to either press the gear button, or the pony button.

OP
OP
S550VIN54

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Settings button on the steering wheel....should display the following...
IMG_20190215_175633158.jpg

Tickdoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 bullitt
ok so in that screen, when I highlight trip/fuel, and click ok, nothing happens....screen is still blank. I can still go to the pony button and get the center small guages to come up, but no trip info. Weird.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
ok so in that screen, when I highlight trip/fuel, and click ok, nothing happens....screen is still blank. I can still go to the pony button and get the center small guages to come up, but no trip info. Weird.
I assume after you hot "trip/Fuel" and you get the blank screen, you have tried scrolling up/down and still get nothing.

I believe Ford has a recall on all Digital dashes on cars made between November 2018 and January 2019 (approx. dates) build at the Flat Rock plant. Check it out, may or may not effect your car, but sounds like a visit to your dealer.
Sponsored