blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
OK last saturday i pulled up to my buddies dyno shop to hang out with my friend. after, when i went to leaveand pushed the start button only to hear click click. tried again, click click. i then noticed my phone in its usual spot by the USB port and power port, was bringing up apps without me touching it. i picked it up and closed everything up and tried the start button again, click, click then vroom. went home and tried starting drive a few times no problem. but when i got back in the car ZERO audio on everything. and when you go to turn up the volume it just shows ZERO on volume dial. yeah if i unhook battery it clears, but should i have to do this, i think not.
any one else experience this?
Sponsored

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
^this, battery could be on its way out.
Did you do any recent mods that required a tune?

OP
OP
blackk3389

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
^this, battery could be on its way out.
Did you do any recent mods that required a tune?
No mods what so ever on this car. dual horn and rear window louvers is as far as im going...lol
i have not had a radio in a week, car starts fine it has to do with the crapple Iphone, i know it. i finally broke down and disconnected the neg term. and shut off my bluetooth and every thing is fine. so far???? but i have been constantly loosing the radio. a friend thinks that entire unit needs to be replaced.

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
I've had many issues with the audio module since the start, volume messed up, speakerphone not working, I believe my audio unit is defective, and so the dealer.. but suddenly all the issues disappeared, to reappear recently. I believe they gonna swap the whole audio module.

(in general I'm having so many troubles with this car that I never had in the past 25 years with others... that is quite disappointing coz I believed to have bought the most solid platform if compared with the other brands I owned...)

Sponsored

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I had an “apin” I believe it was called replaced in mine.
it was causing speakers to blow out. Essentially giving too much power to speakers. Haven’t had issues since then. Could be something similar.

OP
OP
blackk3389

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've had many issues with the audio module since the start, volume messed up, speakerphone not working, I believe my audio unit is defective, and so the dealer.. but suddenly all the issues disappeared, to reappear recently. I believe they gonna swap the whole audio module.

(in general I'm having so many troubles with this car that I never had in the past 25 years with others... that is quite disappointing coz I believed to have bought the most solid platform if compared with the other brands I owned...)
What kind of phone do you have android or Iphone? never had these problems with my android, but company switched to CRAPPLE. and i have my 2016 GT then. iwas thinking the whole unit needs replacing. this and the puddle lights and upholstery have been issues so far. but they have been addressed. sorry for your problems, needed to know if any one out there was experiencing the same thing and what the dealer did. im on my last year of warranty now. this has me thinking about FORD Protect plan

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
What kind of phone do you have android or Iphone? never had these problems with my android, but company switched to CRAPPLE. and i have my 2016 GT then. iwas thinking the whole unit needs replacing. this and the puddle lights and upholstery have been issues so far. but they have been addressed. sorry for your problems, needed to know if any one out there was experiencing the same thing and what the dealer did. im on my last year of warranty now. this has me thinking about FORD Protect plan
Android here.. but I tried with other phones. Initially the unit started to shout noises in the speakers, then the issue went away itself, to reappear now but with low volume and distorted audio.
They told me since last year that the audio unit was probably defective (the speakers were OK, they checked them)... but I waited since the issue "disappeared".. until recently.

OP
OP
blackk3389

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Android here.. but I tried with other phones. Initially the unit started to shout noises in the speakers, then the issue went away itself, to reappear now but with low volume and distorted audio.
They told me since last year that the audio unit was probably defective (the speakers were OK, they checked them)... but I waited since the issue "disappeared".. until recently.
Put the car on jumpers nothing, put trickle charger on it for a while nothing. put a good volt meter to battery 13v. the computer has taken a dump start button wont even light up. called ford roadside on there way and off she goes to the dealer. lets see what they say.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Put the car on jumpers nothing, put trickle charger on it for a while nothing. put a good volt meter to battery 13v. the computer has taken a dump start button wont even light up. called ford roadside on there way and off she goes to the dealer. lets see what they say.
Was that 13v under load?

Sponsored
OP
OP
blackk3389

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Bad battery.....wtf. service manager said that could be what caused all the problems? i've had problems for well over a year though? dont get it. but we'll see.

Bamastangbham

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffery
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Sounds like a new battery is in your future.
Yea I would agree I just replaced mine and it was doing some crazy things also keep car locked that also helps save battery. When battery is going out I would have to role start mine sometimes go get a battery if it's a 19
Sponsored