OP

S550VertCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2013 V6 Mustang Convertible, 2020 GT Convertible CS
Guys, thank you all so much. Thus thread is a huge source of info for me and I am taking it all in and looking up a lot of stuff mentioned here and reading more on it. Thought I just wanted some springs, but I do want to do it right, and do if efficiently since I will bepaying others to do the work. But definitely want to tighten everything up.
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I just put a bmr rear sway-bar on , biggest difference is the firmness in the rear especially in turns. I set it to the softest setting. My front sway bar is still stock.. the rear factory bar is a twig with soft rubber bushings..

Danmg202

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt- 401a - PP1
I did front and rear adjustable bars but ended up putting the rear bar back to stock. I really hated how the car felt with it on.

OP
OP

S550VertCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I did front and rear adjustable bars but ended up putting the rear bar back to stock. I really hated how the car felt with it on.
How did it feel?

Danmg202

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
How did it feel?
A feeling of being very willing and ready to turn coupled with the rear having a lower threshold for stepping out. On the very bad pavement in the area it was upsetting the whole car I felt which amplified the first sensations. With it being around 50 percent stiffer than stock on soft it was just plain overtuned. Happy with the stiffer front bar anyhow, if I decide in the future I want more rear bar I'd pick a smaller increase to start with.

Sponsored

OP
OP

S550VertCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
A feeling of being very willing and ready to turn coupled with the rear having a lower threshold for stepping out. On the very bad pavement in the area it was upsetting the whole car I felt which amplified the first sensations. With it being around 50 percent stiffer than stock on soft it was just plain overtuned. Happy with the stiffer front bar anyhow, if I decide in the future I want more rear bar I'd pick a smaller increase to start with.
Thank you for the explanation.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Its totally different when your entire suspension is dialed In Correctly because i dont get that feeling..

OP
OP

S550VertCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
This is what I would recommend for almost everyone.
Well I hope then it would only be to change the front and stay stock in the back. Cause if your advice to almost everyone is to change both, then go back to rear stock, well, I just ain't gonna do that. :) :) And because my emoticons never show up, that was totally said in jest. LOL

EDIT - So of COURSE they show up this time. /EDIT

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Well I hope then it would only be to change the front and stay stock in the back. Cause if your advice to almost everyone is to change both, then go back to rear stock, well, I just ain't gonna do that. :) :) And because my emoticons never show up, that was totally said in jest. LOL

EDIT - So of COURSE they show up this time. /EDIT
Haha yes, just change front, stock rear. There are lots of good reasons for this.

Sponsored

Danmg202

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Its totally different when your entire suspension is dialed In Correctly because i dont get that feeling..
I'm not really sure how or why I'd want to dial it in to not correctly feel how the stiffer rear bar effects the car.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Adjustments need to be made to dial in how you want the car to drive. If you don’t do those kinds of things you should have a professional dial it in to have it do what you want it to do. A good place to start is a Performance alignment.

Here’s my performance alignment professionally done to my standards on how I’m going to use the car:

https://ibb.co/C1hZjhZ

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Adjustments need to be made to dial in how you want the car to drive. If you don’t do those kinds of things you should have a professional dial it in to have it do what you want it to do. A good place to start is a Performance alignment.

Here’s my performance alignment professionally done to my standards on how I’m going to use the car:

https://ibb.co/C1hZjhZ
That's a drag race only alignment. It's nowhere near enough rear camber to be safe for even spirited street use.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You can get a Performance alignment for road course track action street handling Fun etc.. Notice, i said i got it Done for what “I” want to use my car for not what you want to use your car for. You dont just throw upgraded suspension pieces on your car and hope it works well with the remaining stock Suspension. It has to be tuned accordingly for it to work to your liking..

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
I'm very surprised that only a few people have mentioned upgrading the shocks and struts. The dampers on these cars are mediocre at best with the stock springs and need to be upgraded any time the springs are changed.
Sponsored