Sponsored

Blade adjustable front and rear anti roll bars.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
  • Banned
Has anyone found blade adjustable anti roll bars for the S550 chassis? I know the GT350R-C use them from multimatic but I can't find anything.
Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The only advantage for blade style anti roll bars is to make them cockpit adjustable. Otherwise they are worse than standard ARBs.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
The only advantage for blade style anti roll bars is to make them cockpit adjustable. Otherwise they are worse than standard ARBs.
Not sure why you think this, that's not true for all blade bars.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
According to Mark Donohue driver/engineer, and SCCA National Champion, Trans Am champion, Can Am champion, and Indy winner.

After a bit of though, I wonder if we are even talking about the same type. Given I have never seen the blade style on anything that didn't use inboard, rocker arm, push rod, or pull rod suspensions. Which I am pretty sure the new GT4 doesn't have, and sure the GT350R-C doesn't have.

Are you talking about anti-roll bars with splined ends, as used in NASCAR?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Blade bars do not have the best curve (not at all linear) for torsional moment because of their non-uniform cross section. That doesn't mean they don't work, just that as you go into the adjustment range, the change in torsional stiffness is non-linear and you're actually getting higher bending moments, too. It's also very, very difficult/impossible to design a blade bar that would package on the S550. They're typically straight or near straight.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
The GT4 uses a multimatic blade type anti roll bar. If I could find a pic I would post it. I spoke with Sean mason of multimatic and they will not sell the bars to public.
The bars on the FR350S is also a blade design but not supplied by multimatic according to Sean. I've contacted John at Watson and waiting for a response.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The GT4 uses a multimatic blade type anti roll bar. If I could find a pic I would post it. I spoke with Sean mason of multimatic and they will not sell the bars to public.
The bars on the FR350S is also a blade design but not supplied by multimatic according to Sean. I've contacted John at Watson and waiting for a response.
I do want to see some pictures of this!

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Zombie thread that popped up randomly for me. Care to rehash?

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Round section bars cheaper, easier to mount, more consistent, and lighter if using hollow tubes.

Blade style pretty much only used where cockpit adjustment is needed (by rotating from flat to verticle). Usually when you have push rod, pull rod, or rocker arm (Formula car or Prototype type) suspensions that provide more efficient mounting solutions and shorter bars.

If being used on a production based race car. My bet is he is mixing up a true blade antiroll bar with circle track type bars that have flat arms but a round center section.

Last edited:

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I never knew VooDoo. Apparently, he got in trouble at some point, so I can't really speak to what he was referring.

Regardless, I'm a pretty big fan of having a long anti-roll bar tube, but blade adjusters on the ends to facilitate tuning. It's something I'll eventually get around to doing for this car. I don't suspect I'll make it cockpit adjustable, but that's more due to my application rather than any other reason. I'll have several (probably 5) detents which will go from soft to stiff on each blade. It will be a lot more expensive than an off-the-shelf ARB, but for good reason.

I know Donohue had his views, but that was 50 years ago. It's commonplace on GT cars now.
Sponsored