Edelbrock Stage 1 Dyno Results

Discussion in 'Forced Induction - 5.0L V8 Engine' started by Jps920, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Jps920

Jps920 Active Member

First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle(s):
    Explorer Sport
    0   0   0
    #1 Jps920, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    I know there are a lot of guys trying to decide on F/I setups....and with Edelbrock being the newer guy on the block for the Coyote, I thought I would put up my numbers. Car is a 2019 PP1, A10, with the Corsa cat back active exhaust. The numbers shown are on the Edelbrock tune.

Before (with exhaust): 427rwhp/396tq
    Edelbrock Stage 1 (93 Tune): 614rwhp/565tq
    Edelbrock Stage 1 (91 Tune): 556rwhp/515tq

Thanks to Terry @beefcake and the crew over @Edelbrock Tech for supplying great advice and customer service. thumbnail2.jpg Dyno 09-17-19.jpg

2. brucelinc

brucelinc Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Bruce
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mustang GT premium A10
    0   0   0
    Impressive numbers. Also a much larger difference between the 91 and 93 octane results than I would have expected.

How is everyday drivability, transmission behavior, etc?

3. Stymee

Stymee Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Joel
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang GT
    0   0   0
    Very impressive in both fuels

4. oldirtysturdy

oldirtysturdy Member

First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 GT PP1 MT82
    USAF
    0   0   0
    How did you get both the 91 and 93 tunes? I only received the 91 (because that is all I asked for). I have both available in my area, did you just request both tunes from edelbrock?

5. OP
    OP
    Jps920

Jps920 Active Member

First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle(s):
    Explorer Sport
    0   0   0
    I agree. I wasn't expecting that much of a spread. I'll post more when I get some good seat time.

The shop received the 91 file but we didn't initially notice it. They contacted Edelbrock and requested the 93 tune (which I wanted initially). The shop commented on how awesome Edelbrock was in regards to response times and helpfulness.

6. Stymee

Stymee Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Joel
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang GT
    0   0   0
    Cold start, drivability, how does the power come on etc...

7. brucelinc

First Name:
    Bruce
    Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    I might have to reconsider Edelbrock. Some quarter mile times were posted by someone else with an Edelbrock tune and they did not reflect anywhere close to these power levels. His may have had an issue.

Very interested in how these tunes work for daily drivability. I would also like to be more quarter mile results.

8. ForYourOwnGood

ForYourOwnGood Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    Nice results. I made 600/500 on a mustang Dyno with my 2300 kit, those 2650s sure pump up the torque. Almost 70lb more.

9. Torinate

Torinate Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT Convertible
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    He’s also on a 19 with higher compression etc, so that may bump torque a little...

10. Tish

Tish Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Ted
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang GT coupe
    0   0   0
    Seeing 565RWTQ with a Stage 1 on 93 octane in very good considering that Edelbrock quotes 533RWTQ on 93 with a Stage 2 kit.I know different Dyno different day but having more than advertised is a good thing.

11. revinto7

revinto7 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
    0   0   0
    why not pull it to 7400RPM ..let it eat

Tickitty Tock likes this.
  12. brucelinc

First Name:
    Bruce
    Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    I just don't know what to think of these Edelbrock kits. 100mphclub had his to the drag strip and the results were not impressive. However, he was on 91 fuel at the time. The dyno numbers on 93 look really good, though. I also keep hearing about drivability issues. Car & Driver road tested a Shelby GT-S which uses an Edelbrock kit and they complained about drivability issues and their test car did not perform as well as expected. Shelby might use a different tune though, since it is used as a rental car.

The shops in my area seemed to steer me toward Whipple or Roush but I am still keeping an open mind about Edelbrock.

13. 100mphclub

100mphclub Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Paul
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 GT, 1994 GT
    Garage Profiles:
    Multimedia Developer O'Reilly Automotive
    0   0   0
    Sweet. Glad to see posts like this. I can confirm the 93 tune feels a LOT better. Drivability is fine to be honest. Is it perfect? No, but it's not bad at all. I'm still trying to get the BDX to datalog properly. Just waiting on a reply from Edelbrock's tuning team now. (I just emailed them an hour ago after SCT told me to request a new config file from them. Apparently our versions of LiveLink need to be the same before it'll work.) As soon as I get the BDX working, I'll finish the install on the Omega Boost Box from Lund. Once I can datalog boost... to the dyno and track we go. The weather has been hot and humid and quite frankly... single dad life with two boys in sports puts the car on the back burner. But I'm anxious as well. I think the car is easily mid to low 11s now... just not sure if the street tires will now hold. It dead hooked before, but the 93 tune... traction has become an issue now... even with the pill still in to delay boost.

Question for you to compare our cars. What is your full setup? I have a 300A it does NOT have drag mode. I still have the pill in to delay boost. Also what fuel were you running on the dyno? I'll be on 93 like I was on the track. I may add an octane booster as well, just to see how much it helps.

Zinc03svt likes this.
  14. brucelinc

First Name:
    Bruce
    Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    Glad you joined this thread, 100mphclub! Can you share specifically what you find lacking in terms of drivability?

Zinc03svt and 100mphclub like this.
  15. 100mphclub

First Name:
    Paul
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 GT, 1994 GT
    Garage Profiles:
    0   0   0
    LFP sent me mine. They said they loaded the wrong one initially. I plan to dyno both tunes as well to see how much it changes.

16. 100mphclub

First Name:
    Paul
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 GT, 1994 GT
    Garage Profiles:
    0   0   0
    Absolutely. Lots of guys watching my car right now and contacting me behind the scenes. I've even had phone calls about my experience from other potential customers. Anyway, I've driven my car this entire past week to work with a 30 minute one way commute. I have to say, it is SUPER hard to drive normal now. lol Spirited 30-85mph blasts happens more than I care to admit. The car is MUCH more alive now with the new tune. After my first track outing on the 91 tune, I really thought there was zero point to getting better tires. It was just... eh. Not at all what I was expecting, obviously. I really do think trap speeds are going to be better on this 93 tune. I can feel the 58HP gain the OP shows on his dyno graph. The car now lights up the tires from a roll. Because of this, it doesn't set you back in the seat like it did, just because the tires are no longer holding the power. Which is good. As far as drivability, please keep in mind, the first time I drove my car it had the supercharger on it already. My comparison is my 94 GT with a built AODE and stall. It runs low 12s N/A.

The car died twice on the 91 tune while it was sitting idling. It has NOT done that at all on the 93 tune. The only issue I've had is when the car doesn't really know when to shift on a 20% throttle increase and you are already in an OD on the highway. You know, when you just want to accelerate 10 mph to pass someone. Problem solved by going to 50% throttle and letting up earlier. Kinda makes you a bit of a douchebag, but it gets the job done and it's much more fun. lol I haven't driven the car in the rain yet, so I could see if someone dailies it, this could be an issue.

Once I get my "new" base track runs on the 93 tune... (expecting at least 11.5s now if I can get it to hook) I'll pull the pill and see how it does and will report back with how different it drives around town under normal conditions.

Zinc03svt is going to take me for a ride in his 19, hopefully this weekend. He his stock with an E85 tune and of course the A10 settings are much more aggressive. I'm looking forward to it, but I fear it'll have me wanting a new tune just for the transmission setting. lol If I say goodbye to the warranty... I fear a pulley, tune, injectors, pump and E85 will happen sooner rather than later. Ha...

17. wsfrazier

wsfrazier Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
    0   0   0
    Good to see these #s, I have a 2019 GT PP car as well, but MT82, and just installed the Stage 1 kit. However my Edelbrock 93 tune had horrible drivibility issues, I never bothered to try the 91 tunes (they did send me both). I am in the process of working with PBD for custom tuning, will strap it on the dyno when PBD gives me the okay that it's dialed in. But anything in the 600-630whp range is what I'm expecting for a Stage 1 car that is otherwise 100% stock.

I could probably dyno all 3 tunes on the same day just to get a #s comparison.

18. brucelinc

First Name:
    Bruce
    Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    It is the drivability issues that I keep hearing about that turns me away from Edelbrock. Hopefully, they can get that sorted out.

19. Stymee

Stymee Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Joel
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang GT
    0   0   0
    Exactly what’s the issue with the drivability

20. beefcake

beefcake Well-Known Member
    Diamond Sponsor

Vehicle(s):