Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you joined this thread, 100mphclub! Can you share specifically what you find lacking in terms of drivability?
Absolutely. Lots of guys watching my car right now and contacting me behind the scenes. I've even had phone calls about my experience from other potential customers. Anyway, I've driven my car this entire past week to work with a 30 minute one way commute. I have to say, it is SUPER hard to drive normal now. lol Spirited 30-85mph blasts happens more than I care to admit. The car is MUCH more alive now with the new tune. After my first track outing on the 91 tune, I really thought there was zero point to getting better tires. It was just... eh. Not at all what I was expecting, obviously. I really do think trap speeds are going to be better on this 93 tune. I can feel the 58HP gain the OP shows on his dyno graph. The car now lights up the tires from a roll. Because of this, it doesn't set you back in the seat like it did, just because the tires are no longer holding the power. Which is good. As far as drivability, please keep in mind, the first time I drove my car it had the supercharger on it already. My comparison is my 94 GT with a built AODE and stall. It runs low 12s N/A.

The car died twice on the 91 tune while it was sitting idling. It has NOT done that at all on the 93 tune. The only issue I've had is when the car doesn't really know when to shift on a 20% throttle increase and you are already in an OD on the highway. You know, when you just want to accelerate 10 mph to pass someone. Problem solved by going to 50% throttle and letting up earlier. Kinda makes you a bit of a douchebag, but it gets the job done and it's much more fun. lol I haven't driven the car in the rain yet, so I could see if someone dailies it, this could be an issue.

Once I get my "new" base track runs on the 93 tune... (expecting at least 11.5s now if I can get it to hook) I'll pull the pill and see how it does and will report back with how different it drives around town under normal conditions.

Zinc03svt is going to take me for a ride in his 19, hopefully this weekend. He his stock with an E85 tune and of course the A10 settings are much more aggressive. I'm looking forward to it, but I fear it'll have me wanting a new tune just for the transmission setting. lol If I say goodbye to the warranty... I fear a pulley, tune, injectors, pump and E85 will happen sooner rather than later. Ha...
Sponsored

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Good to see these #s, I have a 2019 GT PP car as well, but MT82, and just installed the Stage 1 kit. However my Edelbrock 93 tune had horrible drivibility issues, I never bothered to try the 91 tunes (they did send me both). I am in the process of working with PBD for custom tuning, will strap it on the dyno when PBD gives me the okay that it's dialed in. But anything in the 600-630whp range is what I'm expecting for a Stage 1 car that is otherwise 100% stock.

I could probably dyno all 3 tunes on the same day just to get a #s comparison.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Good to see these #s, I have a 2019 GT PP car as well, but MT82, and just installed the Stage 1 kit. However my Edelbrock 93 tune had horrible drivibility issues, I never bothered to try the 91 tunes (they did send me both). I am in the process of working with PBD for custom tuning, will strap it on the dyno when PBD gives me the okay that it's dialed in. But anything in the 600-630whp range is what I'm expecting for a Stage 1 car that is otherwise 100% stock.

I could probably dyno all 3 tunes on the same day just to get a #s comparison.
It is the drivability issues that I keep hearing about that turns me away from Edelbrock. Hopefully, they can get that sorted out.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
very nice the stage 1 does a great job for the guys that are on a budget.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
most people looking for e85 and custom tune would probably be forking out for the stage 2

Sponsored

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
It is the drivability issues that I keep hearing about that turns me away from Edelbrock. Hopefully, they can get that sorted out.
I was having some issues on the 91 setup, but after I switched to the 93 (on stage 2) it's soooooo much better.

The driveability is difficult with 91 because they have to tune it so safe because of how knock prone that gas is with high compression and boost.

Wish they had a 101 octane tune, I run that full time.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
Car & Driver road tested a Shelby GT-S which uses an Edelbrock kit and they complained about drivability issues and their test car did not perform as well as expected. Shelby might use a different tune though, since it is used as a rental car.
I have not read that particular review but those kind of mags always give poor reviews to any nonfactory boosted mustang. I would not take their word for it. I think the main issue is the tires fitted on the cars are not able to make use of the power. They aren't usually the type of reviews that slap on drag wheels with Mickeys and really test what they can do. So the limiting factor is always tire grip.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I agree the C&D review has no particular importance by itself. I only mention it as a point of interest since they mention drivability issues. I continue to hear that complaint from too many sources to ignore.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I agree the C&D review has no particular importance by itself. I only mention it as a point of interest since they mention drivability issues. I continue to hear that complaint from too many sources to ignore.
I had issues with my EB tune. Mine was for 93, but it had a very dead zone from 3000-5000 and it surged badly at light throttle. The car was nearly impossible to drive under 25% or so of the pedal it would start bucking like a rodeo bull. Also the plugs gapped to spec at .035 was way too wide and I was having spark blowout.

Lund tune plus ngks gapped at .028 made it feel like stock and it pulls so hard your neck hurts if you punch it at 3500.
Sponsored