Edelbrock Stage 1 Dyno Results

Jps920

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer Sport, 2019 GT
I know there are a lot of guys trying to decide on F/I setups....and with Edelbrock being the newer guy on the block for the Coyote, I thought I would put up my numbers. Car is a 2019 PP1, A10, with the Corsa cat back active exhaust. The numbers shown are on the Edelbrock tune.

Before (with exhaust): 427rwhp/396tq
Edelbrock Stage 1 (93 Tune): 614rwhp/565tq
Edelbrock Stage 1 (91 Tune): 556rwhp/515tq

Thanks to Terry @beefcake and the crew over @Edelbrock Tech for supplying great advice and customer service.
thumbnail2.jpg
Dyno 09-17-19.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Impressive numbers. Also a much larger difference between the 91 and 93 octane results than I would have expected.

How is everyday drivability, transmission behavior, etc?

oldirtysturdy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 MT82
How did you get both the 91 and 93 tunes? I only received the 91 (because that is all I asked for). I have both available in my area, did you just request both tunes from edelbrock?

OP
OP
Jps920

Jps920

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer Sport, 2019 GT
Impressive numbers. Also a much larger difference between the 91 and 93 octane results than I would have expected.

How is everyday drivability, transmission behavior, etc?
I agree. I wasn't expecting that much of a spread. I'll post more when I get some good seat time.

How did you get both the 91 and 93 tunes? I only received the 91 (because that is all I asked for). I have both available in my area, did you just request both tunes from edelbrock?
The shop received the 91 file but we didn't initially notice it. They contacted Edelbrock and requested the 93 tune (which I wanted initially). The shop commented on how awesome Edelbrock was in regards to response times and helpfulness.

Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I agree. I wasn't expecting that much of a spread. I'll post more when I get some good seat time.

The shop received the 91 file but we didn't initially notice it. They contacted Edelbrock and requested the 93 tune (which I wanted initially). The shop commented on how awesome Edelbrock was in regards to response times and helpfulness.
Cold start, drivability, how does the power come on etc...

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I might have to reconsider Edelbrock. Some quarter mile times were posted by someone else with an Edelbrock tune and they did not reflect anywhere close to these power levels. His may have had an issue.

Very interested in how these tunes work for daily drivability. I would also like to be more quarter mile results.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Nice results. I made 600/500 on a mustang Dyno with my 2300 kit, those 2650s sure pump up the torque. Almost 70lb more.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Nice results. I made 600/500 on a mustang Dyno with my 2300 kit, those 2650s sure pump up the torque. Almost 70lb more.
He’s also on a 19 with higher compression etc, so that may bump torque a little...

Tish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT coupe
Seeing 565RWTQ with a Stage 1 on 93 octane in very good considering that Edelbrock quotes 533RWTQ on 93 with a Stage 2 kit.I know different Dyno different day but having more than advertised is a good thing.

Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I just don't know what to think of these Edelbrock kits. 100mphclub had his to the drag strip and the results were not impressive. However, he was on 91 fuel at the time. The dyno numbers on 93 look really good, though. I also keep hearing about drivability issues. Car & Driver road tested a Shelby GT-S which uses an Edelbrock kit and they complained about drivability issues and their test car did not perform as well as expected. Shelby might use a different tune though, since it is used as a rental car.

The shops in my area seemed to steer me toward Whipple or Roush but I am still keeping an open mind about Edelbrock.

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I know there are a lot of guys trying to decide on F/I setups....and with Edelbrock being the newer guy on the block for the Coyote, I thought I would put up my numbers. Car is a 2019 PP1, A10, with the Corsa cat back active exhaust. The numbers shown are on the Edelbrock tune.

Thanks to Terry @beefcake and the crew over @Edelbrock Tech for supplying great advice and customer service.
Sweet. Glad to see posts like this. I can confirm the 93 tune feels a LOT better. Drivability is fine to be honest. Is it perfect? No, but it's not bad at all. I'm still trying to get the BDX to datalog properly. Just waiting on a reply from Edelbrock's tuning team now. (I just emailed them an hour ago after SCT told me to request a new config file from them. Apparently our versions of LiveLink need to be the same before it'll work.) As soon as I get the BDX working, I'll finish the install on the Omega Boost Box from Lund. Once I can datalog boost... to the dyno and track we go. The weather has been hot and humid and quite frankly... single dad life with two boys in sports puts the car on the back burner. But I'm anxious as well. I think the car is easily mid to low 11s now... just not sure if the street tires will now hold. It dead hooked before, but the 93 tune... traction has become an issue now... even with the pill still in to delay boost.

Question for you to compare our cars. What is your full setup? I have a 300A it does NOT have drag mode. I still have the pill in to delay boost. Also what fuel were you running on the dyno? I'll be on 93 like I was on the track. I may add an octane booster as well, just to see how much it helps.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Glad you joined this thread, 100mphclub! Can you share specifically what you find lacking in terms of drivability?

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
LFP sent me mine. They said they loaded the wrong one initially. I plan to dyno both tunes as well to see how much it changes.
Sponsored