oldirtysturdy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 MT82
Edelbrock stage 2 dyno 93.jpg
Well, I can't say I am not disappointed in the dyno results. The highest pull wasn't recorded (635/590), but it still falls well short of what I was expecting. This was done on the edelbrock 93 tune. Any ideas? I am going to be datalogging and talking to Edelbrock, because something doesn't seem right. The car drives fine, and pulls really hard (there is no way to keep the wheels from spinning in 2nd and 3rd WOT), but I would think the numbers would be a lot higher, based on what I have seen. I need to talk to them anyway, as the IMRC open circuit DTC (P2008) is being thrown every time I start the car. I would think Edelbrock would have tuned the IMRC code out...
Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
What were you expecting to see?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Edelbrock's own dyno sheet shows 533 lbs/ft of torque and you made 587? Dyno numbers vary and so do the conditions when they are made. Have you had the car on the drag strip?

By the way, how is the EB tune for daily driving?

OP
OP

oldirtysturdy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 MT82
What were you expecting to see?
I was expecting to see between 650-675 (based on other posts). I know the numbers are relative to the baseline, and it's hard to find posts with baseline and post SC install. The most recent one I could find was only 32 HP below mine on his gain from stock to a stage 1. He also had the A10 (I have the MT82). I am not unhappy, especially with the torque gain. I was just expecting more peak hp numbers.

OP
OP

oldirtysturdy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 MT82
Edelbrock's own dyno sheet shows 533 lbs/ft of torque and you made 587? Dyno numbers vary and so do the conditions when they are made. Have you had the car on the drag strip?

By the way, how is the EB tune for daily driving?
I know, the torque is crazy. I don't really care so much about the numbers, just the gain over stock. Actually, looking at what edelbrock shows for their stage 1 vs 2 numbers (642 vs 686), it's not that far off when comparing it to another member's stage 1 numbers. I had a 32 hp gain over him, stock run vs FI run (he did both too).

No, I haven't had it on the strip. I just got it back yesterday. I will definitely need new tires before I even attempt that. These PS 4Ss just spin in 1st and 2nd (3rd is even a little sketchy). It is starting to get cold here, so I will probably just wait until spring.

As far as daily driving goes, so far so good. I drove it about 100 miles after I picked it up yesterday. There seems to be a little bit of surging when giving light throttle (2-4K), but I was able to overcome that with my foot (for the most part). I will be able to answer that question better, as I will be driving it 30 miles to work every day this week.

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I was expecting to see between 650-675 (based on other posts). I know the numbers are relative to the baseline, and it's hard to find posts with baseline and post SC install. The most recent one I could find was only 32 HP below mine on his gain from stock to a stage 1. He also had the A10 (I have the MT82). I am not unhappy, especially with the torque gain. I was just expecting more peak hp numbers.
Maybe you should put some butts in the trunk and go again. I had to have 3 people on the back of mine to get a solid reading.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Edelbrock stage 2 dyno 93.jpg
Well, I can't say I am not disappointed in the dyno results. The highest pull wasn't recorded (635/590), but it still falls well short of what I was expecting. This was done on the edelbrock 93 tune. Any ideas? I am going to be datalogging and talking to Edelbrock, because something doesn't seem right. The car drives fine, and pulls really hard (there is no way to keep the wheels from spinning in 2nd and 3rd WOT), but I would think the numbers would be a lot higher, based on what I have seen. I need to talk to them anyway, as the IMRC open circuit DTC (P2008) is being thrown every time I start the car. I would think Edelbrock would have tuned the IMRC code out...
Torque is excellent, but it’s dynoed in standard correction so it’s probably a bit less in both hp/tq, that said did u dump a can of boostane or additive in just for safety or to make sure it didn’t pull timing on 93?

The Stage 2, from what people has said (tuners) the boost is a bit high in stock form, EB sez they tune differently than other tuners but honestly 13lbs on 93 r sketchy.

I’d redyno with some boostane mixed with 94, Corrected

OP
OP

oldirtysturdy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 MT82
Torque is excellent, but it’s dynoed in standard correction so it’s probably a bit less in both hp/tq, that said did u dump a can of boostane or additive in just for safety or to make sure it didn’t pull timing on 93?

The Stage 2, from what people has said (tuners) the boost is a bit high in stock form, EB sez they tune differently than other tuners but honestly 13lbs on 93 r sketchy.

I’d redyno with some boostane mixed with 94, Corrected
Yeah, I ordered some boostane pro last night because the graph looked like it was pulling timing up top.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Yeah, I ordered some boostane pro last night because the graph looked like it was pulling timing up top.
I am thinking these high boost EB kits need more than 93 to achieve the best results.

Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I am thinking these high boost EB kits need more than 93 to achieve the best results.
Exactly, the Stage 2 is too much boost for pump, Alex tested it at power by the hour, 11psi is a good number, we all know not all 93 is safe. Imo, you have to add additive in any boosted setup just for that reason alone, regardless of boost

Bad fuel and boost along with 12.1cr...Not safe, I don’t care who tunes it

OP
OP

oldirtysturdy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 MT82
Exactly, the Stage 2 is too much boost for pump, Alex tested it at power by the hour, 11psi is a good number, we all know not all 93 is safe. Imo, you have to add additive in any boosted setup just for that reason alone, regardless of boost

Bad fuel and boost along with 12.1cr...Not safe, I don’t care who tunes it
Yeah, I will be adding boostane to it from now on.

Now, to get rid of this p2008 (IMRC open circuit) code. I have no idea why Edelbrock doesn't tune this out. It is irritating to see the CEL for something that isn't there anymore...

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Does anything get plugged into the IMRC on install? What circuit runs the intercooler pump?

OP
OP

oldirtysturdy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 MT82
Does anything get plugged into the IMRC on install? What circuit runs the intercooler pump?
The IMRC solenoid is removed from the Manifold and plugged into the IMRC harness, then zip tied. Which my installer didn't realize he had to do. I just looked and the solenoid is still in the manifold...

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yeah, I will be adding boostane to it from now on.

Now, to get rid of this p2008 (IMRC open circuit) code. I have no idea why Edelbrock doesn't tune this out. It is irritating to see the CEL for something that isn't there anymore...

So u found the issue?
Sponsored