Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

zrwhat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
The adapter is at the bottom of the injector in the picture. There is no adjustment, it makes the overall injector length the same as the stock injector.
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The adapter is at the bottom of the injector in the picture. There is no adjustment, it makes the overall injector length the same as the stock injector.
I realise the overall length is the same, but the distance from the tip of the injector nozzle, relative to the manifold is changed.
Apparently it’s become quite common to go this way these days...
I just figured it might mess with the spray pattern if the outlet is lifted too high.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
I picked up some DW95 injectors with some other bits over the holiday sales. Admittedly its the thing I'm dreading swapping out because I must've gotten lucky on my initial install since they were not an issue for me. I feel karma about to strike...

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I realise the overall length is the same, but the distance from the tip of the injector nozzle, relative to the manifold is changed.
Apparently it’s become quite common to go this way these days...
I just figured it might mess with the spray pattern if the outlet is lifted too high.
I had this same thought, and did a little poking around.

The OE injectors are Bosch EV6 type E (dual spray pattern) injectors common to 4 valve heads. With these the location of the nozzle in the intake manifold is critical as it basically shoots fuel right at the valves. The geometry of the spray pattern is specific to the car.

Aftermarket injectors are by and large Bosch Motorsport EV14 (standard or compact) body with type C conical spray nozzle. These have a single spray cone with a generally narrower pattern than the dual spray and as such the adapter does not interfere with the cone in any significant way. (Conical spray pattern angles from 15 to 70 degrees are available from Bosch) You lose the slight efficiency advantage of the dual spray pattern, but it's not going to be as vehicle-specific, and you're usually spraying more fuel for power anyway so it all comes out in the wash. I would postulate that the extra length allows the pattern to open up just a bit more, so the distribution is more even when the intake air stream splits at the divider inside the port.

FIC generally uses the EV14 standard body injectors for anything 1000cc and under, so that the adapter is only on the nozzle end. Their 1200, 1650, and 2150 cc injectors use the short bodies which are available in those stupid high flow rates from Bosch, but require a top hat adapter also for the Coyote.

ID and others tend to just use the EV14 short body injectors across the board because it's more adaptable to multiple applications, but whenever you're using a top hat adapter on the inlet side it's seeing rail pressure all the time, so that's just adding an opportunity for a leak.

http://www.bosch-motorsport.de/content/downloads/Raceparts/Resources/pdf/Data sheet_67797771_Injection_Valve_EV_14.pdf

Last edited:

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Someone should just make the correct dual spray pattern In the correct height?

Sponsored

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Yeah that would be cool, but I’m betting Bosch would need OEM production size orders to make them. Their Motorsports injectors are designed to be off the shelf adaptable.

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible A10
Could you explain this process? I was interested in getting the airbox ,MAF & throttle body.
Sorry, I'm so late answering this. The only way to get the Stage2 airbox for S550's is to order the individual parts that make up the airbox so you can build your own. In order to do that, you must first call Edelbrock Tech and ask them for all of the relevant individual part #'s for the Stage2 airbox. Once you have those part #'s, you call Edelbrock Sales and order the parts. When you received the shipped parts, it's just a matter of a fairly simple process to piece together the Stage2 airbox. I'm assuming, of course, that the MAF housing would be an integral ingredient of that parts list. The TB is an easy purchase from Edelbrock Sales and is already pre-assembled. There are two versions, an analog for '15-'17 cars and a digital for '18-'20 cars. Hope this helps...

Last edited:

Furious18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt, 2018 f150 eb 3.5
@mikengail
@wsfrazier
Here’s the results of my testing for a vac leak.
Honestly, I can’t face-palm hard enough right now, but I’ll share the story for the lol’s.
Hopefully it’s worth the read.....

As stated earlier, I was driving the car one day on PBD tune, when it stalled as I came to a stop. Weird right? The weather had changed significantly at that time, so I suspected that something might be up in the calibration. Fast forward a few days and the car has stalled a few more times.
Flashed Lund tune across, car drove “ok” (but not as good as usual), stalling very rarely (twice in a a few weeks, typically within 15 seconds of start up.
AFR on the dash was all over the place, sometimes flip0ing between 11.x - 16.x
This is all happening while I’m trying to chase the issue of course.
Logs showed a trend of one bank not following the other.
Tried Aerostart on the fittings and any potential leak source. Nothing.
Tried propane, nothing.
Built a smoke machine to find the @&”#&ing leak.
Hooked smoke machine to intake tube. Removed lid of airbox to remove the filter and plug the hole (don’t want all the smoke coming out if the big hole right?)...
And THAT is when I discovered that the #$*@ing air cleaner had fallen off!
Fitted air cleaner, pushed start button, MAF signal back to normal, car idles and drives like a dream.
Now to flash that PBD tune back to the car :curse::headbang:
I honestly thought I was much smarter than this post would otherwise indicate. Seems that the Dunning-Krueger effect is in full swing right here :crazy:
funny, same thing happened to me! Car acted like a serious vacuum leak

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
For those who might be interested, PBD confirmed that they’re happy to tune for e85 with the DW95’s, DW400 and Kenne Bell BAP on my 2650/3.25” pulley. Rob seemed to think the cost would be $100, but wasn’t 100% sure on that.
Given that I don’t have easy access to e85, I won’t be using it everyday. If I was heading in the direction of full-time use I’d probably be looking at ID1050x’s for their e85 compatibility and probably a return system from Radium to keep some daily manners in terms of fuel level capability, unlike many of the other systems on the market.
Looks like Xmas has come early for me. :clap:

Wiggs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Over thanksgiving break I installed a DW400, BAP & ID 1050X's. The ID's have the billet injector height adapters that have no clips on the bottom of the injector. There was absolutely zero chance of installing these injectors with the stock mounting holes in the Edelbrock rails. The ID injectors must be slightly taller than the 47lb I removed? With the rails compressed on the injectors I was still only able to see half of the threaded hole in the supercharger (Small telescoping mirror is a time saver if you don't have one). I ended up putting the rails in a mill here at work and slotted the mounting holes which allowed me to get the cap screws started and then compress the injectors and tighten. I did not remove the clips for the top hats on the ID injectors, I did remove the orientation clips that come with the Edelbrock rails.

One tip that worked for me was to zip tie all coolant and wire harnesses as far out of the way as you can get them (Still cut the shit out of my hands but gives a little more room to work). I also seated the height adapters in the lower intake first, then mounted the injectors all in the rail, lubed the height adapters and once all were aligned the injectors slid right into the adapters. Have no leaks so far, time to get it re-tuned with the 3.25 upper and e85.

2019-12-05_14-10-53.jpg
I installed the ID1050x's without making any changes....it's frustrating as all hell to get everything aligned and get the fuel rail bolts in but it is possible!

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
For those who might be interested, PBD confirmed that they’re happy to tune for e85 with the DW95’s, DW400 and Kenne Bell BAP on my 2650/3.25” pulley. Rob seemed to think the cost would be $100, but wasn’t 100% sure on that.
Given that I don’t have easy access to e85, I won’t be using it everyday. If I was heading in the direction of full-time use I’d probably be looking at ID1050x’s for their e85 compatibility and probably a return system from Radium to keep some daily manners in terms of fuel level capability, unlike many of the other systems on the market.
I take it you're staying with PBD and not Lund then, if you go the route of fuel change ?

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thats what they told me but I feel much better that u got the info from Rob himself

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I take it you're staying with PBD and not Lund then, if you go the route of fuel change ?
Correct. I can’t justify a return fuel system for the limited use it will see. Lund will demand such a setup.
Sponsored