Sponsored

Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
@ForYourOwnGood just out of curiosity (from a state that doesn't require emissions testing) do they actually test or do they take your car's word for it? I noticed during the short "drive-able" time I had the EB tune on my car I was getting a flashing engine light with KOEO. After I got my dyno tune it went back to solid.
I don't have to do the sniffer here they just scan the ECU for readiness. But the R2 tune had the rear O2 sensors off so I had to ask for an update.
Sponsored

dragonszar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I took the nitrous pill out this morning car feel much more like when it was N/A. Can't believe the difference. With it in there the smooth transition made the boost delay Sooo much that it feel exactly like the lag on a big turbo. With it out I can actually control the throttle. Because of the pretty much instant response, I have can a useul first and second again.

On a second note I talked with edelbrock tech last night. Really good customer support btw, responded after hours almost instantly. And it was about 10PM Florida time. For those of you wanting less power. If you are running the Edelbrock tune, you could throw on a larger pulley safely without recalibration and run less boost. I think he said for every size you go up (1/4 inch), you lose about 1.5-2 psi and 20 wheel horsepower. For about 50 bucks I thought I'd thrown on the 3.5 inch pulley and see if losing some power will make the remaining power more useful in the lower gears, and hopefully have the stock clutch last a little bit longer.

Dun5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 15 Premium
I took the nitrous pill out this morning car feel much more like when it was N/A. Can't believe the difference. With it in there the smooth transition made the boost delay Sooo much that it feel exactly like the lag on a big turbo. With it out I can actually control the throttle. Because of the pretty much instant response, I have can a useul first and second again.

On a second note I talked with edelbrock tech last night. Really good customer support btw, responded after hours almost instantly. And it was about 10PM Florida time. For those of you wanting less power. If you are running the Edelbrock tune, you could throw on a larger pulley safely without recalibration and run less boost. I think he said for every size you go up (1/4 inch), you lose about 1.5-2 psi and 20 wheel horsepower. For about 50 bucks I thought I'd thrown on the 3.5 inch pulley and see if losing some power will make the remaining power more useful in the lower gears, and hopefully have the stock clutch last a little bit longer.
I installed a boost/vacuum gauge in the 1/8 port in the back of the SC. The boost gauge in the dash isn’t accurate. With the 3.5 pully I was getting 7lb of Boost. I am currently running the 3.25 pully getting 9lb of boost. I’m at 971’ elevation here in Ga. If you settle on the 3.25 you will need a Gates K060822 Belt; keeps the tensioner at about 60%.

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I installed a boost/vacuum gauge in the 1/8 port in the back of the SC. The boost gauge in the dash isn’t accurate. With the 3.5 pully I was getting 7lb of Boost. I am currently running the 3.25 pully getting 9lb of boost. I’m at 971’ elevation here in Ga. If you settle on the 3.25 you will need a Gates K060822 Belt; keeps the tensioner at about 60%.
Is this the 2300 or the 2650?

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Just sent Tony an email.

2nd day delivery has now been since May 15th waiting for the harness. I know I could cut and solder, but should just be plug and play.

Hopefully he can get me fixed up ASAP.
Edelbrock Came through for me again!!!

Thanks again! Can’t beat the service!!!

dragonszar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Which belt were you running with the 3.5 inch pulley?

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I haven't really been driving the car while waiting for the clutch install date, but the battery is really struggling with the pump that won't shut off sometimes. It could barely start the car yesterday and after I parked it the pump ran for almost 10 minutes before I just unplugged the stupid thing. Did anyone find a solution to this?

Also, how much belt dust is normal for this kit? My belt looks like ass and it probably has 300 miles on it, and there is dust caked all over the front cover of the motor.

Dun5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 15 Premium
I haven't really been driving the car while waiting for the clutch install date, but the battery is really struggling with the pump that won't shut off sometimes. It could barely start the car yesterday and after I parked it the pump ran for almost 10 minutes before I just unplugged the stupid thing. Did anyone find a solution to this?

Also, how much belt dust is normal for this kit? My belt looks like ass and it probably has 300 miles on it, and there is dust caked all over the front cover of the motor.
You have a pully alignment issue. That’s one thing EB should touch on in the instructions. You can get a laser alignment set and check all your pullys. The supercharger could be out of square or a pully or bracket my need to be shimmed with washers. My pump runs for a few minutes after car is turned off when it’s really hot. I would say 3 minutes max.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Same here. The longest I’ve had the pump run is a couple of minutes. Of course I also installed a battery right after the SC install, but I haven’t had any issues.

Also, no issues for me with belt wear. Guess I just got lucky because after I bolted everything on I just kept going.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
You have a pully alignment issue. That’s one thing EB should touch on in the instructions. You can get a laser alignment set and check all your pullys. The supercharger could be out of square or a pully or bracket my need to be shimmed with washers. My pump runs for a few minutes after car is turned off when it’s really hot. I would say 3 minutes max.

I did check the pulley alignment upon install, I was worried because the blower did NOT want to bolt down. I called EB Tech and they said since this was literally the very last kit made the jig and production equipment may have allowed a little deviation in the bolt pattern which matches what I saw doing the install. My belt is wearing fast on the smooth side, and it seems like slippage? I did make sure it was the 812 belt before I installed it, maybe I should try a different brand.

Dun5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 15 Premium
I did check the pulley alignment upon install, I was worried because the blower did NOT want to bolt down. I called EB Tech and they said since this was literally the very last kit made the jig and production equipment may have allowed a little deviation in the bolt pattern which matches what I saw doing the install. My belt is wearing fast on the smooth side, and it seems like slippage? I did make sure it was the 812 belt before I installed it, maybe I should try a different brand.
Dayco and Gates belts are better then the Continental IMO.

Dun5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 15 Premium
You happen to know the part numbers for either of them? I always used gates on my 03 Cobra.
On the Gates belt for the 3.25 is K060822.
Don’t know what the 3.5 gates number is, I bought 3 different sizes to find the best tightest one for the 3.25.

I got lucky on the 3.5, it was the first one I bought.
Sponsored