Sponsored

Edelbrock 2650 Warranty 2019 GT goes to the track!

OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Th
Damn, 13 degree’s down to 11at WOT at 11AF doesn’t seem to bad? Maybe fuel octane is lame?

Well he is approaching 11.8AF, although that’s not horrible for a boosted application with soft timing at 9-10psi?
This is on the 91 tune with 93 fuel in the tank, which we determined isn't very good pump gas here. :/

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Damn, 13 degree’s down to 11at WOT at 11AF doesn’t seem to bad? Maybe fuel octane is lame?

Well he is approaching 11.8AF, although that’s not horrible for a boosted application with soft timing at 9-10psi?
The knock is causing the motor to retard the timing. Not great. I’m no expert by any means.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The knock is causing the motor to retard the timing. Not great. I’m no expert by any means.

Of course, I’d try some boostane to see if it disappears. I know some guys were having issues with the coil covers hitting the firewall which was causing knock, a few of them ground the corner of the coil covers down so they wouldn’t hit, me I’d never run those things

OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Of course, I’d try some boostane to see if it disappears. I know some guys were having issues with the coil covers hitting the firewall which was causing knock, a few of them ground the corner of the coil covers down so they wouldn’t hit, me I’d never run those things
It had knock at the track with boostane in the tank. I just don't run it all the time. Really thought I was just testing to see if it would go past 120mph. lol

Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It had knock at the track with boostane in the tank. I just don't run it all the time. Really thought I was just testing to see if it would go past 120mph. lol

That’s strange so it had KR, with boostane.

Did u check your firewall where the coil covers get close, see if theres a mark back there or if paint rubbed off the cover, firewall?

OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
That’s strange so it had KR, with boostane.

Did u check your firewall where the coil covers get close, see if theres a mark back there or if paint rubbed off the cover, firewall?
We've been looking it over. I haven't been under the car yet. The weather has been crap. But I did manage to get the car ceramic coated a few weeks ago. :D

I've heard others are complaining of the stock 2 piece drive shaft causing vibrations. Not sure I want to throw more money chasing this right now. It's cost me more than I bargained for already.

OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
We may be a bit. lol Happy Holidays to my Mustang family!

“Thank you for contacting Edelbrock’s Calibration department. Please note we will be closed for the holidays beginning December 23rd through the 27th and returning December 30th. We will respond to your requests as soon as possible, thank you for your patience.”

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Here's the log if anyone else wants to look it over. I can barely read this stuff. lol
I can’t even open that file.
Any chance you could upload it to Datazap.me?
Very keen to take a look at it.

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Me too I just lost my 3rd engine I had reduced my boost to stage 1 levels....
Is the knock retard occuring on a shift all mine have always blown including this one ( new round of verification today ) on the 2-3...I can go, and did, 3-6 into the 130mph zone with zero knock...or issues the first or second time I stop and let it shift full power 2-3 boost pressure spikes on the bottom of 3rd and the engine fails every single time...got my car 1 year ago today and I'm looking at being on the 4th engine....nothing has helped and I'm running the blower slow as possible aka the biggest pulley that will fit the blower and they only make a 15% over for the $917 2 piece harmonic balancer....I called, quite prophetically, and tried to buy a 10% over and they only make the 15 which is weird why have a 2 piece modular outer ring and no select of speeds? I was gonna switch to an ATI or Innovators west after Christmas to slow it down...but looks like she didnt make it.....
The blower it just to badass for the engine...

Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Is the knock retard occuring on a shift all mine have always blown including this one ( new round of verification today ) on the 2-3...I can go, and did, 3-6 into the 130mph zone with zero knock...or issues the first or second time I stop and let it shift full power 2-3 boost pressure spikes on the bottom of 3rd and the engine fails every single time...got my car 1 year ago today and I'm looking at being on the 4th engine....nothing has helped and I'm running the blower slow as possible aka the biggest pulley that will fit the blower and they only make a 15% over for the $917 2 piece harmonic balancer....I called, quite prophetically, and tried to buy a 10% over and they only make the 15 which is weird why have a 2 piece modular outer ring and no select of speeds? I was gonna switch to an ATI or Innovators west after Christmas to slow it down...but looks like she didnt make it.....

Wait, u just lost the new setup?

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
What other mods from stock are you talking about? Tires, suspension, etc. I'm just curious to know if I think the Edelbrock setup would do the same with the same setup. Unfortunately it doesn't jive with their warranty requirements. But I'm still curious.
With a killer chiller and whipple stage 1 on whipple tune coyote car guy just run 10.6x in the 130s on 6rib in Florida...not exactly negative DA....was very impressed. Our blowers are monsters on custom tune even at your boost level...IF there is no slip....would absolutely repeat his results with a killer chiller and getting out the hole harder than him it should out ET him hooking but he would have a little better mph.....
You can get a custom tune fron Lund that is very familiar with your blower and use your existing SCT device so $650.....

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Are all these blown motors on Edelbrock tunes or others??

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Holy crap! Sorry to hear this!!

Is this the motor that was just put in?

I’m hoping your next year is a better one than this has been for motors for you!!!

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I can’t even open that file.
Any chance you could upload it to Datazap.me?
Very keen to take a look at it.
It is an excel format for SCT Livelink2. Just open file in that program.
Sponsored