Sponsored

Ecoboost to GT Regrets? Tips/Suggestions?

mc68386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Are you sure you're not lost?

Nothing wrong with an EB mustang other than the car is too heavy for a 4 cylinder, they sound like dogshit (worse than a coyote if that's even possible), and are overpriced.

ZX3ST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, Kona Blue, J3116
I am going with Mischievous Purple.
To me Mischievous Purple is a bit of a wimpy name whereas Homicidal Purple really sells it! :)
Murderous Grape
Grape Ape
Maybe Crowd Avoiding Purple is a more friendly name then :)
Pleasant Purple lol
What? No purple people eater?
Me and some buddies were so proud of ourselves one night when we collectively came up with Statutory Grape. Drinks might have been involved...

I think Dodge had something like Plum Crazy?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
OP
OP
XFactor7889

XFactor7889

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Performance Package
If you ordered the Performance Package the Nickel Luster wheels are a no brainer. The stock black wheels are great but get totally lost on a dark colored car.

Lots of pics here.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ode-647-for-gt-w-pp-availability.94337/page-5
Thanks for sharing that link! I agree, the black wheels won't be able to pop the way I'd want on that color. The only reason for my hesitancy is knowing I'll want a different set of wheels ultimately anyway. Since those have an upcharge I think I'd be wasting my money. I've been thinking about a PP2 or M1HP style wheel. Or even something like the EB PP wheels from the 18+ (which is what I have on my current one...I wonder if i could get them powder coated 🤔).

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Thanks for sharing that link! I agree, the black wheels won't be able to pop the way I'd want on that color. The only reason for my hesitancy is knowing I'll want a different set of wheels ultimately anyway. Since those have an upcharge I think I'd be wasting my money. I've been thinking about a PP2 or M1HP style wheel. Or even something like the EB PP wheels from the 18+ (which is what I have on my current one...I wonder if i could get them powder coated 🤔).
I hear you but…at $850 they are a good deal for forged wheels. You will be able to sell them for at least that when the time comes to replace them.

And just to tempt you. :giggle: :like:

F4ED4197-6354-4B49-BE1E-6531F5677DA9.jpeg

9B09CF83-2A3B-474A-AD78-91BBBF8CC2DA.jpeg

OP
OP
XFactor7889

XFactor7889

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I hear you but…at $850 they are a good deal for forged wheels. You will be able to sell them for at least that when the time comes to replace them.

And just to tempt you. :giggle: :like:

F4ED4197-6354-4B49-BE1E-6531F5677DA9.jpeg

9B09CF83-2A3B-474A-AD78-91BBBF8CC2DA.jpeg
Dang... those do look good lol they just weren't the style I had in my head.... thanks a lot, I've got some thinking to do 🤦🏼‍♂️

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
My biggest struggle is knowing that I don't need to do this, like I said I've only got 61k miles on the EB, so I'm having a hard time with the decision to do it. (Background - I'm a finance guy, prioritize saving for retirement and updating my spreadsheet with my personal budget haha so this isn't a normal decision for me.)
Awesome to see when guys have their priorities correct and care about their future. You are exactly the type of person that should upgrade and get what you want - not because you need it, but because you would definitely appreciate all the things a GT would give you over your EB. You are already planning for your future now, so splurging once to get a GT will not derail you from your future goals in the long term. Hell, if you get exactly what you are looking for, you might keep the car for a long time. Good luck with your search and post pics when you get your new car. Don't let any of those shady dealers manhandle you with BS upcharges!

rhexis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi S4, 2020 Mustang GT
when i was looking for my first mustang i never even considered the ecoboost due to the 4 cyl it just seems the car is too big and heavy for that regardless of the power the motor can produce. now if ford had had an inline 6 cyl twin turbo motor option i would have jumped on that in a second.

OP
OP
XFactor7889

XFactor7889

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Awesome to see when guys have their priorities correct and care about their future. You are exactly the type of person that should upgrade and get what you want - not because you need it, but because you would definitely appreciate all the things a GT would give you over your EB. You are already planning for your future now, so splurging once to get a GT will not derail you from your future goals in the long term. Hell, if you get exactly what you are looking for, you might keep the car for a long time. Good luck with your search and post pics when you get your new car. Don't let any of those shady dealers manhandle you with BS upcharges!
I appreciate it! That is my plan. I'd like to make this a project car once it's time to move on to a new daily driver. That was the plan for the EB, but something tells me the GT will be a little more fun as a project 🤷🏼‍♂️ I've already picked out several mods to do over time. (I may be more excited about it than I expected to be lol)

Sponsored
OP
OP
XFactor7889

XFactor7889

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
these wheels and a spoiler delete really change the look of the PP1 cars.
1664897181856.png
For sure! That looks awesome! And I think these look great without a spoiler. That said, my EB has the spoiler delete, so I've decided it's time to change things up and go with the spoiler for this one. (I'm kind of leaning toward the RTR gurney flap for the PP spoiler.)

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
...I've never really been the type to think, "I'll drive the EB until I can upgrade to the GT." I've actually more-so thought I'd have both one day. But, seeing how they are both S550s, and given my current limitations on storage, I don't think it makes sense to own both if I do this.
...And driving the EB most days of the week probably wouldn't save enough money on gas to make up for the insurance and property tax for having an extra car.

I have 4 (running) cars at home, so I'm not one to tell people they should only have one car. 😅
But it's easier to rationalize having multiple cars when they all feel different from the driver's seat. Between an EcoBoost and a GT it's hard to imagine them feeling different except for power. Don't they have the exact same EPAS? Is the software even different?

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
EB is lighter in the nose and it's pretty obvious. Yes, it's still silly but some of us like nuance. I didn't save a brass farthing on insurance though.
Sponsored