Sponsored

Ebay Headers

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
So I know there's a thread out there on maximizer headers..
Anyone have experience with these?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/2015-2017-Mustang-GT-5-0-2M-Fabrication-Catless-Long-Tube-Headers-1-7-8/183246553047?fits=Model%3AMustang%7CSubmodel%3AGT&hash=item2aaa587fd7:g:SDkAAOSwzINa7nAP&vxp=mtr

These are crazy cheap.. Look like good quality in the pics. Stainless steel as well and lifetime warranty

In terms of the price.. They are relatively on par.
If you manually get headers made, they're probably around this price, including fab, material, etc.

When you buy some of the bigger brands, you pay for the name sometimes lol

Edit: These are also Made in USA. Not any China garbage!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Hmm. I wonder as well.

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is a thread on Facebook about these. Some say they are SW's with the badge removed since there are spot welds still on the tubes after removal.

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
Anyone have any feedback on these? Seller says they are made in Idaho by 2M Fabrication. I can’t find any info on them. The seller has feedback from some buyers that says they look and fit great but that’s all I have dug up.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
You get what you pay for is all I have to say here.

gracjan88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
There is a thread on Facebook about these. Some say they are SW's with the badge removed since there are spot welds still on the tubes after removal.
Could you please send me the link to the Facebook thread ? I want to see what people are saying about them. Thank you.

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
I hear nothing but positives from people that own them and nothing but negatives from people that don't.
Where are you hearing from people who own them? Would like to ask someone about how they fit and a which cats and how much messing around was involved to use an ARH catback without permanently welding it together

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Where are you hearing from people who own them? Would like to ask someone about how they fit and a which cats and how much messing around was involved to use an ARH catback without permanently welding it together
I have a set like the ones above, the Maximizers actually. From what I've seen people are happy with them. I can say the same for the Speed Daddy's too and they are the cheapest on the market to my knowledge. Mine aren't installed yet so I don't have any personal experience.

As for cats, you can get a lot of these with or without them. My set had the option, I went no cats.

Yeah they aren't going to bolt right up but a local exhaust shop will make you a mid pipe and even then, you're still much cheaper than a set of Kooks. Nothing against them, just saying they aren't cheap. Some people want a true bolt on solution, the cheaper headers wouldn't be for them. For those willing to do a little leg work you can come out way ahead.

Sponsored

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I purchased the Maximizer/OBD headers two years ago when they were on special for around 420.00 shipped with resonators instead of cats. I inspected them thoroughly as I have tig welded for years when I had my x275 car. The welds were great. Just as any American who welds for a living, their skills get better with time. I'd say that was the case with the obd/maximizer headers. I had no complaints on the weld quality. Now I doubt that they purge welded them, but I doubt American companies are doing that as well in a mass production facility. The only issue with the OBD was that I needed to add 3 inches of pipe to the extensions to mate the Corsa 3 inch catback.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Check some of the S550/Coyote related Facebook groups. Speed Daddy is what most of them get.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Looked at the reviews on eBay for the Speed Daddy ones. Looks like one of the pipes has to be dented in a little to clear the steering shaft. Other than that, looks good!

$206 Canadian! Wow! But of course, shipping is a measley $130... why is shipping so ridiculous to Ontario?!?

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
I have a set like the ones above, the Maximizers actually. From what I've seen people are happy with them. I can say the same for the Speed Daddy's too and they are the cheapest on the market to my knowledge. Mine aren't installed yet so I don't have any personal experience.

As for cats, you can get a lot of these with or without them. My set had the option, I went no cats.

Yeah they aren't going to bolt right up but a local exhaust shop will make you a mid pipe and even then, you're still much cheaper than a set of Kooks. Nothing against them, just saying they aren't cheap. Some people want a true bolt on solution, the cheaper headers wouldn't be for them. For those willing to do a little leg work you can come out way ahead.
Are you planning on doing the install yourself or taking to a shop? If a shop, let me know where you go and how it was.

08fordgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2016 shelby gt350 race red
I have a set of the 2m Fab headers. I'm going to install them on my friend's 2015 5.0. the welds look pretty good and it all sides together very well. I'll update after install. It's 1 7/8 to fill 3" so it'll need a transition piece to go to stock mid pipe or a full 3" cat back.
C85EFECE-2B99-4037-9475-62CF5C02A53A.jpeg
4B802A4A-94A2-45C4-A162-5BEB9B9C8654.jpeg
5F38A9A1-DF5C-4BC6-94F7-0A03D50FA354.jpeg
BD00394D-C007-4FA0-841A-F1F26F63EA72.jpeg
Sponsored