caniggia

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2010 GT500 700HP
Friend has 3xyellow, looks best of all colours available in person for me.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

Car looks ace mate!

Any performance/acceleration and handling differences between running the 19" and 20" wheels?

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Thanks for the additional info.
I ordered the Ford Performance version, mainly because of the reduced price :) and because I realized that in 6 months I almost never opened my hood, so the longer brackets have a minor importance for me.

OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Original spare wheel

My spare wheel kit came in yesterday. It has an aluminum rim in size 5J18 that (as a special surprise to me :doh:) is painted black instead of silver as depicted in the Ford official product pics.

The kit comes with a jack + folding lug wrench and a different double threaded stud that is used to lock the jack to the floor and then to lock the wheel over the jack.

The tire is a Maxxis 155/60/18 which is significantly lower than the original tires (6.5%) so this really is to be used for slow emergency driving only. The tire could actually have been slightly higher as the wheel sits freely in the well, so a bit surprised why Ford didn't use a 265/60 for example.

Anyway it all fits excellent, locks in like a rock and the top floor stays nice and flush.

Btw for those of you who haven't gone through the car's manual from A-Z: In the bottom left corner of the last picture you can see a little white funnel that is hanging underneath the plastic floor edge. This is to be used when you run out of gas and have to fill up from a jerry can or something similar. The funnel will keep the easy fuel gas cap open and also the secondary valve that's a little deeper in the line. Alternatively it can also be used for emergency female relief shoud such an occasion rise unexpectedly.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Roush Style Side Stripes

Made in Holland, since Roush doesn't sell theirs as separate parts. I juiced them up with SVO logos:
2016042001.jpg

Last edited:

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
nice! and the SVO logo is a touch of class :)

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
I wanted to do it months ago after the reading the thread you mentioned above, but then realized it might be something to stop the bonnet going up and down at high speeds. At least that's what some car magazines told in their reviews. I've never seen the bonnet doing anything like that, not even at autobahn speeds. So I figured it might be a flaw to cover another one :ford: and should look it up first, then totally forgot about it.

So did any of you guys (@UNtamed67 , [MENTION=7100]Ericc B[/MENTION] or anybody else) adjust the bonnet?

** He asks months after :headbonk: **

Great thread btw [MENTION=7100]Ericc B[/MENTION]! You've solved more questions I had about suspension, wheel spacers and tires with your build than all the threads in the suspension and wheel forums together :hail:

Last edited: