Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Hi,

I'm trying to remove the door panels, which according to the instructions should be an easy task. But I got stuck at the very first step.

Screenshot 2022-09-29 at 19.02.31.png

How on Earth can you pull out that cover? I can't for the life of me insert any tool between it and its surroundings. And its rear edge, the only place where it looks like one might be able to pull on the cover, is directly behind the door handle, where I can't reach it.
I think the engineer who designed this piece had a wicked sense of humour. There must be a special place in hell for these people.
Any suggestions?

Thank you.
Sponsored

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
1664468316655.png

You need a hook/pick to get that off easily, but I managed to use a metal close hanger but it was a struggle. Out of curiosity, what do you need to remove the door panel for? I've been chasing this damn annoying rattle coming from the corner of mine where the little red light is and I've already removed the panel once.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
You use a 90 degee pick tool to get in behind the panel where I circled. Pull the handle back out of the way to gain access to here:
1664468352559.png

Use one these:
1664468441487.png

Once you get the pointed end in behind the panel pull it straight out toward you. The clips will release and probably scare you in the process.

This should help even more:

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Ah, I see. That makes sense. Thanks. :thumbsup::beer:
Now, that's exactly the sort of tool I don't have. :giggle:
I'll see where I can find one.

Out of curiosity, what do you need to remove the door panel for? I've been chasing this damn annoying rattle coming from the corner of mine where the little red light is and I've already removed the panel once.
Rattles, of course. I managed to kill a few, but killing those made others more obvious, so I'm moving on. 😁
I'm not even sure it actually comes from the door, but I can't be sure until I take a closer look.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

Rattles, of course. I managed to kill a few, but killing those made others more obvious, so I'm moving on. 😁
I'm not even sure it actually comes from the door, but I can't be sure until I take a closer look.
Funny isn't it... 32 rattles is annoying, but that 1 single rattle will drive you insane.

Sponsored

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd

Did you by chance have a rattle coming from this area? I have a rattle there that is constant at low speeds over bumpy streets/roads. I've taken the panel off and felt taped everything I could see, but it's actually gotten worse. If I shake the door while open I can produce the rattle, but I have no freaking clue what's causing it. Maybe it's something from inside the metal door and not the panel? If this car didn't have these rattles I would enjoy it so much more.

1664472435136.png

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'm not sure. I have several rattles, and one of them seems to come from an indefinite area on my left side. Could be the door, could be the pillar, could be the headliner... Or it could even be coming from the rear and just reflect off something and happen to sound as if it were coming from my left. I don't know. I hope that by driving for a while with the door panel removed I might be able to confirm if it's coming from the door or not.

The most annoying one, which really maddens me, appears to come from the trunk. So far I've been unable to find its source. So I'm trying to tackle the others first; maybe I have more luck with them.

Last edited:

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
I'm not sure. I have several rattles, and one of them seems to come from an indefinite area on my left side. Could be the door, could be the pillar, could be the headliner... Or it could even be coming from the rear and just reflect off something and happen to sound as if it were coming from my left. I don't know. I hope that by driving for a while with the door panel removed I might be able to confirm if it's coming from the door or not.

The most annoying one, which really maddens me, appears to come from the trunk. So far I've been unable to find its source. So I'm trying to tackle the others first; maybe I have more luck with them.
I hear ya, mine is coming from driver side corner of the door, literally right behind my left ear, maddening.

luke1333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra
I need to do this too. Driver's door panel squeaks sometimes when you sit your arm on it lol

Sponsored

Darthy Jo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT, 1986 Panther Kallista
I've noticed a slight buzzing vibration at the top on mine. If I press against the top of the door panel, it goes away. I notice it only when the window is up so I'll check it out when I eventually do some audio work. It's good to see tips like these for when I do.

I also found a plastic panel clip on the pass floor the other day, but no noises from there. lol. That's likely my fault from installing my dash cam and cell phone holder wiring.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
I had to do it twice on my former 2016. The wire that holds the small bulb for the door opening cradle (My Color) became lose and moved behind the panel. After the second time I superglued it to the holding connector.
Sponsored