jamesb1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Hi all,

I’ve unfortunately got a few scratches on the lower part of both door cards and an unfortunate puncture hole about the size of a ballpoint pen nib on the top part of the passenger door card thanks to my dog. My dog isn’t normally in the car of course but it was an emergency.

This has led me to look at replacing the door cards and from what i can see i really like the California special door cards with the red stitching (my paint is red and i have red stitched mats and soon to be R steering wheel so it will match). I like them more than the standard door cards and they also come with a chrome style surround for the speaker which isn’t on the standard door cards.

Im assuming those cards will still fit the same - is there anyone out there that has done the same? Do we think it would be better to just replace like for like (keeping the originality)?
Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
You do you man! If you like the change then who are we to say otherwise.
I’ve been kicking around the idea of doing a custom interior. If I jump down that hole, I’m asking design experts for input. So far, everything is still stock.
Keep in mind, any changes require you to post pictures.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Door panels are all interchangeable unless you have a 3-way speaker setup in your doors you obviously don’t want to install a door panel that only has the woofer grill.

I took my panels to a local uphosltery shop and had them replace the leather panels. Katzkin also makes them.
66114A79-48AB-4592-9CEB-F0A26304F109.jpeg

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Door panels are all interchangeable unless you have a 3-way speaker setup in your doors you obviously don’t want to install a door panel that only has the woofer grill.

I took my panels to a local uphosltery shop and had them replace the leather panels. Katzkin also makes them.
66114A79-48AB-4592-9CEB-F0A26304F109.jpeg
Exactly ^^^

Aside from the speaker grille cutouts, be aware that some door cards are not "soft touch" on the top portion. These would be older door cards or those that were not in Premium models.

So in looking at the pic supplied by @Evolvd, where you see the "line" or "split" if following the top of the card down to the door latch/pull, that entire top piece can be soft (padded) or completely molded hard plastic based on year/make/model/option package. You can't tell this from a picture; you have to either ask the seller to confirm material or be able to physically touch the top of the card in person.
Sponsored