Does anyone use royal purple oil

claydog501

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
clay
Vehicle(s)
2015 ford mustang v6 magnetic
About to change my oil and was thinking about using royal purple anyone using it yet........
IMG_0512.jpg
Sponsored

V6junkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6 ingot silver
I'm using it little expensive but worth it

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Heard nothing but goods things about royal purple products but I do not use the dealer changes my oil every time.

Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
I've heard great things as well but I've been using full synth Valvoline for the last few years because it's cheap and seems to work without problems so far.

V6_Mustang_2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang v6 3.55 diff
About to change my oil and was thinking about using royal purple anyone using it yet........
Royal purple is a great oil for shorter uses to keep oil temps low but has been proven to not last long, professionals use it for an event then change but not a good oil for long terms of 4000 5000 miles from what ive researched hope this helps.

Sponsored

z6cyl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base, MT-82, Ruby Red
Royal purple is a great oil for shorter uses to keep oil temps low but has been proven to not last long, professionals use it for an event then change but not a good oil for long terms of 4000 5000 miles from what ive researched hope this helps.
I'm a long time user of RP and I'd like you to post some sources to back up your absolutely outrageous claims. :paddle:

The standard RP oil is full synthetic and RP themselves rate it at 12K miles. I also use their filter and have had my oil tested after this 12K interval and had no abnormal substances or quantities of contaminates. I can't find my oil test results at the moment but the oil was still good for several thousand miles even after 12K in a newish engine.

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Have used Royal Purple for my two previous Coyote powered GTs with great success. And it does last a very long time between changes. I change about every 6,000 miles and use their excellent filter also. I really could have extended the drain interval but I just like to have that clean cooler oil flowing in my engines. Royal Purple is made in Porter, Texas, a small town next to Houston and smack dab in the energy capital of the world. Refineries abound and I have had the pleasure of touring their facility a few years ago. Their lubricating oils are among the best at any price. Before I retired I represented energy companies that bottled motor oils and became familiar with all the brands. Royal Purple is expensive but it's the best insurance you can put into your Mustang...no matter which engine.

V6_Mustang_2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm a long time user of RP and I'd like you to post some sources to back up your absolutely outrageous claims. :paddle:

The standard RP oil is full synthetic and RP themselves rate it at 12K miles. I also use their filter and have had my oil tested after this 12K interval and had no abnormal substances or quantities of contaminates. I can't find my oil test results at the moment but the oil was still good for several thousand miles even after 12K in a newish engine.
I didn't claim them...they were proven by sources awhile ago that did a variety of oil tests I watched something on it and read about it, as for posting things I've seen i'm going to go ahead and say research google I wont spoon feed the lazy, I didn't say it was a bad oil but the people who are doing the races say its good but they also change it every race.

z6cyl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base, MT-82, Ruby Red
I didn't claim them...they were proven by sources awhile ago that did a variety of oil tests I watched something on it and read about it, as for posting things I've seen i'm going to go ahead and say research google I wont spoon feed the lazy, I didn't say it was a bad oil but the people who are doing the races say its good but they also change it every race.
Nobody in this thread is talking about racing. Of course RP's standard synthetic oil probably isn't the best option for racing applications, thats why they make race oil... I would change my oil every oil change too if I was racing hard, as well as lots of other fluids and stuff. That doesn't mean RP's standard synthetic is any less useful than what they claim it to be. Your claims of it only being good for 4,000 to 5,000 miles in a normal road car application are unfounded and irrelevant to this thread then.

V6_Mustang_2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nobody in this thread is talking about racing. Of course RP's standard synthetic oil probably isn't the best option for racing applications, thats why they make race oil... I would change my oil every oil change too if I was racing hard, as well as lots of other fluids and stuff. That doesn't mean RP's standard synthetic is any less useful than what they claim it to be. Your claims of it only being good for 4,000 to 5,000 miles in a normal road car application are unfounded and irrelevant to this thread then.

Ok then, but it wasnt directed to you he asked our opinions I gave him mine I didn't ask for one from you good day.

Sponsored

TurboMetal

Deadlift or Die.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 5.0
Claydog, I'm about to change my oil too and was wondering the same. I guess I'll give RP a go. Nice choice in color and rims BTW. I chose the same. :D

OP
OP
claydog501

claydog501

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
clay
Vehicle(s)
2015 ford mustang v6 magnetic
Claydog, I'm about to change my oil too and was wondering the same. I guess I'll give RP a go. Nice choice in color and rims BTW. I chose the same. :D
looking good man
Sponsored