Dodge Challenger Demon

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I asked my dealer again, after the unveiling of the demon if he would sell me one and he said yes, at MSRP. He said he should get one. He sold a lot of hellcats and he is also one of the oldest Dodge dealers in the country. Said there are 3400 dealers in the country, some will get more than 1 and some will get none, he thinks he will get at least 1. Said it was mine if I wanted it. Just not exited as I should be, maybe because its just not a very good looking car.
Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The salt is real over on the Camaro5/Camaro6 general forum.
Makes sense since their FI car isn't close, but people saying Ford is sunk before even releasing the specs/car :lol:

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Well they turn it to "the Camaro has evolved beyond drag racing".

Shut the hell up...95% of the people who buy a SS, even the "basically a supercar" 1LE will be taking it to a drag strip. They're acting like they're all going to be doing HPDE track days and open wheel racing on Road America/Atlanta/Watkins Glen and MRLS.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Well of course. Chevy showed its cards too early. The 1LE isnt pushing out any more hp than a blown 5.0 (the 5.0 does react crazy good to boost though comfortably pushing 650-750hp)

I wouldn't count Ford out, they ruled the hp wars for many many years with the GT500. They know how to build a fast car.

If they can put out a 750+hp car that is lighter it will be very interesting (read the Demon is 808hp on pump gas, that 840hp is 100 octane). A 3900 pound 750hp GT500 has a 5.2lb/hp and Demon (using the 808 but no seats so the 4280 pound number) is 5.297 lb/hp

Last edited:

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
The salt is real over on the Camaro5/Camaro6 general forum.
Yeah,...they're the worse. Big crybabies. It's Camaro or nothing. :headbonk::headbonk:
Even the Mustang guys on that other popular Mustang forum all agreed the Demon is killer. They even love the Hellcat, as do I. Many of them own Hellcats as a matter of fact. I've been thinking of ordering one possibly.

Well they turn it to "the Camaro has evolved beyond drag racing".
Shut the hell up...95% of the people who buy a SS, even the "basically a supercar" 1LE will be taking it to a drag strip. They're acting like they're all going to be doing HPDE track days and open wheel racing on Road America/Atlanta/Watkins Glen and MRLS.
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I love it bro! :D :cheers:

Bubbachunks

Forever Ford!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Millenium Falcon
Demon is bad ass no doubt. And I like the regular Challenger as well.
But I'm a Ford guy. Now when the hell is Dearborn going to stuff a 400+ cubic inch V8 into the Mustang?
:ford:

HavasuCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Competition Orange
I have seen the new Demon being tested daily for quite a while, it's definitely bad ass ride.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
The Demon is definitely bad ass, It will own just about any car made in a heads up.

Now if FCA would spend a fraction of the money they spend on marketing on ensuring bits don't fall off their cars they might not be in the trouble they are in.

I'm sure someone will come on here and tell me how their Challly or whatever is faultless, but they sell Dodges & Jeeps here on base next to Fords and many of the people I talk to who bought one will not be buying an FCA product ever again

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
I love fast cars but for a street car I feel 800+ HP is not streetable. I would love
to drive one though and glad Dodge made this beast. Hopefully this car comes with
a 100,000 mile warranty
Well, news on the street is that it's coming with a track warranty. So you break it (in stock form) at the dragstrip and you're covered.

Does Ford offer this ? ...... Don't think they do. I think you use line-lock and bust something .... you may have an argument on your hands.

Ford can't seem to get the cooling issue right on the GT350.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
Here's what Dodge has done with this car:

1. Attempted to address the ADM issue (HELLO FORD !!!!!) by requiring a name and VIN on each crate (Dealers would be remiss to order one with some generic name and let it sit on the lot) - the crate is shipped to the owners home directly, cutting out the dealer.

2. Extending the warranty to the track

3. Provided a car that can give you 500 Hp (valet mode), 800 Hp or 840 Hp - your choice.

4. Offered a kit (for like $1.00 I think) to set the car up at the strip.

5. Offered the car with one seat or more seats, your choice - for $1.00

What else ?

So there's lots going on here. Chevy and Ford just got totally schwacked in the testicles.

Remains to be seen what Ford might offer in the coming years, but really they should be embarrassed.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

1. Attempted to address the ADM issue (HELLO FORD !!!!!) by requiring a name and VIN on each crate (Dealers would be remiss to order one with some generic name and let it sit on the lot) - the crate is shipped to the owners home directly, cutting out the dealer.

2. Extending the warranty to the track

3. Provided a car that can give you 500 Hp (valet mode), 800 Hp or 840 Hp - your choice.

What else ?

So there's lots going on here. Chevy and Ford just got totally schwacked in the testicles.

Remains to be seen what Ford might offer in the coming years, but really they should be embarrassed.
Agreed.

Wish I could afford one.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

To be fair these are probably built into the MSRP as most are going to take both for the $2 anyway even if they dont use them (more likely the seats as people paying for this are going to want the box/kit to begin with).

Embarrassed about what? We KNOW a halo car is coming, just no idea what it will be exactly yet. The GT500 was the fastest production car for how many years only all of 2 or 3 years ago....all 7 years of the model run from the 500hp up to the 662?

GM is the only one who hasnt been to the top of the mountain.

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
Next year will be a good time to get a crazy deal on a Hellcat, but who would want one? A measly 707hp is pathetic. Imagine the cringe when the Demon pulls up next to you on several times on your commute to work. (sarcasm)

Seriously, how much will this cause crazy discounts on the Hellcat? If they drop to $50k, it might push me to get one.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Next year will be a good time to get a crazy deal on a Hellcat, but who would want one? A measly 707hp is pathetic. Imagine the cringe when the Demon pulls up next to you on several times on your commute to work. (sarcasm)

Seriously, how much will this cause crazy discounts on the Hellcat? If they drop to $50k, it might push me to get one.
The Challenger is a nice looking car but its like driving a 70s or 80s boat.

Slap a simple blower on a S550 5.0 with the lighter weight of the car and you can easily match a Hellcat (get a FRRP/Roush they have a warranty and debunk the warranty argument); probably for under $50k still if you got your 5.0 at a decent price. I know mine was $38k (premium and auto so on the higher end of equipment, although at invoice pricing) out the door so even if it was $10k with dealer install you aren't taking a bath on depreciation.
Sponsored