Sponsored

Dodge Challenger Demon

tritus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat
Next year will be a good time to get a crazy deal on a Hellcat, but who would want one? A measly 707hp is pathetic. Imagine the cringe when the Demon pulls up next to you on several times on your commute to work. (sarcasm)

Seriously, how much will this cause crazy discounts on the Hellcat? If they drop to $50k, it might push me to get one.
You can find some crazy deals right now, 10-12k off msrp is possible.
Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
?
It's a dedicated drag car. Ford and chevy have already done this, they just dont have VINS or titles
Dodge has been selling Drag Pak cars just like the Cobra Jet and COPO almost since the Challenger was introduced that don't have titles or VINs too.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I thought this was pretty funny...........the night the Demon was unveiled, on another very popular Mustang forum, someone posted; Well the Demon is now out. Dodge just told GM and Ford, go get f*cked!
LMMFAO :lol: :lol:
I laughed out loud when I read that. That was pretty awesome.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
This was a real gem.....salty as shit guy who makes his money tuning and doing E85+manifold porting throwing a fit and talking shit over the Demon (presumably) because a stock Challenger has the potential to waste anything he could come up with in the 1/4 mile.

PRAY

Drives: 2016 2SS
iTrader Rating: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Except...the Demon can be registered, is streetable from the factory, is street legal from the factory, has a full warranty, and runs 9s which is faster than any production vehicle ever. Meaning, no other production vehicle has those stats and can make every one of those claims like the Demon can. You might have a 9 sec DD car, but I bet it isn't warrantied and will not pass a legitimate inspection. And I'm not taking anything away from you. If you do have a fast car then I commend you. But you can't take anything away from the Demon.
First off let me start by saying thanks for running my ported IM on Nadia. Now, back to your post.

I wasn't taking anything away from the Demon. I was calling it what it is. Either a slow factory race car, or a single purpose factory street car that won't come anywhere near those claimed times in street trim. I will bet you dollars to donuts that no one will go 9's in that car on street radials on pump gas. Not drag radials. Put all the seats in it, put regular gas in it and normal tires. It becomes another useless overpowered Dodge that will get outrun on the street by a stock Camaro in a drag race. That was my point. There are guys on the forum right now that are running similar mph with a blower and a couple boltons.

I am not sure what you mean about passing inspection. There are a ton of high HP cars that pass California SMOG. I just have to fool OBD II Where I am. Every build I have ever done has been a liscenced, tagged, inspection passing DD.

It is cool that the Demon has a warrantee but at the price what does it get you and what are the limitations of it. Put race gas, tires and strip it's contenders as it is and I am sure there are some production cars out there that will clip that car.

Like I stated above, put AWD in it and make it a nice car that handles as well and I will save every penny I have to get one.
I didn't mean to get anyone's anger aroused over this car. I was just looking through the hype to the facts.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
This was a real gem.....salty as shit guy who makes his money tuning and doing E85+manifold porting throwing a fit and talking shit over the Demon (presumably) because a stock Challenger has the potential to waste anything he could come up with in the 1/4 mile.
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :D
The butthurt is real.

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The Demon is bad ass and Dodges marketing program was just as bad ass.

Ford WILL NOT pursue the Demon in many of its acceleration metrics, maybe get close to the Red Key/Pump Gas but no way they make a HALO Strip car. Maybe a Mach 1 GT Package...

Ford has a few advantages, MSRP, weight and drivetrain technologies. As of 2013-'14, the GT500 looked to be headed towards an IMSA GT car, called Project Silver. It would have required a large MSRP.

The ZL1 has nothing for the Hellcat and, the GT350R may very well beat it at the track... could be the absolute worst month in Camaro history.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
It's a great time to be a car enthusiast! I've been hearing for about a year from someone inside Ford that the upcoming GT500 will be 850+ hp. Demon vs GT500 is going to be insane!
If they want over 808hp, they will need a 5.5 liter Coyote w/ PDI.

Not dismissing the possibility that they found more power between 808 and 850, but, this late in R&D would suggest not.

The drivetrain has been in development since 2014-ish and was being built for IMSA. Possibly at the maximum 5.5 liters and definitely NOT Supercharged.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Man,......this engine is beast!! :thumbsup:

[ame]

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Damn near 750 foot lbs of torque at 3,500 RPM...

I didn't know it was secretly a Cummins.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis

Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
You'd be stopping at every gas station on every corner:lol:
Not just that but he'll need to carry racing fuel wherever he goes :)

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
My dealer just gave me first allocation to a demon at msrp. I'd be among the first to get one. I'm passing on it for the GT500, which will be close with on the street dragging, better in comfort, looks and cornering performance. If it was a built in wide body i would have probably pulled the trigger...just to try it out.
Sponsored