Sponsored

Do you have audio questions?

JayTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Help! Was having issues with engine noise so i replaced my ground wire, but then my set screw went out on my amp. Got a new amp and now I get the code

P068A ECM/PCM ECM Power Relay Load Circuit: De-Energized Performance Too Early

And the car won't start. voltage read 11.6. Disconnected the amp and the car starts.

Went to auto zone and battery and alternator tested good. I never had this issue with my old amp and it would still work just the set screw on the ground went bad.

Is the new amp bad or is my battery on the verge of going out?
Sponsored

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
Sounds like a short somewhere. Where did you ground your amp? May be a short in your amp, though normally that'd cause the fuses to pop.

Last edited:

JayTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Sounds like a short somewhere. Where did you ground your amp? May be a short in your amp, though normally that'd cause the fuses to pop.
If I disconnect the battery and reconnect the car starts and runs but if it sits I get the issue. i did a test with my old amp and left it and was able to start with no issues, and right now I'm running the factory amp with no problems.

I think the amp I got is faulty.

OP
OP

SQ_S550

rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Sorry guys I haven't been around in a few weeks, Going through a divorce and I've been moving/I think I'm settled for the most part so you should see me hop in on some discussions now.

OP
OP

SQ_S550

rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Help! Was having issues with engine noise so i replaced my ground wire, but then my set screw went out on my amp. Got a new amp and now I get the code

P068A ECM/PCM ECM Power Relay Load Circuit: De-Energized Performance Too Early

And the car won't start. voltage read 11.6. Disconnected the amp and the car starts.

Went to auto zone and battery and alternator tested good. I never had this issue with my old amp and it would still work just the set screw on the ground went bad.

Is the new amp bad or is my battery on the verge of going out?
What factory system do you have?
How is your amp wired?
Where did you pull your +12, and remote from?
Where is it grounded?
Is this for a sub amp or for your fronts and rears?
If for fronts and rears how are the speakers wired? did you use factory wiring?

Sponsored

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
If I disconnect the battery and reconnect the car starts and runs but if it sits I get the issue. i did a test with my old amp and left it and was able to start with no issues, and right now I'm running the factory amp with no problems.

I think the amp I got is faulty.
Are you saying that if you have the new amp connected the car will now start be eventually throws the ECM code but with the old amp connected you don't have issues?

If thats the case, I would agree that the new amp might be bad...

Mid_life_crisis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium
Question: What happens if you disconnect all the "feedback" wires from the amplifier on a premium system ( no sub)? Does everything still work minus the engine noise, etc or will the factory amp refuse to work?

JayTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Are you saying that if you have the new amp connected the car will now start be eventually throws the ECM code but with the old amp connected you don't have issues?

If thats the case, I would agree that the new amp might be bad...
If left connected and left parked for 30 minutes the car wouldn't start. In power run active mode I checked the battery voltage and it was at 11.3v. I redid the remote wire connection and could see the power light on the amp turn on and off and was still having issues. Talking with a friend and we figured the new amp was faulty and was drawing power even when off.

I've returned the amp and a new one should be coming tomorrow.

What factory system do you have?
How is your amp wired?
Where did you pull your +12, and remote from?
Where is it grounded?
Is this for a sub amp or for your fronts and rears?
If for fronts and rears how are the speakers wired? did you use factory wiring?
i bought molex connectors and pullled signals that way. +12v is directly from the battery ran on passenger side and the remote is from a harness in the trunk.
Right now I have it grounded to the rear seat bolt and the amp is powering the front and rear speakers. fronts are ran through the factory harness minus the tweeter and the rear speakers are wired directly to the amp.

I ran this setup for about a year and a half with my other amp and never had an issue except for engine noise which is what I was chasing when I was changing things and broke the ground set screw on my amp. I figured I could get the amp fixed and used the 600x4 to power some subs later and the new amp to power the front and rear speakers.

hopefully the new amp that comes in tomorrow wont have any issues.

OP
OP

SQ_S550

rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
fronts are ran through the factory harness minus the tweeter and the rear speakers are wired directly to the amp.
What harness did you tie in the front speakers? Do you have a factory amp?

tal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leschuck.com
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
Base stereo

I have the base 6-speaker stereo and would like to upgrade the 4 6.75 speakers.

I think the base speakers are all 2 Ohm.

For best replacements that are like the base speakers, would the JBL GX602 6-1/2-Inch speakers with an impedance of 2.3 Ohms be the best fit?

Sponsored

JayTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
So I don't know what to do. I got the new amp and just plugged in the power, ground, and remote and was able to start the engine after an hour parked and then two hours parked. I then went ahead and started making all the other connections and tuned the amp. Came back an hour later and it wouldn't start.

I changed the ground wire and wait and it still wouldn't start.

Any advice? I'm about to give up.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So I don't know what to do. I got the new amp and just plugged in the power, ground, and remote and was able to start the engine after an hour parked and then two hours parked. I then went ahead and started making all the other connections and tuned the amp. Came back an hour later and it wouldn't start.

I changed the ground wire and wait and it still wouldn't start.

Any advice? I'm about to give up.
are you connected directly to the battery? or to the distribution box? I read some where that connecting to the distribution box causes no start issues on these cars......

JayTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
are you connected directly to the battery? or to the distribution box? I read some where that connecting to the distribution box causes no start issues on these cars......
I'm connected to a distribution box right now. Why would that be if it worked on my other amp?

I guess I could try switching out the power cable from the distribution box and if that doesn't work pick up a 0awg to 4awg reducer to plug it straight into the amp.

OP
OP

SQ_S550

rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Also try disconnecting the front speakers, there's a chance the power could be back feeding into the factory amp if it is still plugged in.
Sponsored