Sponsored

Do you create problems if use wheel spacers?

OP
OP
rocsteady

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
What is the factory torque spec for the axle nuts themselves; realized I didn’t even check them before I put on the jam nuts.
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
What is the factory torque spec for the axle nuts themselves; realized I didn’t even check them before I put on the jam nuts.
There's a thread on here with all the torque specs for suspension. I thought it was an easy find but it may require some sifting

GrayS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
There’s a lot of people that go back and forth between slip on vs bolt on. I have bolt on 25mm spacers. Been driving the car for over a year with them on and no problems. I push the car pretty hard too and no issues yet.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
There’s a lot of people that go back and forth between slip on vs bolt on. I have bolt on 25mm spacers. Been driving the car for over a year with them on and no problems. I push the car pretty hard too and no issues yet.
Logic and simple physics will dictate that with twice a many potential failure points, and the fact that the bolt on spacer is stressed in 2 directions, the wheel pull on it and the spacer pull on the hub, bolt on spacers are inherently weaker than bolt through

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
There's not a lot of people that go back and forth with this stuff when driving on track. We all use slip on spacers.

Please define "pretty hard". If it's to scare the parking lot crowd with a burnout and drive 90 in a 60 zone, perhaps bolt on spacers would be fine.

OP
OP
rocsteady

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Installed the Optimum Performance extended studs and spacers today in hopes that my track tires/wheels will be mounted up soon so I can give em a try before first track day of the year. Many thanks for all the info you guys shared. One example, I would have never thought about open ended lug nuts until it was staring me in the face with the regular ones bottoming out an inch before getting to the wheel.
20240329_142627.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: