Sponsored

Do you avoid or embrace car shows?

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I go to Carlisle every year. Used to have my Focus ST on the showfield, just for easy parking and tailgating, lol

This year my Bullitt will be out there.

It's a nice weekend of car talk overload, lmao!

I have been going since 2015, and Its a tradition at this point.

This year's show is fast approaching!!!
I miss living near Carlisle. I decided to buy a Mach 1 the first year they showed it there. I used to live in Boiling Springs...almost retired there but Huntsville had a better job market. Those Carlisle shows are awesome...especially when the parades were going. Hope those are back now.
Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I do a couple a year with a local Mustang group and one at a specific Mustang shop that always has people bringing out the real awesome Mustangs. It's easy to spend 3-4 hours at a show talking to other people about their Mustang hobby and life.

The shows I go to tend to be open to the public but not widely known, and the people coming have been respectful of my car and very cool.

I would not just enter any random town show, too scared of random kids and the like. But at these local group shows I feel very safe and have a lot of fun.

And my car isn't anything special to show, but people always like it and give compliments anyway! I am often the only Velocity Blue, which is fun.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
I like going to Cars and Coffee type shows. Thereā€™s a few in my area that are weekly or bi-weekly. Iā€˜m lucky if I hit 6 a year.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
If my M1 HP ever gets built and delivered I plan on visiting this show. It's a good time Saturday eve event.
Good burgers, too! I brought my Porsche there several times. I was surprised at how much attention it got!

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
We close the 3 blocks of Main st. every Thurs. eve during summer and it's a blast.
Lots of rods, 50's -70's stockers, T's, 'stangs and 'vettes. Always something different.
Eat at the KofC outdoor grille and stroll around with a drink. Always a band. Very informal.
I'll bring mine out if it's threatening rain and attendance is down, LOL.

IMG_7774.jpg

IMG_7766.jpg

Sponsored

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
I went to my first show last year that our local Mustang club hosted. They do a few shows throughout the year. In general, if you look, from May to October you can find at least one or two show every weekend on Long Island. Will be going to one next weekend.

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
I've starting going to car shows that cater to classics and where the age demographic averages 40 years old.

Where I'm from (Twin Cities), the 300 Credit Score, 25% Interest Rate Dodge crowd is starting to f*ck things up...again.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I have only put my car on display at car show twice.

A few years back, I went to a all-welcome car show in a nearby small country town.

Contrary to what people may think going by the amount of pics I post of my cars, I'm actually very self conscious about putting myself out there in person. I entered that gate, donated a few dollars for entry which was supporting the local car club and then parked the Mustang on display. This was in early 2017, so the Mustang was new and relatively new to Australia at the time.

DSC-0290.jpg

Wandering around, and circling back to walk along and have a look at the cars I parked next to, I hear two guys saying "fancy bringing a brand new Mustang here................."

Now, I love all cars, I love the connections people make with their cars, old or new. I can appreciate the enjoyment any given person gets from their chosen car. Be that a classic, a vintage, a resto-mod or in my case, newer generation cars. So to slag someone else's passion and pride in their car is just a very poor attitude. I promptly left in disgust.

I also remember attending a Ford dealer show and shine with a mate. He had a couple of cars on display, loaned to the dealer for that day. One of those was a end of the line Falcon GT-F performance sedan. We were standing back listening to a group of guys walking around the car, which was not far off being brand new, picking at the thing and pointing to things like a stone chip or a couple of factory defects/quirks. To say my mate was unimpressed would be understating it. I remember him saying "this is why I'm not a car club guy, too much bitching and moaning about trivial things rather than enjoying a common interest." And I agreed.

Have not bothered to attend any others since these encounters............I don't feel I'm missing out on something either.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
attended both kinds. depends what your going for, but expect the "talk" either way.
its part of the atmosphere....i attended shows years ago and one guy who was there seemed to always make a comment about my car (we attended different shows in our area) at every show....
i dont talk to him or look at his car, not that i am jealous or upset but people like that i dont need to talk to, i have others around who are willing to talk "cars" and enjoy the moment....
he was a chronic complainer so i just walk away....

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
I'm with the group that doesn't enjoy sitting in a lawn chair all day. Also, a bit A.D.D. am I.

I do enjoy going to car shows and the occasional C&C, but I stopped showing my car at those things because the parking lots tend to be crowded, and I saw a parked car (new GTR) get hit by some poor teenager who was tooling around looking for a place to park.

Sponsored

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT
I guess it depends would be my answer. On what? I usually show my very cherry 1985 GT H.O., but it is basically stock, so for the crowd that appreciates looking at well kept originals, it generally gets lots of visits. For the crowd that is looking for the wildest custom of the same vehicle, it rarely garners any looks at all.

I'm actually taking it to it's first MCA Nationals this summer in Buffalo, with real judges, so I'm anticipating well placed advice on what I have to do to get it to award winning status, instead of just trying to win a popularity contest.

If it's a club cruise event, I go just to be with friends and have a good time enjoying our cars as well as others without any expectations.

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I mostly just attend car shows whether I bring my S550, '03 Cobra or DD. Its much easier to come/look/talk/go rather than be there the entire day or have to stay by your car the whole time. Not interested in trophies either.

Cars-and-Coffee and cruises with the local clubs are what I have the most fun at.

MrRogers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Defender, F-TYPE
I prefer cars and coffee events. A little more low key type of vibe and being part of a group that hosts them generally just turns into funny conversations and tangents.

Phoneman1223

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I go to every show and any type of show I can. Our car club has become a brand and sell all kinds of swag. Itā€™s become almost a lifestyle at this point.

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
0F63B067-34C1-4ECD-885A-E144D3781174.jpeg

This is last Thursday at local get together. For me itā€™s more about meeting with long time friends with LOTS of laughs. Iā€˜m 73 and some of the guys I meet with Iā€™ve known since high school. Everyone one of us is more than willing to help each other out no matter whatā€˜s needed. True car fantastics with a good sense of humor! Not about trophies or who is faster (thatā€™s always a wise cracking subject) or getting an award. Guys who own multiple type manufactured cars making fun of each other with no hostility, all meant in good spirits. In our younger years we all raced and beat the crap out of our cars. A few had serious race cars. Blown engines, transmissions, rear ends and did figure eights while smoking the tires. Been there done that. Now itā€™s about enjoying our friendships with our cars. Some weekends we go for a long rides together.
Some weekends weā€™re together helping each other with a project of some sort. Itā€™s always a better day after meeting with these guys.
Sponsored

Last edited: