Sponsored

Do the Reviews Disappoint or Excite you?

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Well, we have a nice collection of Reviews (PREviews) and a better idea of what the mustang is and isn't.

Are you Excited or disappointed?

Does this make you more or less likely to buy the new Mustang?

Is anyone completely turned off?

For me, I don't track my car. I love taking an on ramp at higher than suggested speeds. I enjoy making an aggressively quick pass on a back road. I love the sound of a V8 (exhaust sounds like a MUST). Spirited but sane street driving is where I find my car joy. So.....

I am disappointed in the 1/4 mile time. It seems like 13.0 is the norm. The M3 is turning very low to mid 12's with similar HP. Even if I'm not going to race, it's always nice to know, "Mine is BIGGER."

I am very excited over the nicer interior. I enjoy feeling pampered.

I look forward to the improved 8/10ths handling. No doubt I don't have the skills to go to 10/10ths.

It's pretty much been my plan all along to wait for the gt350 and I suspect it's going to be the shiznit for me. With a car like that, I might even go to a track and take some lessons. Who knows I may find the skills to go 8.5/10ths.
Sponsored

petraman

Now with more MPGs!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf
It's been like waves for me... I think, overall, I'm pretty positive about the EB after the TG review.

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
Pretty positive. Ford maturely evolved the car and has given us a better platform to move forward with. Then just haven't offered the model in looking for I guess, but they have delivered a great car.

airjonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ecoboost
The looks excite me. But as more info has been released, I've been slightly disappointed. Fortunately, I'm still in school so I won't be in the market for one for another year or so. That will give me time to see the competition.

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Pretty positive. Ford maturely evolved the car and has given us a better platform to move forward with. Then just haven't offered the model in looking for I guess, but they have delivered a great car.
This. Im happy with my 13 and Im sure 15 owners will be happy with their's. I want to see how the pp vs 1le plays out however.

Sponsored

FATTBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302
The reviews about ride and handling are great news. Performance numbers have been lackluster to say the least. Hopefully in the coming days someone will do a real test of the car vs the competition.

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
Ambivalent would be the word I would use.

There are some definite positives and improvements, but some concerning elements as well. The performance times for the Ecoboost were not impressive at all (at least to me).

I came out of these reviews thinking the GT would be the clear way to go for me, despite the higher cost.

For me, I think it's GT or bust. And I may wait a couple years for a refresh and to see what Chevy does with the 6th gen Camaro.

Swamp Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Liberty
The Motor Trend piece would mean a lot more to me if they spent more time comparing the S550 GT to the S197 GT instead of the S197 Boss 302. I recognize that Ford had touted the 2015 GT PP's lap times against the 2013 302 but the 2015 GT isn't a replacement for the 2013 Boss 302. It's a replacement for the 2014 GT. Whenever the GT350 is launched I'd be happy to read MT's comparison of that to the 2013 Boss 302.

jimmythepage666

zoom zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sean
Vehicle(s)
Subaru wrx
These cars obviously need more power to be competitive, early adopters of the s550 will be disappointed when an update is released within a year. I think 40 horsepower would have helped each model enough. That could have been a mid 13 for the eco, and a low-mid 12 for the gt, not to mention faster lap times for each. I knew it would be like this as soon as the horsepower numbers were released a while back. I also expected more in the handling department, but without the power the 2015 cars will be obsolete soon anyways. I purchased a 2015 wrx as soon as I learned of the horsepower shortcomings, as I needed a new car and figured the s550 wasn't worth the wait. I'm a huge ford and mustang fan and I have lurked this forum everyday even after purchasing my wrx.

The last holdout is that gt350, fingers crossed for 600hp, and z28 dominating performance. Don't let me down ford.

mustang#16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I enjoyed the reviews. Low: MT seemed to be a bit off their game. High: Top Gear's review surprised me somewhat at how relatively positive they were about the new Mustang. Of course, these are just first drives, not full-fledged road tests so my expectation for info-packed journalism was low.

I'm buying my 2015 Mustang GT because: 1) Love the new styling, 2) really like the interior refinements and materials and, 3) looking forward to the new and better suspension and handling. I had a 2013 Mustang GT/CS and that car was more than fast enough for me. I wasn't looking for an even faster car. I don't track my car so faster straight-line performance was not high on my requirements list. If someone does track their car, there are plenty of aftermarket solutions for that ....

My car has been on order since 5/20. Now, if Ford would just assign a damn VIN # to my order and give me an idea of when it will be built, I'd be happy.

Sponsored

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Well, I'm back on the fence. Ford was bragging about how this car was virtually better in every way, based on the reviews I've read I'd say mustang is in trouble, I don't visit the Camaro boards but I bet they'll have a field day at the Mustangs expense.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I am going to soon give a review of the reviews :) In general, it's not the "slam dunk" but it's not "death knell" vibe. I generally take the car magazine reviews with a grain of salt, as excited or disappointed as I might get based on the writing style.

My use case is daily driver, with spirited street driving, and maybe an occasional autocross or high performance driving event. I am not practiced enough these days to get to the edge. I certainly would not do that on the street.

There are some telling remarks about the handling dynamics that will require some more exploration for me. "Back not communicating with the front"...this sort of sounds like the previous remarks about the rear end outperforming the front end before the front suspension was re-designed. It does cause me to think the aftermarket will be alive and well to customize to someone's heart's content.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
All the reviews are meh~ to me. :shrug:
I will wait until I can make a test drive to make my own opinions.
no too much longer until these cars are at the dealers.

Brian@Vossen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang with a V8
At first when I read the Motor Trend review I felt a little disappointed when they pointed out the track specs. After, when they spoke about normal driving scenarios, my hope was brought back to life. All of the reviews had nothing but praise to how it handled with the new IRS, how well the interior was made, and how the engined still roared through the rev range how a Mustang should. These reviews now have me more anxious for it to finally hit the streets.

essque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The coyote 5.0 is already ridiculously powerful and mod friendly. What I gathered most from the reviews is how much the ride quality and interior have improved which is precisely what I need in the '15. After daily driving on k-springs in a base 5.0 for the past few years on michigan roads, I could use the comfort lol.
Sponsored