Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
seriously this whole flat earth theory bs is almost as bad as the "is this dress blue or gold"

we should just call the guy who has been at the ISS for almost a year and ask him if it's round or any of the astronauts that have seen the damn thing rotate.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
They even make a point to mention how a spherical earth is impossible because that would mean that people in Australia are upside down, and people in France would be sideways.
Well...the French are kind of sideways. And having been to Australia and New Zealand I did fell pretty rough, as if all the blood was rushing to my head.

But then again, I did have quite a few hangovers from their wonderful beer...so more study is required lol.

Firepath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Nothing special yet
I'm pretty sure the horizon can prove the earth is not flat.

1 - Note the horizon and your surroundings.

2 - Move toward horizon.

3 - Note that new objects previously obscured by the curve of the earth are now visible. Note that partially obscured objects are now more visible (lower parts). Note that previously visible objects now appear bigger. Note that objects that were beside you are now behind you. Note that objects on the horizon behind you are now either partially or fully obscured.

4 - Continue the above steps 2 and 3 until you come "full circle" and see the first horizon and surroundings again.

Of course this then relies on maths, which, if you don't trust that Earth is not flat, you likely do not believe maths to be correct either. Maths is built from logic, so it would be reasonable (logical I guess, so maybe not in the case of the counter-argument...) that you would also not trust logic, the foundation of maths.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I have always wondered why we do not have any Probe in space which sends us continuous live feed of the earth, so we can watch and see the rotation of earth in real time. I am also curious why there is no live feed being sent for us from a moon-mounted camera station.
Uhh. Dish Network had (maybe still does) have a channel that is just a camera on one of their satellites aimed at the Earth.

Here's a recording I made in October of 2009 showing the moon passing behind the Earth. It's a geostationary satellite but the rotation was always obvious from the way the dark side of the Earth moves across it. And the Moon and sun and their motion were often clearly visible.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3kl7f2

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
Don't even bother feeding this thread. :dnftt:

The only thing he needs is a psychiatrist. Seriously, if he believes this crap on the internet then what else does he believe? Should be monitored as a potential threat to himself and others.

F this guy bashing folks intelligence. I'll be damned to listen anymore of his nonsense.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I'm beginning to wonder...is he serious

...or is this the best troll thread to date? Lol

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I need some drugs after reading all this, like black tar heroin or something.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
WTF did I just walk into? I'm out....

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
hurricanes always spin counter clockwise in the northern hemisphere and clockwise in the southern. Were the earth a flat disc they would all spin in one direction regardless of where they were.

Just to add, as someone who was in a plane high enough to see the curvature of the Earth I am well satisfied that it is indeed a sphereroid
/thread

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
hurricanes always spin counter clockwise in the northern hemisphere and clockwise in the southern. Were the earth a flat disc they would all spin in one direction regardless of where they were.

Just to add, as someone who was in a plane high enough to see the curvature of the Earth I am well satisfied that it is indeed a sphereroid
/thread

Toilets also flush opposite directions in different hemispheres
Sponsored