Sponsored

Do not panic. Do not close this thread

yellowragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 mustang conv
This thread can remain open so long as people ONLY TYPE civilized and polite comments. ONLY open minded people should write any kind of response here.

I am seeing a cultural conflict headed over the horizon and I suspect this issue will be huge by the middle of 2016.

There exists a genuine movement which does reveal countless amounts of coincidences that lend to the belief that the "surface" that we humans live upon is not shaped as what is described in the current textbooks.

There exists an earth map which was created by sailors, called the 1892 Gleason's world map, and many different sailors have circumnavigated Antarctica, and they have computed that the distance to travel around it measures between 60,000 miles and 70,000 miles, and it took them 4 years to travel the circumference. If for any reason this data is remotely accurate then this info is in genuine conflict with what is being taught today in any textbooks. Please examine this map carefully at this link before making comments on this thread: http://maps.bpl.org/zoomify?baseUrl=http://maps.bpl.org/&viewer=modern&id=06_01_008377

If you view this map at that link using a desktop computer, the webpage has buttons which allow the viewer to zoom in a lot to examine this map. Somehow this map became "irrelevant" and inaccurate. And perhaps some things on this map are wrong. But I am still curious how the map-maker concluded that Antarctica is a continent on the outside perimeter of this map. To me, this map looks valuable and interesting.

For some reason, the UN symbol has a sketch that shows all of our nations, and they have a symbol that is depicting the land masses by showing them exactly like the continents shown on the Gleason's map.

There is other evidence out there, such that when you look up plane routes which airlines use to travel from one continent to the next, and they are going from the southern tips of these continents (cities located in the southern hemisphere)...it can be noted that the flights are not traveling at all in a straight line from one city to the other one. Instead, the flight path goes in a very unusual direction such that it looks like the flight just added an extra 10,000 miles of distance which does not look needed at all if you observe the two cities on a physical globe, like a globe you see in a classroom. (check this yourself and use cities such as Santiago Chile, or Perth, Australia.)

This issue is going to become more and more pronounced in the coming years. I am educated and I am very open minded to be presented with actual facts and measurements and information that looks either curious looking and/or credible looking, and I simply am looking for what seems truthful and accurate.

I have always wondered why we do not have any Probe in space which sends us continuous live feed of the earth, so we can watch and see the rotation of earth in real time. I am also curious why there is no live feed being sent for us from a moon-mounted camera station.

When we see movies with space walks, they do not typically spin the camera a full 360 degrees, or they do not put a go-pro camera next to an astronaut's helmet so we can see everything he sees when he looks in any direction.

This Information is obviously controversial but it does not need to be if the people who discuss it are open-minded and make an effort NOT TO inject any kind of ANGER or EMOTION or judgmental statements about this.

The issue is to uncover facts and actual truths. The issue is not to point fingers at each other and call each other names.

The flat earth movement seems to have a gigantic amount of material that to me looks very plausible such that when someone tries to "debunk" some of the data, you end up debunking it only with info that you "assume" is true because that is what you were told your whole life. This flat earth situation is huge.

It is such a big story that I feel certain this website is going to close this thread before anyone can make one single comment about it.

But if you read all of this, thanks for reading this statement.

Peace to all mankind no matter what the shape is of this "place" we live at. :cool: (And also Peace No matter what shape that we were "told" that it is by others who act as our caretakers).

Edit: I am not looking for anyone's approval on this website by anything I typed so if you type something insulting, you are only suggesting you cannot add anything constructive here.

Notice carefully how the person below me made an attempt to steer this topic off course rather than say something logical or helpful.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So... are you saying the earth is flat? BTW, look up Hollow Earth Theory

Sponsored

OP
OP

yellowragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 mustang conv
I am saying if you have to sail 60,000 miles to go all the way around the coast of Antarctica, then this measurement does not make sense, because Google says the circumference of earth is 24,900 miles.

Jewishthunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Magnetic GTPP
I am saying if you have to sail 60,000 miles to go all the way around the coast of Antarctica, then this measurement does not make sense, because Google says the circumference of earth is 24,900 miles.
That's your argument?

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Quick google search says the coastline circumference of Antarctica is 11,000 miles

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
60,000 miles? Where are you getting these numbers? You inflated the coastline by almost 600%...

Sponsored
OP
OP

yellowragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 mustang conv
No that is not my only argument about the 60,000 miles. Let me look at the ISS videos from the ustreamtv website. Someone already made a video on youtube where they point out 200 reasons why they believe the world is flat, and you can look up that video if you want. I am only referencing a few bits of information that I know about.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
As a flyer in the Air Force for more than a decade the reason airplanes do not follow a straight line is because of "great circle navigation". The shortest distance between two points on a sphere is not a straight line, but a curved one. Take a large sphere, like an exercise ball or other large ball. Then mark two points on it and use a string to measure the straight line distance. Now, arc the string...the distance becomes shorter.

Education is more important than conspiracy "theories".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great-circle_navigation

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
No that is not my only argument about the 60,000 miles. Let me look at the ISS videos from the ustreamtv website. Someone already made a video on youtube where they point out 200 reasons why they believe the world is flat, and you can look up that video if you want.
You don't have arguments, you have horribly inaccurate "facts".

As for a YouTube video... Really dude? Really?

This is one epic troll thread.

OP
OP

yellowragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 mustang conv
Daltron you are not the thought police and you sound very emotional and angry. And no one here is looking for approval from you. Right now, you seem to act like the person who made his own youtube video telling his 200 reasons for his beliefs, needed to first check with you for authorization to discuss his thoughts. It is strange that you feel that your thoughts are above everyone else right now.

Qwkynuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
So... Earth is being as presented as spherical as part of a global conspiracy to.... what?

Is Earth the only planet which isn't spherical? Why is that? And how can it be?
Sponsored