Sponsored

Do Not Buy A Used car!!!!!

SmileForTheRearView

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Crazy. I called the collector insurance company that I have my 19 Mustang GT insured thru. They look up the current value and said it was 48.5k. On a two year old car with 3000 miles. The window sticker when it was new was 46.7. Now is a good time to sell. Last year was a good time to buy during the first few months of the covid shutdown.
Exactly why I jumped on the deal for mine last year in July. Now itā€™s worth more but Iā€™m not trying to sell it
Sponsored

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
One of my biggest regrets was selling my first house. We paid $69k in an older part of Nashville in 1994. We sold it for $120k in 2001 and thought we were doing well. Now that same house (built in 1929) with no real upgrades done is worth over $460k. That's what happens when an old neighborhood starts to become gentrified.

1260 McAlpine Ave, Nashville, TN 37216 | Zillow

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
One of my biggest regrets was selling my first house. We paid $69k in an older part of Nashville in 1994. We sold it for $120k in 2001 and thought we were doing well. Now that same house (built in 1929) with no real upgrades done is worth over $460k. That's what happens when an old neighborhood starts to become gentrified.

1260 McAlpine Ave, Nashville, TN 37216 | Zillow
Hello; Makes me think of the collection of silver coins I had back in the 1960's. just dimes, quarters and half dollars but they had silver in them.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
9 room cape, 1 car garage 1.7 acre with a seperate deeded lot 1.5 acre
So much cheaper than mine in comparison. That would be over $20K here.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Hello; Makes me think of the collection of silver coins I had back in the 1960's. just dimes, quarters and half dollars but they had silver in them.
Back in 1980, I lived in Nothern Indiana. I would take the train to Chicago and buy as much silver coins as I could for 7 times face value, and sell in IN for 23 times face value. Not a bad gig for for a 14 year old that summer. Made lots of money buying from several people!

REVTMOLO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
This just shows how much higher prices are right now. I bought my premium 2016 shadow black California special last May with 2,500 miles on it for 33k. That was with the Roush Phase 2 blower, Borla exhaust and new wheels/tires. I've already had offers to buy it for a lot more than I paid.
Nice man. Congrats on a killer car!

uptoolayte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zeb
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I just bought a used 19 GT, PP1, 301A, Active Exhaust, Safety package with 11k miles for 8k under MSRP. My local dealers are selling used gts with less options and 30k miles for 5k OVER msrp. There are decent deals still out there but sometimes you have to drive 3 hours to get them lol.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I just bought a used 19 GT, PP1, 301A, Active Exhaust, Safety package with 11k miles for 8k under MSRP. My local dealers are selling used gts with less options and 30k miles for 5k OVER msrp. There are decent deals still out there but sometimes you have to drive 3 hours to get them lol.
Yup.
I just bought, but having taken delivery of, yet.
A new 2020 2.3t HHP with HHp engine package,201a, HHP handling package, safe and smart package, ex anti theft package, upgraded stereo with single c/d player.
For about 5k under MSRP.
Dealers still will deal if you show up in person and don't NEED the car, and are not jumping up and down like a 10y/o at christmas. Every market area is different. I bought on the 2nd to last day of the month, a Friday.
If the sticker on the vehicles glass was to be believed the dealers market adjustment sticker pushed the price if the sticker to 49.9k, I paid 40434.44 . factory msrp was 46.9k+dealer market adjustment making it 49.9k .
What they put on the car and what the car sells for depends on the person buying and willing to walk away.

Sponsored

uptoolayte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zeb
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yup.
I just bought, but having taken delivery of, yet.
A new 2020 2.3t HHP with HHp engine package,201a, HHP handling package, safe and smart package, ex anti theft package, upgraded stereo with single c/d player.
For about 5k under MSRP.
Dealers still will deal if you show up in person and don't NEED the car, and are not jumping up and down like a 10y/o at christmas. Every market area is different. I bought on the 2nd to last day of the month, a Friday.
If the sticker on the vehicles glass was to be believed the dealers market adjustment sticker pushed the price if the sticker to 49.9k, I paid 40434.44 . factory msrp was 46.9k+dealer market adjustment making it 49.9k .
What they put on the car and what the car sells for depends on the person buying and willing to walk away.
Nice what color? I bet it looks sick!

klink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS, 2016 Dodge Challenger SRT
Vroom bought my car for almost $42k and now they've reduced the price to $39,499. That car has the Ford calibration kit, Koni Yellow shocks, BMR handling springs, and a Barton shifter. Someone will get a nice car.

https://www.vroom.com/inventory/1FA6P8CF3K5141841
Prices are already coming down. Vroom, CarMax and others offers are substantially less right now than they were even a month ago.

uptoolayte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zeb
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Prices are already coming down. Vroom, CarMax and others offers are substantially less right now than they were even a month ago.
Yeah just not dealerships, at least around here. I can't bring myself to buy a car sight unseen/undriven.

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
Just wanted to share my story. I decided to sell my 19 GT Performance Pack 2 to start saving for my retirement, pay off some debt , etc. I planned to sell to Carmax and last weekend I put her back to stock. I stripped everything off but the air intake. Long and short I went to local Carmax and they offered 40K even. I thought that was fair and went home to switch out floor mats and personal items. I decided to check Vroom website just to see if they would offer more and they did, about $2500 more. Iā€™m not thrilled about the 2 or 3 days for Vroom pickup process but $2500 more dollars seems doable. I am in no rush to sell but you have to ā€œstrike while the iron is hot,ā€ :handshake:

I am thinking of getting another truck next year but no rush to get something new. Also I got lots of used Mustang GT parts in the member classified. Check me out!
Sponsored