Sponsored

Do all S550 have the same rear calipers?

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I am looking for a replacement rear caliper for my non performance pack GT and it was my understanding all the rear calipers were the same between GT, EcoBoost, and Perf Pack. Am I correct? I see a listing for a caliper from an EcoBoost on Ebay but want to make sure it is the same. Visually they look the same, but who knows.
Sponsored

Last edited:

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, they’re all the same.

some of the rubber bits are a little better on the newer models, but thats about it.

OP
OP

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Cool, thanks for the confirmation

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
No, stop, they are not all the same.
The base EB has a solid rear rotor and the caliper, although it looks identical, is narrower and will not fit over the vented rear rotors found on the EBPP and GTs. The brake pads may or may not fit both calipers, but if you've found a different part number for the base EB it's quite possible that it's a different part.
I ran into this when I upgraded the brakes on my EB. I bought all 4 calipers, rotors, pads and dust shields, then someone told me the calipers were all the same. I thought I'd just wasted the cash on a pair of rears I didn't need. Install day came and since I'd planned to paint the calipers I decided to do the rear rotors first so I could pull the calipers, paint all 4 and reinstall the rears over the vented rotors. Don't ask what made me test fit it all, but I'm glad I did, the rear EB calipers do NOT fit the vented rotors. With them all sitting on the table, they all look identical, but looks are deceiving in this case.

Edit, if it helps, I installed '17 take-offs on my '19. I guess it's possible that other years did use the same part, I can't fathom why it would have changed (why engineer a new part if you already have something that works?), but it's possible.
Sponsored

Last edited: