Rear Brake Calipers for the S550

OP
OP

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
I know Willwood makes a kit as well... Ideally, I'd like to use the GT350 caliper for the rear if possible, but I am unsure how the e-brakes work with the 4-piston setup.

I can't find any rear shots for the GT350 caliper anywhere - I've PM'ed some GT350 owners who had work done.
Sponsored

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
The GT350 rear set up will bolt on, it uses a drum brake parking brake. You can order all the parts from Ford for about $1500-1600 List. The parking brake cables will need to be changed due to the pick up point. Red 'R' calipers are about $100 more than the black calipers.

Anyone wants to dive in, message me and We will give you a deal on the first kit. We even have real track worthy pads for them :)

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Is it me, or does the mustang have very limited options in terms of rear brake calipers?

The 6-pot front brake rotors, calipers, and pads can be had for $1300 which is pretty good considering the "race" brakes are $4900+

But there doesn't seem to be anything reasonable for the rear brake calipers. From factory, they look a little weak.

I know the rear brakes have less stress on than compared to the front brakes. It's too bad the GT350R brakes aren't a bolt-on option as the 350's knuckles are different. - No they are the same

Any suggestions, other than coughing up $5000 for race brakes? - Street Big Brake kits are $5000. Race Brakes are $6000-8000
Where do you want them shipped to :thumbsup:
Sponsored