NSXman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 1995 NSX
Hello All,
I just purchased a 2019 Mustang GT 6-speed (pretty much a stripper with very few options) for my daily driver. I had a 2011 in the past, and I'm very impressed. The only feature i find really annoying is the "rev match" feature when down shifting. Anybody know if it can be turned off? I didn't find anything in the manual and no help from Google either. I'm new here, and Yes, I did a search, so please be kind and put away the flamethrowers.
Thanks!
Rick
Sponsored

Last edited:

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
No flame but chances are it's new for you. My suggestion is to consider keeping with it for a couple of months. If you still dont like it then look for options.

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
you can 100% disable this feature.

Its somewhere in the options menu. I saw it on a youtube video before.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If it’s not in the main dash cluster menu, I’m sure some with Forscan knowledge can post up how to turn it off via the “As Built” logic.

Congrats on the 2019!

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
If it’s not in the main dash cluster menu, I’m sure some with Forscan knowledge can post up how to turn it off via the “As Built” logic.

Congrats on the 2019!
It's in the main cluster menu. Not sure if it's first or second screen. On/Off. I kind of like it....

Sponsored

Gaglug

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
The rev matching took a little getting used to for me. At first I wasn't sure I liked it. After living with it a while I think it's a nice feature, but I can see why some people might be put off by it.

Also, congrats on your new '19!

RickBetterley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium convertible
Easy to find in the menu but of course I can’t recall each step. But looking for it will help you learn how to work through the menus.
I don’t use rev match mostly because heel/toe is necessary for my race car (not a Mustang ) and I don’t want to degrade my muscle memory.
Might turn it back on after race season.

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
I'm not sure why you would want to turn it off however if you do then it is in the menu somewhere under settings.

It was odd at first however I've learned to really enjoy it. It is "smart" enough not to blip when you don't need it. It is the main reason I got the 2019 over the 2018.

RubyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PPL2; 2001 Solara (beater)
According to pg 92 of the 2019 Mustang Owner's Manual (attached), Rev Match is under Track Apps, just above "View/Clear Results".

If you have "Information Display Controls - Type 2" (don't know how that happens), it is under the "Pony" menu, between "Launch Control" and "Gauges" (this is on pg 96 - not attached).

Attachments

OP
OP

NSXman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Thanks to all for the replies.
Yes, I figured out how to turn it off. I was stopped at what seemed like an endless traffic light on my way home from work last night and was playing with the settings for the information display and toggled into the "Track Apps." menu, and low and behold, there was a line for "Rev Matching" with a box checked in front of it. I scrolled down and unchecked the box, and no more Rev Matching! Sooooooo much better now. I know most of you may think it's great, but I'm an old guy, and just found it obnoxious.
I really like the car....strong engine (duh!), shifts nice, very quick, handles well, and best of all has very intuitive controls (unlike the Audi S5 it replaced which required a computer science degree to figure out).
Thanks again!
Rick

Sponsored

TwinGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2006 GT and 2019 GT on order
I was wondering if you still drive with it off? I just a bought 2019 GT and like it, but it does bother me sometimes.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
I was wondering if you still drive with it off? I just a bought 2019 GT and like it, but it does bother me sometimes.
Still on after 12 months...

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Ruby Red
Turned mine off in the first few days, and it has been off ever since.

OP
OP

NSXman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Yes...it hasn't been back on since I figured out how to turn it off...that and the stupid "hill assist" too. Like I said, this is one of those "love it or hate it" features...to each his own.
I will say that I do LOVE the car though. I couldn't be more happy with the purchase and haven't missed the S5 for a second. The Mustang does everything better, and is even almost as good in the snow! Just don't ask if I like it better than the NSX> Ha! Ha!

Rick
Sponsored