Disabling Seat Belt Chime

Rod Schneider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
I've tried to turn off the seatbelt chime in my 2016 Ecoboost using the latching and unlatching method in the owner's manual, but have never been able to successfully turn the chime off......... I recently got Forscan and I've been able to change a few things, but I still can't turn off that darned chime! I've gone into the IPC, memory location 720-01-01 and changed the number 6 to number 0 successfully, but it still chimes! Even looking at the configuration code on Forscan it shows a 0 and shows passenger and driver belt chime as disabled. Anyone else have this issue?????
Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
720-01-01 = xxxx xx0x xxxx

Is this how you did it? My 16 is set to that and works fine.

OP
OP
Rod Schneider

Rod Schneider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
720-01-01 = xxxx xx0x xxxx

Is this how you did it? My 16 is set to that and works fine.
As it turns out, I did disable the persistent chime. I originally thought that changing that code would totally disable the chime, but found out that the initial chime at start up is not affected by this code change.....

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I disabled mine using the click, unclick method with no issues a long time ago.

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
When I was a Ford Tech a few years back, I had to do this same click/un-click routine hundreds of times for customers. (F-150s, Mustangs, Tauruses, etc.)
The key to doing it successfully to to go at a steady pace and not to try and complete it too fast or too slow and make sure you fully seat the buckle each time.
and it does sometimes take 2-3 tries for it to disable it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
Another possible situation for the BeltMinder not being able to be disabled if you are possibly using a key programmed to MyKey settings (for teenagers for example)
using that key (MyKey), safety systems, safety chimes and limiters cannot be turned off.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I must have disabled mine without even knowing it.... LMAO

It has not chimed at me in quite some time; I can remove my belt while driving and no chimes...

Exactly what is the “click/unclick” process?

TopJimmyCooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem PP; 2019 EcoBoost Prem
Vehicle Showcase
When I was a Ford Tech a few years back, I had to do this same click/un-click routine hundreds of times for customers. (F-150s, Mustangs, Tauruses, etc.)
The key to doing it successfully to to go at a steady pace and not to try and complete it too fast or too slow and make sure you fully seat the buckle each time.
and it does sometimes take 2-3 tries for it to disable it.
Question on the door chime disable...once completed, will it stay off permanently (e.g. battery disconnected)? My concern is that I'm about to go to a harness. If the seat belt is removed and the chime is reset will I never be able to turn it off? Or will there be no chime because the belt is missing?

Thanks!

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Wouldn't it be possible to disassemble the female portion of the seat belt harness and jumper the contacts or the wire going into it? Or, you could wear the belt, lol.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The door chimes and seatbelt chimes are two different things. I disabled the seatbelt chimes on my 2018 F-150, and it was basically like it didn't have seatbelts. I was expecting to keep seeing the seatbelt warning on the dash, but nope; it's like completely disabling the seatbelt warning system, so I put it back on. If that's what you want, I'm pretty sure it should be the same code as the F-150, so look it up.

The door chimes is just when you open the door with the car running, or the ignition on. I still hear some chimes when initially starting the engine with door open, but that's it. I disabled that on the Bullitt on IPC 720-01-02 xx0x. Also disabled the stereo speakers for the chimes (including the reverse sensors), so they sound on the internal IPC speaker now, but not sure I'll keep it. Just wanted to leave the stereo speakers just for the stereo (also disabled the fake engine sound, which used the stereo speakers as well).

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
Wouldn't it be possible to disassemble the female portion of the seat belt harness and jumper the contacts or the wire going into it? Or, you could wear the belt, lol.
DO NOT DISABLE ANYTHING ON THE FEMALE PART OF THE SEAT BELT. PERIOD.
the reason is the Mustang has "smart" airbags, it adjusts the airbag deployment based on seat position, approx weight, and whether the seat belt is buckled or not. (the weight sensor is more of checking for a small child or package vs a full sized adult)

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Wouldn't just going to the junk yard and cutting the male portion off a seatbelt and using it as a placeholder for the actual seatbelt buckle work? I've been thinking of just doing this.