Seat Belt Height Adjustment

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
At 6' 4" with a long back neither the belt loop on the seat or straight to the B pillar anchor point are comfortable although a roll neck sweater might be justified to stop chaffing at the neck?

Apparently a tight fitting roll neck sweater and a stomach don't go well together says the missus so gotta find excuses. :wink:
Sponsored

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Probably would have got a better response on the Bullitt forum

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
GM also made a nice guide, but u cant get them anylonger.

Sponsored

OP
OP
gorgin4325

gorgin4325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
My base seats have a strap on the side to capture the seatbelt, dunno about premiums.
For some reason, I missed your reply over a month ago. I just went to my car and yes, that strap fixed the issue! I never realized what it was for until just now lol Thank you!

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
For some reason, I missed your reply over a month ago. I just went to my car and yes, that strap fixed the issue! I never realized what it was for until just now lol Thank you!
That strap may solve the issue, but it has a major flaw. The seat belt will rub against the seat all the time and will eventually ruin the leather at that spot.

I found item on ebay.
I am sure it can be made to fit as arms are adjustable. At least its well made being a BMW part and all. It would look oem in the mustang and not afterthought hopefully.
This will definitely alleviate the neck hicky look.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-BMW-MINI-Alpina-Hybrid-M3-M6-X1-X3-X5-Cooper-Belt-holder-52302208036/192708194709?_trkparms=aid=1110006&algo=HOMESPLICE.SIM&ao%
Thank you for your recommendation. I've ordered a set. It should be here in a few days, and I will report how it works (or doesn't).
I had my eye on these Australian seat belt guides, but they seem awfully expensive to me for just two pieces of plastic. The BMW ones are much cheaper and look even better. They do seem to be adjustable. I hope they are. We'll see...

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
At 6' 4" with a long back neither the belt loop on the seat or straight to the B pillar anchor point are comfortable although a roll neck sweater might be justified to stop chaffing at the neck?

Apparently a tight fitting roll neck sweater and a stomach don't go well together says the missus so gotta find excuses. :wink:
If a roll neck sweater helps you, I've seen people use things like these instead for what I guess is the same effect:
https://www.amazon.com/Symphony-Pillow-Unicorn-Cover-Support/dp/B07JGNV42Q/

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The BMW seat belt guides mentioned by Veteran above arrived today. They're awesome. The distance between the holes is adjustable, as is their diameter. They come with two sets of rubber bushings, one of which is a perfect match for the thickness of the headrests' legs in the Mustang.

I'm quite pleased with them. They really look as if they were OEM. Fortunately they're not branded; there's no BMW name or logo.

File_002.jpg

File_000.jpg

File_001.jpg

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I ride with mine under my arm, it is a stupid design.
The BMW seat belt guides mentioned by Veteran above arrived today. They're awesome. The distance between the holes is adjustable, as is their diameter. They come with two sets of rubber bushings, one of which is a perfect match for the thickness of the headrests' legs in the Mustang.

I'm quite pleased with them. They really look as if they were OEM. Fortunately they're not branded; there's no BMW name or logo.

File_002.jpg

File_000.jpg

File_001.jpg
Oh man that looks like a pretty good idea. I ride with that strap under my arm it is so annoying. For 40 beans it's worth a shot,

A big thank you

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
I didn't notice it before, but after seeing it mentioned in this thread I had a look at my 14 month old Mustang, and yes, the leather on the corner of the seat has started to break a little where the sharp edge of the seatbelt slides over the seat corner it as it goes through the OEM leather seatbelt guide.

I can't agree the BMW seatbelt guides looks anything but ugly though. I've temporarily put a small piece of PPF film on that corner, which doesn't look good either, but will perhaps prevent more damage for a while. Days/weeks/months? Not sure.

I'm thinking if I could find a slice of leather with the same colour, I could cut out a piece and attach with double-sided tape. Change it once every half year or whenever it starts to wear out, though not sure where to find leather of the same colour. Any tips or better ideas?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Check eBay item 223460975449 ?

WD :like:

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
eBay item 223460975449
Ah, you mean not use them for their intended purpose of sliding the seat belt through in order to protect the neck, but instead attach them to the seat it self in order to protect the seat.
Yes, thank you very much, that's an interesting idea that might turn out to work pretty good. Will check out the seat again tomorrow and think some more about it.
Sponsored