Sponsored

Diminished value?

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
Thanks for the help everyone. If anyone has access to auction prices and could share the current price for a 2017 non-R, I would greatly appreciate it.
Pm me your vin number, miles, options and zip code.
Sponsored

Shabooty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
I've tried and never been successful and I'm not about to hire an attorney. If it's not on the carfax it didn't happen.
To this point, my accident was never on carfax either. However, they went around w/ a paint reader and the driver side door was a bit "suspicious". lol

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I just finished up with a claim like this for my R, which was hit the day after I bought it. Ended up getting about 10% of the value back for the disminished value claim and another 10k for the loss of use cost as it spent 83 days in the shop. This was from Allstate.

It was a huge pain in the ass, however. I spent a lot of time arguing with them and eventually threatened to sue. Didn’t have to go quite that far.

I also used the St Lucie Appraisal company for a legit appraisal with 6 comparable quotes. Worth the cost.

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
has anyone had any experience with this when the accident is self-inflicted? I just got my car back today from (what I thought was) a minor accident. I embarrassingly drove over a curb in my car, doing about 8 grand in damage. The thing is this...the damage was 100% cosmetic. Not a single metal piece was damaged, all of it was plastic. They replaced the splitter and belly pan, bumper winglets and full cover due to two tabs where the splitter attached being broken. They also replaced the plastic side rails (they got slightly scuffed) and the rear cover/valance for being scuffed and breaking the upper tab on the passenger side (I actually think this was due to the sag issue, and now its been updated with the new cover/attachment brackets).

I took pics of everything. It's sickening how expensive this car is to fix for just a bunch of damn plastic. Now I'm worried about the car taking a value hit for that.

Sponsored

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
has anyone had any experience with this when the accident is self-inflicted? I just got my car back today from (what I thought was) a minor accident. I embarrassingly drove over a curb in my car, doing about 8 grand in damage. The thing is this...the damage was 100% cosmetic. Not a single metal piece was damaged, all of it was plastic. They replaced the splitter and belly pan, bumper winglets and full cover due to two tabs where the splitter attached being broken. They also replaced the plastic side rails (they got slightly scuffed) and the rear cover/valance for being scuffed and breaking the upper tab on the passenger side (I actually think this was due to the sag issue, and now its been updated with the new cover/attachment brackets).

I took pics of everything. It's sickening how expensive this car is to fix for just a bunch of damn plastic. Now I'm worried about the car taking a value hit for that.
If the accident shows up on a vehicle history report yes it will likely scare off some buyers and diminish the value to a degree. Just make sure you hold onto those photos so you can prove the level of damage the car had.

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
I am an attorney that use to work for State Farm (Minnesota) and handled their diminished value claims. From the insurance side standpoint, It was actually hard to win against the insured. The best cases brought forward were when the person sold the vehicle because then it shows exactly what you received. Evidence from various sites like cars.com of very similar make, model, year and mileage showing what it would cost but for the accident. Just file in small claims court (very minimal filing fee) and go from there (as long as you think the diminished value is $10k or less). Feel free to pm me if you have questions.
Sponsored