barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
My 350 was rear ended by a texting teen. Damage is about $6100.00. Does anyone know what I need to submit to AAA for a diminished value claim? The adjuster wasn't very forthcoming.
Sponsored

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
What I did for mine was I got an online diminished value appraisal, the police report showing it was not my fault, the CarFax report on my car showing the accident, 2 local dealers trade in appraisals with the accident disclosed which I used to compare to KBB and NADA excellent condition trade in values, and the total repair bill but even with all of that, they would not admit DV. I had to take them to court and show all of this to a judge to get my money so good luck!

OP
OP
barstowpo

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
That's what I'm fearing. Did you take the insurance company to court or the other driver?

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
That's what I'm fearing. Did you take the insurance company to court or the other driver?
jstump2490 gave the exact instructions to get the best diminished value claim. However, you sometimes may have to fight for it. When my 350 was rear ended 3K+ damage) earlier this year, the driver at fault had the same insurer, USAA. Because of this I was able to get a DV pay out much easier but!!!!! it was not much. I did not have the car appraised by a dealer because frankly it would take time and that is more valuable to me. I don't know how much more I could have gotten but I do not believe much as the damage was not severe. Insurance companies are going to fight tooth and nail for a pay out.

Sponsored

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
I did one about 15yrs ago thru State Farm and they would ONLY pay a diminished value claim when I realized the loss - i.e. I had to sell the car. In this case it was an Explorer that my wife was in and it was hit HARD. It SHOULD have been totaled but the adjuster did not see that the frame was broken until they had it all apart.

As soon as we got it back we turned around and traded it in for a new Explorer. We had to provide a statement from the dealer as to the value with and without the damage claim. Once that was in the cut us a check for the difference. Now I had purchased multiple cars from them and they put a 10K loss on the letter so that's what we got. Worked out well other than the PITA of having to wait for the truck to be fixed and then trade it.

BlkGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 GT86 Autox, 16 GT350 TP, 06 Civic Si TTD car
My 350 was rear ended by a texting teen. Damage is about $6100.00. Does anyone know what I need to submit to AAA for a diminished value claim? The adjuster wasn't very forthcoming.
Every state has different laws. Do a search of your state and diminished value and will find what you need to do to prove it. Some states don't even recognize diminished value. :frusty: In FL the state Supreme Court does recognize diminished value claims but it is up to the car owner to file the claim with the insurance company, can't get diminished value from your Ins Co, and provide supporting documents. After that it is a negotiating process and may require a lawyer. My car is still under repair and until I get it back I can't start my claim.

Peter

Last edited:

Flounder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Gt 350
avoid attorneys. find someone that is an expert in diminished value. May have to pay 500 to 1200. don't settle for less than what you deserve and wait it out. keep complaining and calling everyone at your insurance company. I would guess the car is worth 20,000 less that the day before it was wrecked. What would you pay for a wrecked 350? This worked for me 10 years ago before they had diminished value laws in Ga. The company that repaired my Porsche provided name for diminished value expert. Took me about 4 months with car sitting. Sorry this happened to you, best of luck.

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I sued the texting floppy haired teenager and his parents. The insurance company will jump right in and take it from there because they don't want their client to have to go through a lawsuit. I also went through small claims court which had a limit on how much I could ask for, but I wanted right around what the limit was anyway so I maxed out the claim and went for it. I only had a Focus ST at the time so $3000 DV was a good number for me, you may need to go to real court though if you want more, but small claims court is designed for the little guy so you may do better there than in real court where you may need a lawyer.

Also, having the same insurance as the person who hit you does not necessarily make it easier to get a claim. The kid that hit me and I both had Geico and they couldn't give 2 shits about me or my situation. It's weird suing your own insurance company. I was worried they would drop me after that, but instead they just raised my rates so I quickly jumped ship. There seems to be a trend on here with Geico fucking people.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Threats of legal action, yeah I'm sure Insurance Carriers never hear that. First use Google and check your State Laws. Maybe contact the Dept of Ins for assistance. Once you figure out if you are owed it and how much you think you are owed, go after it. Everyday, until you get paid.
Sponsored