Diff Fluid Discussion

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I have a Torsen and not read/seen that is optional. That said must ask, the posey unit for the Torsen does not have a clutch pack, and is all geared ?

I've seen a video of the internals @ work just don't recall, I guess I need to go back and have another look.

Thanks
Yeah, it's all geared. From what I understand, Ford ships the cars with that same modifier in the Torsen, because it lowers the lockup ratio slightly which typically means less noise/chatter for street use.
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Most likely means it works. 99.9% people here (including me) can't tell difference one fluid from the other. It may make some difference in wear, but unless you take it apart, you don't know.
Also for most usage, they probably do not need to replace fluid ever.
I know all lubricate, and thinking no one really knows what stands out when choosing, pretty much the way I see it .......

Thanks for confirming :thumbsup:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, it's all geared. From what I understand, Ford ships the cars with that same modifier in the Torsen, because it lowers the lockup ratio slightly which typically means less noise/chatter for street use.

Thanks " typically means less noise/chatter." nonissue here . :handshake:

OP
OP
NoXiDe

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
It's been said on the track forums that the 140 is not recommended on the cars with coolers as it may require the pump to work a little harder and fail sooner than expected. Which makes sense as they both start out as the same thickness (OEM and 140) then during track temps the 140 would be heavier to flow through the pump.

Last edited:

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I just look for a trusted name brand synthetic gear oil, sold by the gallon at a reasonable price. Seems like all oils or lubricants sold by the quart these days is way overpriced.
Sponsored