Sponsored

Did anyone ever do a Perf Pack 2 vs 1LE test?

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Retail Sales 2018 Q1-Q2
Mustang: 29,548
Challenger: 25,783
Camaro: 24,809

No way in hell the Mustang should ever outsell a far superior car with a world class chassis, more tech, more power, etc
more torque not more power and the mustang has more tech... but the world class chassis is correct and everyone thats drove it says so. that 50k mustang i bought cost me 39, the 46k 1LE best was 43k. huge discounts and incentives do a lot for sells. While i doubt they are selling 5-10k a month in fleet sales. they do sell a lot more then Camaro. but as always it ends up about sells, next it will be about how good you can/cant see out of it and the spiral will continue. Then when the best drivers car article comes out and the 1LE wins... if it wins.. then all the mustang fanbois will be back with well put them on the same suspension, the 1le is a dedicated track car, you shouldve used a gt350 and all the other excuses
Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Uhhh it was stated the Mustang only has more sales than the Camaro because of fleet sales. Are you saying that is not true?

Still it should never happen at all if the Mustang is such a POS car. If the Camaro is leagues better people should be buying it in droves and 1LEs should not ever be selling under 40k.

Also C6G says the Camaro has more tech so you are wrong.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Uhhh it was stated the Mustang only has more sales than the Camaro because of fleet sales. Are you saying that is not true?

Still it should never happen at all if the Mustang is such a POS car. If the Camaro is leagues better people should be buying it in droves and 1LEs should not ever be selling under 40k.

Also C6G says the Camaro has more tech so you are wrong.

uhhh someone stated it would be closer if you took the fleet sales out, i dont think anyone would ever argue that thats why it has better sales, it has better sales because its a better DD car. As a dedicated track car.. sure some could call it a POS that can go a whole session with out some aftermarket cooling, tires and suspension to do what the stock 1LE can.. But please continue with your sarcasm and tell us why the mustang is God's Chariot, hand made and forged by he himself and better then any car out there..

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
more torque not more power and the mustang has more tech... but the world class chassis is correct and everyone thats drove it says so. that 50k mustang i bought cost me 39, the 46k 1LE best was 43k. huge discounts and incentives do a lot for sells. While i doubt they are selling 5-10k a month in fleet sales. they do sell a lot more then Camaro. but as always it ends up about sells, next it will be about how good you can/cant see out of it and the spiral will continue. Then when the best drivers car article comes out and the 1LE wins... if it wins.. then all the mustang fanbois will be back with well put them on the same suspension, the 1le is a dedicated track car, you shouldve used a gt350 and all the other excuses
Just wondering g. But how many more times are you going to call people that don’t agree with you mustang fanbois ? You don’t like Mustang fans. Beat it. Simple concept. You wanna talk about how great the 1Le is. They have Camaro forums for that.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Just wondering g. But how many more times are you going to call people that don’t agree with you mustang fanbois ? You don’t like Mustang fans. Beat it. Simple concept. You wanna talk about how great the 1Le is. They have Camaro forums for that.
when you turn a blind eye to another car because you are simply a fan of your own model, you go from being a enthusiast to a fanboi. I love my mustang, but its not the greatest thing ever made and i dont pretend it is, i dont come on a forum to make excuses why another model was .001 sec faster in a 1/4 or care. but some people on here, like you love to trash the other car no matter what. ive seen you hate on the car, and period it is a better track car.. no question about it. its a fact. trying to come up with reasons its not, or bring up sales and stuff just brings out the mustang fanboi. like you bashing visibility in it. you wanna turn a blind eye to a better car fine, dont be a baby when you get called out for it.. not you in general but anyone. the 1LE is "faster" then a PP2, but yo sales... visibility.. tires... driver.. lol

Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
you know what, im sorry i forgot its mustang6g, im not in the 2-3-4k comment club clique and everything i say is wrong.

go back to the regularly schedule camaro is shit and 2018 mustang is a time bomb posts

have a good day

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
Randy ran 3 seconds faster in the ZL1 M6 vs M6 on different days due to different temperatures and track conditions. He explained why, and this is why tests done on different days when were trying to compare times within a second are useless.

They didn't test the 1le and PP2 on the same day, case closed. I'm not sure why this is so difficult to understand. The comparison because of this is worthless for determining which one is actually faster. The only thing we can determine (which we already know) is that they are close.
I’ll agree with that. Different days in same conditions, not so much. Still, times are close, whether Randy drives or anyone else (based on the few reported times for the PP2).

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
when you turn a blind eye to another car because you are simply a fan of your own model, you go from being a enthusiast to a fanboi. I love my mustang, but its not the greatest thing ever made and i dont pretend it is, i dont come on a forum to make excuses why another model was .001 sec faster in a 1/4 or care. but some people on here, like you love to trash the other car no matter what. ive seen you hate on the car, and period it is a better track car.. no question about it. its a fact. trying to come up with reasons its not, or bring up sales and stuff just brings out the mustang fanboi. like you bashing visibility in it. you wanna turn a blind eye to a better car fine, dont be a baby when you get called out for it.. not you in general but anyone. the 1LE is "faster" then a PP2, but yo sales... visibility.. tires... driver.. lol
you know what, im sorry i forgot its mustang6g, im not in the 2-3-4k comment club clique and everything i say is wrong.

go back to the regularly schedule camaro is shit and 2018 mustang is a time bomb posts

have a good day
Now your just being a dumbass. I bash the visibility in Camaros. Because I used to own a Camaro. And guess what? It had bad visibility. Go ahead and pretend like not every automotive journalist on the planet. Hasn’t said the same thing. But since we’re all fanboys here. It somehow takes on a new meaning to you. Do you do track events? I don’t! I could fucking care less about how a 1Le curb stomps a PP1 mustang. Around some yellow cones in a parking lot. But you might want to remember this is a MUSTANG FORUM! We’re allowed to be a fanboi here. You say it’s a better car. That’s your OPINION. So I guess since I don’t agree with you. That makes you a Camaro fan boy??? Right?

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
uhhh someone stated it would be closer if you took the fleet sales out, i dont think anyone would ever argue that thats why it has better sales, it has better sales because its a better DD car. As a dedicated track car.. sure some could call it a POS that can go a whole session with out some aftermarket cooling, tires and suspension to do what the stock 1LE can.. But please continue with your sarcasm and tell us why the mustang is God's Chariot, hand made and forged by he himself and better then any car out there..
I'm not sure what you are talking about? I never said the Mustang was anything like that. And how is it sarcasm when people on C6G say those exact things?

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Again what are you talking about. Most would say the 1LE is faster than the PP2 and probably is in most cases. Where are you getting all this stuff from? Someone said they wanted to see the test on the same day to take out variables that could have an effect on lap times. What is the big deal about that?

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
What he is quoting is the best drivers car competition that was just done, all the cars were tested at the same time. Johnny gave the 1LE time, left the 2PP time for the article to be released as a cliff hanger. but that test was done same day, same conditions. What he's saying it the 1LE lapped .1 sec faster then the lap from 2 years ago
Read the article. They were NOT tested on the same day. The 1LE was ran in the 16 best drivers car competition and the 18PP2 was ran in the 18 best drivers car competition. Again, not on the same day...or even the same year.

Read!

"Although we did not have both cars at the same time to do it properly, they were, in fact, tested in the same locations and by the same drivers."

"Because both were included in our annual Best Driver's Car Tests (2016 and 2018), we have pages and pages of detailed staff notes on both, from their respective test days, and from the road."

They are using numbers for the camaro from 2016! Don't believe me, read the article! The car they list is for a 2017 SS 1LE.

I’ll agree with that. Different days in same conditions, not so much. Still, times are close, whether Randy drives or anyone else (based on the few reported times for the PP2).
Different days, same conditions had a 3 second deviation for the Zl1 and Viper GTR. When we're comparing cars that are likely well within a second of each-other, 3 seconds can be an eternity. Comparing 2016 SS1LE track and testing comparisons against 2018 track and testing is garbage. I would be saying the same thing if the PP2 came out faster than the 1LE. This is lazy click-bait journalism. There is no way to know exactly how the track prep compares to a run done two years ago.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I’ll ask it one more time. Why has no one ran this things on the same day? The PP2 has been out for a while now. Run the bitches and let the chips fall where they may. If the Mustang over heats. Everyone write Ford a nasty gram and tell them to get their shit together. Between this and the GT500 fiasco. It’s hard not to pull your hair out. (I really wanted a GT500) But I don’t have the patience to wait another year. Or the hundred grand. The damn thing will probably cost! I proof read everything I just typed twice to see what part will set gixxerboy when he comes back. Just going to send it.:like:

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase

have a good day
Damn somebody has been whiffing to many magazine fumes :ontheloo:

I’ll ask it one more time. Why has no one ran this things on the same day? The PP2 has been out for a while now. Run the bitches and let the chips fall where they may. If the Mustang over heats. Everyone write Ford a nasty gram and tell them to get their shit together. Between this and the GT500 fiasco. It’s hard not to pull your hair out. (I really wanted a GT500) But I don’t have the patience to wait another year. Or the hundred grand. The damn thing will probably cost! I proof read everything I just typed twice to see what part will set gixxerboy when he comes back. Just going to send it.:like:
He'll be back after he gets some more magazine facts to put you down with :crackup:

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Read the article. They were NOT tested on the same day. The 1LE was ran in the 16 best drivers car competition and the 18PP2 was ran in the 18 best drivers car competition. Again, not on the same day...or even the same year.

Read!

"Although we did not have both cars at the same time to do it properly, they were, in fact, tested in the same locations and by the same drivers."

"Because both were included in our annual Best Driver's Car Tests (2016 and 2018), we have pages and pages of detailed staff notes on both, from their respective test days, and from the road."

They are using numbers for the camaro from 2016! Don't believe me, read the article! The car they list is for a 2017 SS 1LE.

Different days, same conditions had a 3 second deviation for the Zl1 and Viper GTR. When we're comparing cars that are likely well within a second of each-other, 3 seconds can be an eternity. Comparing 2016 SS1LE track and testing comparisons against 2018 track and testing is garbage. I would be saying the same thing if the PP2 came out faster than the 1LE. This is lazy click-bait journalism. There is no way to know exactly how the track prep compares to a run done two years ago.

Lol, the quote, he posted.. from Johnny... was taken from the 2018 best drivers car. I don’t know how else to tell it to you, both cars were tested on the same day. He is not talking about the motortend article that you keep referring to. He is talking about Johnny ig account at the actual test. He posted the 1LE time, that was 1 tenth of a second faster then it did 2 years ago. I’m not sure why that’s hard for you to understand.. but you guys will argue and argue and argue.. good luck to you.. I’m moving on from the conversation.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Damn somebody has been whiffing to many magazine fumes :ontheloo:

He'll be back after he gets some more magazine facts to put you down with :crackup:
Its not good enough for these Chevy guys when I say. Camaro handles better than a Mustang. Which I freely admit. I could give two fucks. Im a straight line guy. And I don’t give a shit about stock times. Because nothing I’ve ever owned in my life has stayed stock! But You literally have to worship to the Gods of GM or they lose their minds. I like the power of the Camaro. I like the exterior styling of the Camaro. I like the way the Camaro handles! I’ve owned several Camaros in my lifetime. But I say, I don’t like the interior or the bad visibility of the 6th gen. Which is my fuckin opinion! They shit the bed! Visibility is fine adjust your mirrors and deal with it they say. Then they act like they have never heard anyone say anything about the visibility. You Bring up sales. To make a point that the Camaro isn’t perfect. Because if it was as perfect as they think it is. It would be the best selling sports car in the segment. But for some reason. They don’t wanna understand that logic. And then you gotta hear about fleet sales. And The magical ATP. There is 5 new Camaro guys a day on this sight. It’s like they run out. Buy a Camaro. And then sign up to every Mustang forum they can find. Start shit. Then run back and say.....those Mustang guys are assholes. Or they’re fanbois. Ok so I’m a Mustang fanboi? Am I somehow in the wrong place? Or are you in the wrong place? Cause I’m pretty sure. They have a spot for Camaro fanbois. I highly doubt that spot is called a Mustang forum. I think I’ll go to every Camaro forum I can find. And remind them. That the 18 Mustang has tested to be faster than a current 6th gen Camaro in the 1/4mile. Magazines say so. Wonder how that will go over?
Sponsored