skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I use a mtm pf22 it’s a 1000 ml, what’s your dilution on the snow+
Recommended is 10:1. I use a shot glass and a little overfill (about 60ml) in my cannon at 3/4 full (600ml ish). I never use a full cannon, if I do fill up I end up just going over stuff twice and waste it.
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Most products will tell you the ideal dilution ratio. I have this and it works great. It screws right on the bottle of whatever soap you use and you squeeze the bottle of soap until the cup fills to the desired level

CARPRO Measure - Car Concentrate Liquid Measuring Cup - Precisely Measure Concentrated Liquids for Dilution https://a.co/d/dninP1O

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
To all my detainees it’s about time to order another jug of pre-wash. I’ve always used Gyeon foam but I’m considering trying carpro lift. My car is ceramic coat.

Gyeon Foam or Carpro Lift
Not sure why, but I prefer Carpro Lift. I'm fairly sure they are the same thing though.

I wanna try GSF but at 150ml that seems like a lot. I think I use 80ml of gyeon in my cannon.
150ml is what some tend to reccomend, but KCx seem to suggest you only need 30ml to 950ml of water, but that seems too lean for me. It produces good foam from 80 to 100ml.

NV Snow+ is quite strong, stronger than they would have you believe. I would stick to the recommended 1:10 ratio (90ml to 910ml of water).

Snow+ | Intensified Foaming Shampoo – Nv Car Care USA

Most products will tell you the ideal dilution ratio. I have this and it works great. It screws right on the bottle of whatever soap you use and you squeeze the bottle of soap until the cup fills to the desired level

CARPRO Measure - Car Concentrate Liquid Measuring Cup - Precisely Measure Concentrated Liquids for Dilution https://a.co/d/dninP1O
Those are brilliant, have them on a few products, mostly rinse-less washes. The Pro-Blend ones are great too.

CARPRO Measuring Cup - Skys The Limit Car Care (carpro-us.com)
Pro-Blend Bottle Proportioner | Obsessed Garage

IMG_2168.jpg

IMG-1303.jpg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Mark &D: I've been using chemistry glass for measuring but seeing one of these chingassos, I realized that I need one.

BUT, I have a question for both. I use CG's Snow Foam and I buy it by the gallon. However, OG's rig comes in quart and gallon sizes and my first question is, is that because of the size of the opening and the threads used or is it something else?

I see CarPro doesn't mention a size.

Thanks in advance, guys and D., go ahead and tell me how crappy Snow Foam is. After reading so many posts on foam, I feel like I should be using a more expensive product.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Mark &D: I've been using chemistry glass for measuring but seeing one of these chingassos, I realized that I need one.

BUT, I have a question for both. I use CG's Snow Foam and I buy it by the gallon. However, OG's rig comes in quart and gallon sizes and my first question is, is that because of the size of the opening and the threads used or is it something else?

Thanks in advance, guys and D., go ahead and tell me how crappy Snow Foam is. After reading so many posts on foam, I feel like I should be using a more expensive product.
These are some specs from my supplier on Pro-Blend -

- Pro-Blend™ Bottle Proportioner 28 mm (For Quart Bottles) 9 1/2” Dip Tube

- Pro-Blend™ Bottle Proportioner 38 mm (For Gallon Bottles) 12” Dip Tube

Fits 28mm bottlenecks 28/400 neck finish. 1L
Fits 38mm bottlenecks 38/400 neck finish. 3.8L

The Pro-Blend are superior because they only allow you to dial up the amount you need.

The Carpro Measure only fits on 28mm bottle sizes (generally 500ml/1000ml bottles, or 16oz and 32oz bottles).

If you enjoy using the CG soaps, then go with it. I haven't used any from the brand, but of all their products, the soaps are apparently very good.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Thanks on both counts, D and I think I'll just get both models from OG as most of us have quart and gallon containers of products. Funny, but Echo sells their two-stroke oil in a bottle that sorta kinda does the same thing BUT, it sucks and I have to do it manually regardless.

This rig however, from what you said, does the job perfectly and I'll be able to donate the glass volumetric flasks to someone. :cool: Damn shipping charges though..Kamazonski Prime spoils you on that count while OG can hit pretty hard. NBD.

Thanks again, D.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I have a box of these from Amazon. Cheap and has Oz and mL measurements and you get a lot of them so I have one per chemical I need to dilute.

EBIVEN 20 Pcs Plastic Measuring Cups for Liquids Cooking Ounces Reusable 8 oz Paint Mixing Cup, Kitchen Drinking Measure Cup Set https://a.co/d/0JKjAny

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

D beat me to it, the Carpro measuring cup will only fit the 500ml and 1000ml bottles from what I can tell. I don’t have anything larger than that here to test fit unfortunately.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
This rig however, from what you said, does the job perfectly and I'll be able to donate the glass volumetric flasks to someone. :cool: Damn shipping charges though..Kamazonski Prime spoils you on that count while OG can hit pretty hard. NBD.

Thanks again, D.
I know you are privy to the way shipping works, but for those who are curious about some insight into shipping, this video explains some of that, at least from the OG model. It's a long video, but it goes into how "free shipping" is basically price shifting to someone else, or eaten up by higher margin pricing.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
D beat me to it
<chuckling> No problem, Mark. I'm going to order two of the OG version.

for those who are curious about some insight into shipping
Thanks for the link, D..When I pulled it up, I saw that I had watched about half of it before. Yep, a bit long as are most of his vids, but it was interesting and brought up things you wouldn't normally consider like their location. Thanks.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
<chuckling> No problem, Mark. I'm going to order two of the OG version.

Thanks for the link, D..When I pulled it up, I saw that I had watched about half of it before. Yep, a bit long as are most of his vids, but it was interesting and brought up things you wouldn't normally consider like their location. Thanks.
I was half way through viewing the video myself, so that could be where the link picked up from.

As a frequent online shopper, its easy to forget how retailing has evolved to where it is today...............and all that goes into making it happen efficiently. When the likes of Amazon and other large online retailers offer free shipping, its hard to consciously pay for shipping at smaller retailers. But someone, somewhere is paying for that shipping, you just may not know who that is, be that the buyer or seller.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
I was half way through viewing the video myself, so that could be where the link picked up from.
Ah HAH! Yep, that was the reason for sure D because I'll be damned if I remembered seeing it. <laughing> Still, I think I got the gist and I get that we're paying for shipping even when allegedly it's free.

But, the bigger outfits get substantial reductions in shipping costs due to volume and I personally believe, Kamazonski's Prime deal is worth it.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
I went with gtechniq W4, the company I order from was out of GSF in the 4L and Carpro lift in 4L.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Tried my hand at the Rinseless game yesterday. I have read reviews on top of reviews and started to try the OG ONR, but I decided to give the new guy a chance. I keep it mixed in a spray bottle for door jams and the occasional bird bomb and it works really well for that, but I tried it for the whole wash on both mine this time. Mixed up 4 gallons and dipped my IK sprayer in for the pre spray. They neither one were really that dirty, I can see it as a viable alternative especially in the cold months to keep things looking fresh and to save water. That said, I still used the water hose and wheel/tire cleaner for the wheels, I am not a fan of rinseless for that. Will probably visit the local coin wash for wheels and undercarriage in the winter, do a quick pre rinse and then come home to finish up.
IMG_0124.jpeg

IMG_0125.jpeg

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Tried my hand at the Rinseless game yesterday. I have read reviews on top of reviews and started to try the OG ONR, but I decided to give the new guy a chance. I keep it mixed in a spray bottle for door jams and the occasional bird bomb and it works really well for that, but I tried it for the whole wash on both mine this time. Mixed up 4 gallons and dipped my IK sprayer in for the pre spray. They neither one were really that dirty, I can see it as a viable alternative especially in the cold months to keep things looking fresh and to save water. That said, I still used the water hose and wheel/tire cleaner for the wheels, I am not a fan of rinseless for that. Will probably visit the local coin wash for wheels and undercarriage in the winter, do a quick pre rinse and then come home to finish up.
IMG_0124.jpeg

IMG_0125.jpeg
Big fan of Absolute for the scent and slickness.

Both ONR and Absolute are great interior detailers too, super mild/safe and excellent for dusting or light cleaning.

If you get a chance, also have look at Opti-Coat No Rinse, the ceramic infused version often called "yellow ONR". Smells so good and offers even more gloss and slickness.

Opti-Coat - No Rinse | The Rag Company

IMG-8276.jpg
Sponsored