Sponsored

P21S Polishing Soap

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
P21S Polishing Soap is a product that tends to fly under the radar.

P21S Polishing Soap - State-of-the-art German metal-polishing technology is now available from P21S. (autogeek.net)
P21S Metal Polishing Soap 10.6 oz Jar - Sky's The Limit Car Care (carpro-us.com)
Get P21S Metal Polishing Soap Online | Waxit – Waxit Car Care (Australia)

exh3.jpg

This product has had a place in my detailing war chest for many years now. I have only one use for it and that is to take care of exhaust tips. All too often this is a detail that many forget, having a squeaky clean car with dirty exhaust tips really spoils the look.

P21S Polishing Soap is a rather unique product in that it's used while the car is still wet. As a way to clean up and maintain exhaust tips, this product is perfect.

To use, firstly clean the exhaust tips. I do this after washing my wheels, using the same products and brushes. In most cases, I use regular car washing soap but if the exhaust tips are really dirty, the use of a wheel cleaner can be helpful. I have also read that Stoner's Tarminator can also be used to remove more stubborn, baked on carbon deposits.

This is as dirty as I let exhaust tips get..........

IMG-1548.jpg

exh1.jpg

Using a bristled wheel cleaning brush...........

w6.jpg

ww6.jpg

Now clean but still wet, it's time for the P21S.........

oct277.jpg

Remove the cap and take out the supplied foam applicator sponge. Moisten the sponge and start scrubbing the tips, the product will foam up and feel "gritty".

oct278.jpg

exh4.jpg

After scrubbing, rinse the exhaust tips and sponge, then continue on with the other side (if so equipped).

For protection, I then spritz the tips with a spray and rinse water activated sealant. You can of course ceramic coat them or use something like Dr. Beasley's Metal Coat. In this case I'm using CarPro Hydr02, Gyeon Wet Coat or 303 Touch-less Sealant would be equivalents.

exh5.jpg

Dried and looking the part............

exh6.jpg

IMG-1567.jpg

The exhaust tips pictured above are raw aluminum, however the P21S can be used on chrome or exhausts without a finisher -

Chrome -

IMG-1159.jpg

A very un-fancy, base model Ranger -

IMG-0273.jpg

IMG-0274.jpg

P21S Polishing Soap is not a product you will use all that often, however it's a worthwhile addition to a detailing regime.
Sponsored

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
P21S Polishing Soap is a product that tends to fly under the radar.

P21S Polishing Soap - State-of-the-art German metal-polishing technology is now available from P21S. (autogeek.net)
P21S Metal Polishing Soap 10.6 oz Jar - Sky's The Limit Car Care (carpro-us.com)
Get P21S Metal Polishing Soap Online | Waxit – Waxit Car Care (Australia)

exh3.jpg

This product has had a place in my detailing war chest for many years now. I have only one use for it and that is to take care of exhaust tips. All too often this is a detail that many forget, having a squeaky clean car with dirty exhaust tips really spoils the look.

P21S Polishing Soap is a rather unique product in that it's used while the car is still wet. As a way to clean up and maintain exhaust tips, this product is perfect.

To use, firstly clean the exhaust tips. I do this after washing my wheels, using the same products and brushes. In most cases, I use regular car washing soap but if the exhaust tips are really dirty, the use of a wheel cleaner can be helpful. I have also read that Stoner's Tarminator can also be used to remove more stubborn, baked on carbon deposits.

This is as dirty as I let exhaust tips get..........

IMG-1548.jpg

exh1.jpg

Using a bristled wheel cleaning brush...........

w6.jpg

ww6.jpg

Now clean but still wet, it's time for the P21S.........

oct277.jpg

Remove the cap and take out the supplied foam applicator sponge. Moisten the sponge and start scrubbing the tips, the product will foam up and feel "gritty".

oct278.jpg

exh4.jpg

After scrubbing, rinse the exhaust tips and sponge, then continue on with the other side (if so equipped).

For protection, I then spritz the tips with a spray and rinse water activated sealant. You can of course ceramic coat them or use something like Dr. Beasley's Metal Coat. In this case I'm using CarPro Hydr02, Gyeon Wet Coat or 303 Touch-less Sealant would be equivalents.

exh5.jpg

Dried and looking the part............

exh6.jpg

IMG-1567.jpg

The exhaust tips pictured above are raw aluminum, however the P21S can be used on chrome or exhausts without a finisher -

Chrome -

IMG-1159.jpg

A very un-fancy, base model Ranger -

IMG-0273.jpg

IMG-0274.jpg

P21S Polishing Soap is not a product you will use all that often, however it's a worthwhile addition to a detailing regime.
I have ( well had for many years) their carnuba and its great stuff. Is this more like a duraglit or brasso kind of product?

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I have ( well had for many years) their carnuba and its great stuff. Is this more like a duraglit or brasso kind of product?
P21S Polishing soap is like an old school paste wax, albeit with a gritty texture. Also like a paste wax, you wipe the applicator over the product to load it up before polishing/buffing.

IMG-2602.jpg

IMG-2603.jpg
Sponsored