Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
D: There's a car show this morning so I got out and gave Sarah her first Reset wash yesterday and boy did she need it, the dust was thick. Of course, I immediately fell in love with the scent. Even better, 40ml in the jar foamed perfectly. The delicious smell intensity increased during the hand wash, too. :-) So now, with a gallon/4L in reserve, it is my goto soap and thanks again.

1673785606335.png

Clean again

1673785686072.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Thanks I didn't get to their site as the conversation and my observations of how it behaved in the bottle convinced me it was worth a try. And lol I was typing this as you posted:

"Oh and PS, IMHO since a number of us have spent a far greater number of beer tokens on detailing gear than we ever intended - due mainly to poor self restraint but also posts by a certain individual on M6G - I humbly submit that you should now do the honourable thing and get some to try :giggle:. For team 🇦🇺 and science :inspect:"
Well.................................... :facepalm:

IMG-6674.jpg

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
D: There's a car show this morning so I got out and gave Sarah her first Reset wash yesterday and boy did she need it, the dust was thick. Of course, I immediately fell in love with the scent. Even better, 40ml in the jar foamed perfectly. The delicious smell intensity increased during the hand wash, too. :-) So now, with a gallon/4L in reserve, it is my goto soap and thanks again.

1673785606335.png

Clean again

1673785686072.png
Glad you liked it, I knew you would! :like:

I also want your GT500! :clap:

Sponsored

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Another couple of soaps to add to the list that have been put to the DFB judging panel, consisting of me, myself and I. :wink:

Auto Finesse Lather – I’m not going to mince words here, I hate this soap!

Some of this dislike will come down to my usage patterns though. During my maintenance wash process, I rinse the car, foam it down and then do the contact wash with the foam still on the paint. I also have the same soap in my wash bucket too.

Auto Finesse offer two maintenance soaps, Avalanche and the pH neutral Lather. Avalanche is geared towards pre-wash foaming and Lather is designed for bucket washing. In my opinion, I see no reason for using two different soaps during a regular maintenance wash. Lather is said to be “super foamy”, which led me to giving it a try. Except, I does not foam, at least not in a effective manner. The consistency is super runny and unlike other soaps that offer a thinner film, Shine Supply Shift for example, it doesn’t cling to the paint. The Scent had a hint of citrus, the cleaning ability ok and lubrication is fair. Overall, not a soap I will be re-ordering.

Lubrication – 6/10

Cleaning Ability 7/10

Scent – Tangerine / Citrus

PH Level – 7.5

Consistency – Runny

Overall Rating – 1/10

IMG_6596.jpg

IMG_6598.jpg

Angelwax Fast Foam – A pH neutral maintenance soap designed primarily as a pre-soak. This is another soap I took a punt on, and I’m glad I did. The foam quality is exceptional, dwell time is fantastic with Angelwax saying the longer it stays on the paint, the more it will break down contaminants. It may not be Reset or GSF slick, but it’s not far behind. The only thing I would change about this soap would be to add a scent, Fast Foam is essentially fragrance free. A brilliant soap and certainly gets a pass from me!

Lubrication – 8.5/10

Cleaning Ability 10/10

Scent – None

PH Level – 7.5

Consistency – Runny

Overall Rating – 8.5/10

IMG_6610.jpg

IMG_6617.jpg

Bowden’s Own Snow Job – This is an Australian brand, one that I don’t believe is available outside of Australia and New Zealand. The original formulation of Snow Job was junk! Sure, it foamed well but it offered little to no cleaning ability. The new version is said to be a all-new formulation, addressing a few key problems with the original, including cleaning ability and the consistency of the liquid. Snow Job v2 is much runnier, making it easier to measure out. Like the original, Snow Job foams like a champ, producing thick and clingy foam. It also cleans better than the original, although still not to the level of the leaders. I also don’t really like the scent, almost like a commercial men’s room cleaner. Overall, an improvement on the original but not a leading contender.

Lubrication – 6/10

Cleaning Ability 6/10

Scent – Said to be “refreshing”

PH Level – 7.5

Consistency – Runny

Overall Rating – 6/10

IMG_6677.jpg

IMG_6685.jpg

Stock it to me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Franco
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang EB Atlas Blue
New to the ‘real car washing‘ process, as my new 2023 Mustang is my first car that’s worth it! Lots of stuff to read, my first basic question to start… I love the Foam Cannon process, but will it work with a garden hose?

If yes… What do you use with a Garden Hose?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
New to the ‘real car washing‘ process, as my new 2023 Mustang is my first car that’s worth it! Lots of stuff to read, my first basic question to start… I love the Foam Cannon process, but will it work with a garden hose?

There are a some out there. Stay away from the Chemical Guys one though. I had that one and it broke after 1 season of use. After that I just broke down and got a power washer

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback

Yes, you can get garden hose foam cannons. Just don't expect thick, "shaving cream" type foam. Its the water pressure and gauze filter in the foam cannon that generates foam. Without those, the garden hose foam cannons produce a waterier foam, which limits the dwell period.

Brilliant Finish™ Foaming Sprayer (griotsgarage.com)
The Best Car Washing Foam Guns & Foam Cannons | What's The Difference? - Adam's Polishes (adamspolishes.com)

If you do want to go to a pressure washer, you don't need a particularly powerful unit to produce thick foam either. I got great foam from a humble Karcher K2.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
A couple more soaps to add to the list.

Wowo’s Detailer’s Shampoo – I ordered this soap without any expectations and ended up pleasantly surprised. The big selling point of this product is the versatile formulation. Use less (1:500), and you have a gentle maintenance wash. Use more (1:100) and you have a soap which can deal with heavier soiling. It’s also a pure soap, with no gloss enhancers or added sealants. In use, Detailer Shampoo produces thick, shaving cream type foam, allowing to have an extended dwell period. Slickness is great, as is cleaning ability. The scent is rather strange, but apart from that, I found this soap to be a bit of a sleeper.

Lubrication – 8/10
Cleaning Ability 10/10
Scent – Violet, An acquired taste
PH Level – Variable, but 7.5 when diluted to 1:500
Consistency – Medium Runny
Overall Rating – 9/10

IMG-7277.jpg

IMG-7290.jpg

IMG-7293.jpg

Ethos Foam Party – A pH neutral soap that is geared towards foaming and pre-wash soaking. As such, the ultra-thick foam is up there with the best and the dwell period excellent. But it also performs well as a bucket wash, offering great slickness and cleaning ability. The pineapple scent is described as a “tropical getaway”. For the bottle size, it’s a touch expensive and the yellow colouring is not unlike diluted Betadine antiseptic, not a particularly pleasant visual in my opinion. But apart from that, I really like this soap.

Lubrication – 8/10
Cleaning Ability 9/10
Scent – Pineapple
PH Level – 7.5
Consistency – Runny
Overall Rating – 9/10

IMG-8035.jpg

IMG-8037.jpg

IMG-8039.jpg

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
A couple more soaps to add to the list.

Wowo’s Detailer’s Shampoo – I ordered this soap without any expectations and ended up pleasantly surprised. The big selling point of this product is the versatile formulation. Use less (1:500), and you have a gentle maintenance wash. Use more (1:100) and you have a soap which can deal with heavier soiling. It’s also a pure soap, with no gloss enhancers or added sealants. In use, Detailer Shampoo produces thick, shaving cream type foam, allowing to have an extended dwell period. Slickness is great, as is cleaning ability. The scent is rather strange, but apart from that, I found this soap to be a bit of a sleeper.

Lubrication – 8/10
Cleaning Ability 10/10
Scent – Violet, An acquired taste
PH Level – Variable, but 7.5 when diluted to 1:500
Consistency – Medium Runny
Overall Rating – 9/10

IMG-7277.jpg

IMG-7290.jpg

IMG-7293.jpg

Ethos Foam Party – A pH neutral soap that is geared towards foaming and pre-wash soaking. As such, the ultra-thick foam is up there with the best and the dwell period excellent. But it also performs well as a bucket wash, offering great slickness and cleaning ability. The pineapple scent is described as a “tropical getaway”. For the bottle size, it’s a touch expensive and the yellow colouring is not unlike diluted Betadine antiseptic, not a particularly pleasant visual in my opinion. But apart from that, I really like this soap.

Lubrication – 8/10
Cleaning Ability 9/10
Scent – Pineapple
PH Level – 7.5
Consistency – Runny
Overall Rating – 9/10

IMG-8035.jpg

IMG-8037.jpg

IMG-8039.jpg
Great stuff as usual D! If you want another Ethos product to try, I’ve been using Cleanse lately and I really like it. I haven’t tried in the foam cannon yet but for the bucket it gives lots of suds and is nice and slick to reduce chances of marring.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Without those, the garden hose foam cannons produce a waterier foam, which limits the dwell period.
I recently watched a YouTube clip of a car being detailed at a Gyeon centre in Germany. The Gyeon detailer claimed that a light foam was better than a heavy foam in that it didn't run off as quickly, and therefore dwelled longer. Seemed to make sense so I tried proving this the other day and can't say I noticed much difference between dwell times of the different consistencies. Maybe Gyeon just doesn't make a foamy product.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I recently watched a YouTube clip of a car being detailed at a Gyeon centre in Germany. The Gyeon detailer claimed that a light foam was better than a heavy foam in that it didn't run off as quickly, and therefore dwelled longer. Seemed to make sense so I tried proving this the other day and can't say I noticed much difference between dwell times of the different consistencies. Maybe Gyeon just doesn't make a foamy product.
Yes, I have come across that sentiment before..........................but I like thick foam! :giggle:

In actuality, Gyeon Bathe is suuuuper foamy, thick and luscious.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Remember too that part of the foam equation is water quality. Hard water tends to make for a runnier foam, which is a problem I have. I increase the soap to water ratio to help counter that a little bit but it’s still not as good as those that have or create soft/filtered water.

larf37

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Beautiful car. Can I ask what camera you used to take the picture? On my iPad it almost looks like it was taken with a tilt shift lens that makes normal sized objects look like miniature models of the object.
Again, that is one gorgeous automobile.
Sponsored