Sponsored

Depreciation/long-term value?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I agree it will depreciate like many cars but I'd add a * to that. It will depreciate like many "special enthusiast cars". These cars will stay very relevant and I think will drop initially and hit a solid market value..maybe a bit higher than some of you are guessing.

Can you imagine how many people would line up in 5 years to buy a package like this for $30k??? That price, for this car in good shape, in only 5 years will be so attractive to people, it will drive the price up. I don't see a nice car selling for less than $40k in 5 years.

The R is another story. It's really a big question mark for those.

Will be fun to come back to this thread in a few years to see.
The cars that barely get driven will bring higher values and those that are used a lot will bring less. I know I'm biased because I love this car, but I agree the value will not go as low as a more highly produced car.

I believe depreciation will depend on how much longer they will make the Voodoo engine and whether or not they will update it in the future in one way or another.
Or if Ford makes something different than the Voodoo but better in some way. 9,500 RPM rev limit anyone? :ford:
Sponsored

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'll disagree with the above. My MSRP is 59,040 and I'd be willing to bet I could get 55k in the chicago market this summer. I think in 5 years we will still see $40-$45k for nice GT350's and probably $35-$37 for something more used.
I would have to agree with you. I expect around 38 to 40K in five years putting about 5K miles a year on it. I think this could be the best all around Mustang made to this point. However, there are several factors we can't account for at this time. What do we have in the 2021 reveal. Will hybrid help or hurt the values? Value will depend on the next SE's and GT500. But, I think those SE's will be parts bin and badges. Will there be a 2019 GT350? If yes, it will hurt the value IMO.

I do find it interesting that dealers still have 15K markups, but won't buy mine used for MSRP. Not that I would sell it! They are having their cake and eating it too.

I think there will be more overall value in the 350's if you wait to sell it in 10 years with low mileage.

:cheers:

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm not sure the GT500 will hurt the GT350, they are different cars with different target markets. Some people want a more dedicated track/handling car, the GT500 will always be more known as a drag strip king than a circuit racer.
Looking back at 2014 GT500 prices in my area, people are still trying to get 50k+ for used ones. :headbonk:
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...&trimCodeList=MUST|Shelby GT500&numRecords=25
I don't think a new Gt500 would hurt it either. The next would be 750 to 800 and not really be daily driver. And the price tag! I would expect 80K.

fmusignac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Back to depreciation, my 2016 6 month old, 2k mile Shelby Tech Pack has not sold at 51.5k. Please dont turn this into another tech vs track package. I think a considerable issue is that I'm in the Midwest and it's the middle lf the winter.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Back to depreciation, my 2016 6 month old, 2k mile Shelby Tech Pack has not sold at 51.5k. Please dont turn this into another tech vs track package. I think a considerable issue is that I'm in the Midwest and it's the middle lf the winter.
I agree because of winter and location. I think there is a price gap for GT owners waiting for it to be under 40K to justify it.

Sponsored

actionjackson83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
white
You'll be able to get a 2017 for under 40k in 3 years with 15k-20k miles on it. The new upgrades to the 2018 model and if they upgrade the GT350 design along with improvement in performance and efficiency in the voodoo design will make the 2016-2018 models depreciate faster. You can probably keep it over 40k if you put only 10k miles on it during that time. I'm willing to bet the 2019 will see a refreshed GT350 with some of the improvements from the 2018 mustang, just don't expect ford to say anything because they have excess stock of new 2016s (still sitting waiting on recall repair) and 2017-2018 stock they have to sell.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
You'll be able to get a 2017 for under 40k in 3 years with 15k-20k miles on it. The new upgrades to the 2018 model and if they upgrade the GT350 design along with improvement in performance and efficiency in the voodoo design will make the 2016-2018 models depreciate faster. I'm willing to bet the 2019 will see a refreshed GT350 with some of the improvements from the 2018 mustang, just don't expect ford to say anything because they have excess stock of new 2016s (still sitting waiting on recall repair) and 2017-2018 stock they have to sell.
I don't agree. Ford has already stated that the 2018 GT350 isn't getting any cosmetic updates except for colors, if they aren't doing it in 2018, and the next generation is slated for 2020, it doesn't make sense that they would update the GT350 (if they even bother making it) for 2019 alone.

What improvements in the voodoo are you speaking of? 2018 will remain the same as the previous years.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
If a low mile non R in great condition is worth 40K in 5 years I'll be stunned. I'll be happy, but it sounds way to good to be true. I and many others here have already had dealers only offer us 45k on our non Rs. :rolleyes:

I know it isn't retail, but it reflects a softening of the market. There are too many variables to be able to accurately guess what the value will be in 5 years. My guess would be high 20s/low 30s for the example I gave in 5 years. Which, would still be very good IMO.

Krogen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White & Blue Stripes
The flaw with future value speculation is that the automobile world is changing. Changing in ways none of us have witnessed before. Hybrid and plug-in electric vehicles. Self-driving vehicles. Young folks without a passion for driving. Uber.

Not being negative. It's just that the landscape will likely be very different in the years to come. Meanwhile, I'm driving my GT350, enjoying the heck out of it and neglecting future value.

actionjackson83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
white
I don't agree. Ford has already stated that the 2018 GT350 isn't getting any cosmetic updates except for colors, if they aren't doing it in 2018, and the next generation is slated for 2020, it doesn't make sense that they would update the GT350 (if they even bother making it) for 2019 alone.

What improvements in the voodoo are you speaking of? 2018 will remain the same as the previous years.
It's just speculation but if they don't improve the car any further, that'll further depreciate the value of the car faster as people would rather spend less on the new GT for similar performance and perks given all the tech that has come over from the GT350 to MY18. Even now I'm waiting til the MY18 specs come out before commiting to buying a 17 GT350.

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
It's just speculation but if they don't improve the car any further, that'll further depreciate the value of the car faster as people would rather spend less on the new GT for similar performance and perks given all the tech that has come over from the GT350 to MY18. Even now I'm waiting til the MY18 specs come out before commiting to buying a 17 GT350.
Why? It has been stated and backed up that only colors are changing for the 18 GT350.

They are not changing anything else. They'll run it one more year and just replace it with the next uber Mustang model.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
They could at least throw in the dash display upgrade for the 18 GT350 =)
I think they will be doing that. I doubt they have 2 separate interfaces being installed.
From what I've read, I still don't think they are doing that. I'm sure it would require some redesign of the interior and wiring to run that dash in the GT350. It appears Ford is more than happy to run one more year of the GT350 and maximize their profits without revising anything. Except for colors, which I'm sure doesn't cost them anything new to the program.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
For what it's worth guys, when I traded my '11 GT in, I got $19,500 for it last May. It stickered at 35 and change and I paid $31K before taxes and fees.

Conversely, I have a friend who's trying to offload is 2013 328i X Drive and he can't even get $23 - 24K privately. It stickered for low 50's. American performance is aging well it seems like.
Sponsored