Decklid panel fitment issue

jeremy0210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2020
Did anyone else have issues with fitment on the replacement decklid panel?
I just got the scott drake decklid panel and I'm struggling to get it fit.
I ordered an replacement but not sure if it'll fit properly.
Anyone know what would be a good replacement decklid panel?
Thanks in advance

KakaoTalk_20210515_172415819_01.jpg

KakaoTalk_20210515_172415819.jpg
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Did anyone else have issues with fitment on the replacement decklid panel?
I just got the scott drake decklid panel and I'm struggling to get it fit.
I ordered an replacement but not sure if it'll fit properly.
Anyone know what would be a good replacement decklid panel?
Thanks in advance

KakaoTalk_20210515_172415819_01.jpg

KakaoTalk_20210515_172415819.jpg
Yep, Drake's are pure crap and they don't stand behind their Quality. I bought My Drake from CJ Pony and had the exact same problem. Didn't fit, the camera was misaligned in the drake lid hole, edges weren't even, pure crap. CJ as well as Drake Rep would not replace it or do a RO. Good luck and I hope you have better luck than me. I just threw mine in the trash and bought a a ford Performance one without emblem. Fit great, no issues.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Yep, Drake's are pure crap and they don't stand behind their Quality. I bought My Drake from CJ Pony and had the exact same problem. The lid Didn't fit, the camera was misaligned in the drake lid hole, the edges weren't even, pure crap. CJ as well as Drake Rep would not replace it or do a RO. Good luck and I hope you have better luck than me. I just threw mine in the trash and bought one from ford Performance one without emblem. Fit great, no issues.
BTW. You will hear people talk up Drake And CJ but you will find out allot of these people are trolls, cheerleaders for these companies. That's one bad thing about forums. The companies monitor them everyday and make sure they have people respond positively on them after someone mentions they are crap. Just saying, they are the Companies Cheerleaders. I mean I thought Lethal Performance was great until someone last week posted about how LP sold them a $600 gauge kit with a FU cable. They said Lethal just told them to buy a new cable on their own dime, basically telling them By By, we got your money go away. I dislike those shops for they are a cancer to the good shops we have.

OP
OP

jeremy0210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2020
Thanks man I’m struggling with these haha
Whats the ford performance thing you got? Can you possibly dm me the link?

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT

Sponsored

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
The decklid panel has a lip behind it that fits into a bracket mounted on the decklid. So when you install it you need to slide it up a little and catch those brackets before you secure it with the clips on top.

If you didn't get that lip in the bracket it will sit just like your picture.

OP
OP

jeremy0210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2020
The decklid panel has a lip behind it that fits into a bracket mounted on the decklid. So when you install it you need to slide it up a little and catch those brackets before you secure it with the clips on top.

If you didn't get that lip in the bracket it will sit just like your picture.
Yup I tried it several times I think it’s just this piece

Sponsored

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Mine was like this, wasn't the trim panel, but the trunk itself was way out of alignment, so much that it was rubbing on the edge of the c pillar where the trunk lid meets the rear glass. make sure you don't have contact going on there. Check out this thread so you can see what I am talking about, and maybe get your dealer to sort it out for you if its an issue.

OP
OP

jeremy0210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2020
Mine was like this, wasn't the trim panel, but the trunk itself was way out of alignment, so much that it was rubbing on the edge of the c pillar where the trunk lid meets the rear glass. make sure you don't have contact going on there. Check out this thread so you can see what I am talking about, and maybe get your dealer to sort it out for you if its an issue.
Thanks for this I dont see this problem for my car must be the decklid thats causing the problem

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man I’m struggling with these haha
Whats the ford performance thing you got? Can you possibly dm me the link?
I hope you bought a Lid and it fit as OEM. One thing about the Ford Performance Lid is I was told they are made from the exact same mold as the OEM Emblem Lids are made from minus the holes for the emblem giving a smooth look. Good Luck
Sponsored