Fitment of Decklid Panel?

bigplayrayr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
Mine is the same way. Definitely bothersome, but not half as much as how easily it gets scratched up.
Sponsored

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Mine is the same way. Definitely bothersome, but not half as much as how easily it gets scratched up.
Never ever wipe that black plastic panel with anything when the panel is dry, because it scratches easier than any other substance on earth.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Mine looks like that too.
Someday, someone will ask if your car is original. If you don’t fix it, they’ll look to that light misalignment as confirmation reference. :like:
Just playing devils advocate here, you can always put it back in crooked.:crazy:

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
I did the washer/shim trick on my drivers-side taillight, as suggested by @Terlingua and @Cobra Jet in another topic. I used two metal washers, which perhaps I should swap out for plastic ones. Anyway, it worked pretty well:

comp.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Toretto

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
I did the washer/shim trick on my drivers-side taillight, as suggested by @Terlingua and @Cobra Jet in another topic. I used two metal washers, which perhaps I should swap out for plastic ones. Anyway, it worked pretty well:

comp.jpg
what size washers did you get?

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
what size washers did you get?
1/2 inch bore, of about 1/16 inch thickness. I bought half a dozen of the thinnest gauge I could, figuring I could add or remove them to get the right spacing.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

comp.jpg
1/2 inch bore, of about 1/16 inch thickness. I bought half a dozen of the thinnest gauge I could, figuring I could add or remove them to get the right spacing.
Glad to see the washer shim trick worked - looks perfect!

Reactions: DRB

TwistedHighway

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I have same alignment issue. I put a tape measure on it and the left signal lamp is different by almost 1/4" compared to the right.

Since it's a common problem I feel a little better but the car is an icon, you'd think they'd get it right. When I brought this up at the dealer they had no idea. I checked other cars in the showroom and they all had the same problem. They told me to contact Ford.

The washer method recommended above sounds like the fix. Thank you to that post!
Sponsored