Sponsored

Decklid panel options

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
If your panel has swirls I'd hate to see your paint. Why not spent the time to learn how to take care of your car?
Being awfully snooty aren't we? The black panel is far more susceptible to scratches than the actual paint of the car.

It's like those piano black plastic trims they have on some a-pillars and interiors. No matter what you do eventually it will get hairline swirls.
Sponsored

Budster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang ecoboost, automatic.
I have had a Drake panel on my 2020 for two years. After repeated waxing's and being cleaned with a California car duster, there are no scratches on the panel. I happen to like the design of the panel and you can't really put an emblem on it. Granted, my car doesn't see rain or snow but it is driven as I have 27,000 miles on the car. The factory panel's finish is garbage.

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS - Ruby Red Metallic

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Sponsored

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
It will scratch just like the factory one LOL (sorry couldn’t resist). I like the blank decklid panel, had it on my 2016. Contemplating doing on my current one also
Well, previous owner of my car removed all the GT/CS badging (grrr...) and not only turned the panel on the car into a swirlfest but also somehow cracked the heck out of it along the edges in what I can only imagine was an attempt to remove it by force.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Well, previous owner of my car removed all the GT/CS badging (grrr...) and not only turned the panel on the car into a swirlfest but also somehow cracked the heck out of it along the edges in what I can only imagine was an attempt to remove it by force.
I bet they didn’t realize there’s screws holding it in as well. Either that or they tried prying it off with a sledgehammer. It is kind of a pain to get started but once you get it going it pops off fairly easily

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I bet they didn’t realize there’s screws holding it in as well. Either that or they tried prying it off with a sledgehammer. It is kind of a pain to get started but once you get it going it pops off fairly easily
Oh, as I'm going through this car that was the minor messup... They welded slip-on adapters to the exhaust and put Eibach Sportlines on the car with the shocks and struts that it left the factory with. :like:
Sponsored