Sponsored

Tough decision, need guidance

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Also a fan of a road course, I like 2 drive. Drag racing is fun just too short .
Not to incriminate anyone, but one of the big arguments from the bigs and skinnies camp is that you spend more time on the street or highway than you do at the "road course." Which is unavoidably true, which is kinda why the Mopar camp scoffs when you talk about brakes and handling. MOST people won't ever go to a road course (even if they do it's a fraction of the time spent in the car).

I get the argument, ripping straight aways and roll racing and drag racing is 99% go fast and straight.

However, I also like to be able to drive a car on the street that's not completely unsettled and have my ass pucker every time I want to switch lanes at anything more than 40 mph. I like to be able to move through traffic with confidence I can stop on a dime or turn suddenly.

I've argued that I'm LITERALLY safer doing 100 mph in my 350 than I am doing 80 mph in my SUV. I can stop and turn/avoid issues faster doing triple digits in my 350 than I can doing 80 in a 2+ ton SUV and do it safer. But you get puzzled looks from people who don't know anything about cars when you tell them doing 100 in my car is safer than them doing the speed limit in their family soccer bus.
Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Same holds true with motorcycles. Taking off with a high HP liter bike is exhilarating for sure, what a rush. Where the real fun begins is in the twisties. Personally I just love the long sweepers....best of both worlds.
Question is, do you want the rush to last around 10 seconds at a time or do you want your heart rate up for several minutes at a time.
Tell the new liter bikes like my bmw s1000rr that they cant keep up in the twisties. All the tech that the smaller bikes get are trickled down from the bigger bikes.

300s are nice starter bikes but an experienced person on a liter bike will be much faster than one on a 300. Nowadays at least. The weight difference is much more negligible than it used to be.

I realize you may have been clearly talking straight line vs twisties and not liter bikes vs smaller bikes though lol. In which case i agree.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Not to incriminate anyone, but one of the big arguments from the bigs and skinnies camp is that you spend more time on the street or highway than you do at the "road course." Which is unavoidably true, which is kinda why the Mopar camp scoffs when you talk about brakes and handling. MOST people won't ever go to a road course (even if they do it's a fraction of the time spent in the car).

I get the argument, ripping straight aways and roll racing and drag racing is 99% go fast and straight.

However, I also like to be able to drive a car on the street that's not completely unsettled and have my ass pucker every time I want to switch lanes at anything more than 40 mph. I like to be able to move through traffic with confidence I can stop on a dime or turn suddenly.

I've argued that I'm LITERALLY safer doing 100 mph in my 350 than I am doing 80 mph in my SUV. I can stop and turn/avoid issues faster doing triple digits in my 350 than I can doing 80 in a 2+ ton SUV and do it safer. But you get puzzled looks from people who don't know anything about cars when you tell them doing 100 in my car is safer than them doing the speed limit in their family soccer bus.

SUVs are top heavy, roll over real easy.

Me thinks it's hilarious seeing clowns running from the cops. Get a bumper tap, cop in his curser yelling timber. As all the shit and the driver gets ejected all over the highway.

"big argument from the big and skinny camp" They do have have one advantage, lots of red lights to stage from .... LMAO

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
SUVs are top heavy, roll over real easy.

Me thinks it's hilarious seeing clowns running from the cops. Get a bumper tap, cop in his curser yelling timber. As all the shit and the driver gets ejected all over the highway.

"big argument from the big and skinny camp" They do have have one advantage, lots of red lights to stage from .... LMAO
Top heavy, don't brake for isht, don't turn for isht. I feel 100% safer in my 350 going triple digits than I do in my SUV doing 80 mph. In fact, my biggest fear in the 350 is getting rear ended. I've had a few instances where I'm on the brakes hard and looking in my mirror wondering if the guy behind me is going to be able to stop. I don't worry about running up someone's ass, but I definitely worry about stopping in time just to have someone behind me unable to do the same.

But you try to tell a non car person that 100 mph in a performance car is safer than 75 mph in their SUV and they look at you like you're crazy.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Top heavy, don't brake for isht, don't turn for isht. I feel 100% safer in my 350 going triple digits than I do in my SUV doing 80 mph. In fact, my biggest fear in the 350 is getting rear ended. I've had a few instances where I'm on the brakes hard and looking in my mirror wondering if the guy behind me is going to be able to stop. I don't worry about running up someone's ass, but I definitely worry about stopping in time just to have someone behind me unable to do the same.

But you try to tell a non car person that 100 mph in a performance car is safer than 75 mph in their SUV and they look at you like you're crazy.
Let em ride with ya til triple digits then slam the brakes lol.

i can’t imagine much on the road capable of stopping behind a gt350 after a full brake event
Sponsored