Sponsored

Tough decision, need guidance

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The GT350 is better at everything than the GT in my opinion. Having owned a GT350 for 3 1/2 years and over 30,000 miles I should know.

Owning a GT rather than a GT350 as I do currently does keep more money in my wallet, though.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
you are not reading what has said obviously. I never said my decision was superior. I said that some people prefer the coyote over the voodoo for daily driving. He DID act very elitist by acting like no GT owner in their right mind would ever store their car in a garage, when it obviously does frequently happen. Not everyone that owns a gt350 or gt500 is an elitist, but he was certainly acting like one in multiple replies. If you really think that me saying some people have a preference over the other is me saying its a smarter decision, then I can only recommend reading comprehension classes honestly.
I think you're really blowing peoples comments up to meet your flaccid expectations. I see it all the time, guys like you...post their opinions and go on to say "I don't need to show you the evidence that I'm right"...posts vague hints at their purchase confirmation and then a few posts later suggest that someone doesn't know how to read when they are called out. This is weak.

Welcome to my ignore list (which works so excellent on this forum!) as someone who apparently just likes to hear himself speak but has nothing really to say.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
The GT350 is better at everything than the GT in my opinion. Having owned a GT350 for 3 1/2 years and over 30,000 miles I should know.

Owning a GT rather than a GT350 as I do currently does keep more money in my wallet, though.
and you are entitled to your opinion. I never said anything bad about someone preferring the voodoo. If other people would actually read what I originally said in the first page, I said if I were OP..i would either trade his GT (weird) for the gt350..or wait for the mach 1.

@stanglife

I think you're really blowing peoples comments up to meet your flaccid expectations. I see it all the time, guys like you...post their opinions and go on to say "I don't need to show you the evidence that I'm right"...posts vague hints at their purchase confirmation and then a few posts later suggest that someone doesn't know how to read when they are called out. This is weak.

Welcome to my ignore list (which works so excellent on this forum!) as someone who apparently just likes to hear himself speak but has nothing really to say.
i couldn't care less if you ignore me? that reminds me of the willy Wonka meme "sure, go ahead and ignore me. thatll sure show me"

what evidence do i "need" to provide? You want me to provide evidence that people have different opinions? LOL. Ok. I said that some people prefer the coyote engine over the voodoo for daily driving. Multiple people liked my comment, and others commented and agreed. I do not see how me saying some people have that opinion is incorrect, but ok.

purchase confirmation? I also couldn't care less what anyone thinks about my purchase. I pay for the car, no one else. But when someone says that no one would ever keep their GT in a garage, when many owners in this forum do (not myself, i DD it)..that is blatantly incorrect. if anyone was seeking purchase confirmation, it was the guy acting like no one could possibly prefer the coyote. which is again, why i recommended working on reading comprehension, or maybe reading the whole conversation.

have fun ignoring me though :)

Last edited:

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Across a zillion mustang and car forums I'll sum up the entire debate in a few sentences.

1) The Mustang GT is in it's base form, a "value" buy. Meaning you get 80% of the performance of the 350 for 50% of the cost. The more crap you throw at a GT, the less value it has because the price goes up rapidly and you still never really get to the performance of a GT350 (which has better transmission, coolers for extended harsh track use in hot temps, (something that makes even the PP2 a "one lap wonder" even if Ford uses clever tricks like throwing Cup2 tires on it and saying it approaches the performance of a 350 with inferior rubber), Recaro seats (in alcantara), better aero, better wheels, wider stance ).

2) The Mustang GT (in base form) is a MUCH MUCH better buy if you plan to go fast in a straight line. The 10 speed auto, combined with all the money you saved on parts that matter less (like brakes and wheels, coolers, and aero, etc).

3) The 350 has other subjective benefits that matter differently to different people (ranging from 'meh' to "gotta have it") like the sound of the flat plane motor and exhaust, the manual transmission (that's actually decent), the looks/styling (that so many GT owners replicate now with badges and diffusers and fenders and spoilers, etc), HUD shift light, dash gauges, to the hoity toity "Shelby" label.

4) The 350 also has some hangups that matter differently to different people (ranging from "meh" to "no way") which are potential oil consumption, lack of some options like digital dash and mycolor, a torque curve and rpm range that make NDMF's miss their traditional V-8 and low end torque, etc, etc.

So, if you want to save some money and get most of the way there, get the GT. If you want something "different" than a muscle car and you want more of a track/touring car and you're willing to pay for it, get the 350. There's no bad decisions here. It's like the difference between business class and coach. Is Business class better? Yup. Is it worth the considerable additional costs? Only you can decide that. You can still get to where you're going and pay half the price by flying coach.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Across a zillion mustang and car forums I'll sum up the entire debate in a few sentences.

1) The Mustang GT is in it's base form, a "value" buy. Meaning you get 80% of the performance of the 350 for 50% of the cost. The more crap you throw at a GT, the less value it has because the price goes up rapidly and you still never really get to the performance of a GT350 (which has better transmission, coolers for extended harsh track use in hot temps, (something that makes even the PP2 a "one lap wonder" even if Ford uses clever tricks like throwing Cup2 tires on it and saying it approaches the performance of a 350 with inferior rubber), Recaro seats (in alcantara), better aero, better wheels, wider stance ).

2) The Mustang GT (in base form) is a MUCH MUCH better buy if you plan to go fast in a straight line. The 10 speed auto, combined with all the money you saved on parts that matter less (like brakes and wheels, coolers, and aero, etc).

3) The 350 has other subjective benefits that matter differently to different people (ranging from 'meh' to "gotta have it") like the sound of the flat plane motor and exhaust, the manual transmission (that's actually decent), the looks/styling (that so many GT owners replicate now with badges and diffusers and fenders and spoilers, etc), HUD shift light, dash gauges, to the hoity toity "Shelby" label.

4) The 350 also has some hangups that matter differently to different people (ranging from "meh" to "no way") which are potential oil consumption, lack of some options like digital dash and mycolor, a torque curve and rpm range that make NDMF's miss their traditional V-8 and low end torque, etc, etc.

So, if you want to save some money and get most of the way there, get the GT. If you want something "different" than a muscle car and you want more of a track/touring car and you're willing to pay for it, get the 350. There's no bad decisions here. It's like the difference between business class and coach. Is Business class better? Yup. Is it worth the considerable additional costs? Only you can decide that. You can still get to where you're going and pay half the price by flying coach.
I agree. I do not know why anyone needs such detailed responses when someone simply says some people prefer one over the other, but whatever. that's the world I guess. Hell, if there weren't differing of opinions (which this whole last page has pretty much been arguing that different opinions exist)..then this thread wouldn't even exist.

Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I agree. I do not know why anyone needs such detailed responses when someone simply says some people prefer one over the other, but whatever. that's the world I guess. Hell, if there weren't differing of opinions (which this whole last page has pretty much been arguing that different opinions exist)..then this thread wouldn't even exist.
Well, I tend to think these forums are most useful for sharing technical knowledge, tricks, shortcuts, avoiding pitfalls, etc. I think the utility of an enthusiast forum gets further away from its wheelhouse when we start debating what's a sexier color.

Having said that, I get frustrated when people spread their "OPINIONS" about a car they've never owned or driven. The interweb is full of myths about the GT350, most of them perpetuated by people that have never driven the car...

"The GT350 has no torque" (which is absurd because it has more torque than a GT)
"The GT350 doesn't like boost" or "The flat plane crank doesn't like boost" or some variant (although there's THOUSANDS of boosted 350's now most of them doing just fine)

In the past, MOST of the premium variants were a GT just tooled over. Roush, Saleen, even the Shelby Super Snake is a car that started as a Mustang GT and someone simply swapped out parts.

The GT350 starts off as basically a different car. Could you build a Shelby Super Snake for less than Shelby American charges? Absofrigginlutely. Could you "build" a GT350 starting with a mustang GT and replacing the requisite parts? Not for cheaper than you could just buy a 350, not even by a mile. Trans, trans cooler, engine block, cylinder heads, radiator, brakes, suspension, wheels, tires, front chin and spoiler, rear diffuser, axles, diff cooler, Recaro Seats, spoiler, etc, etc, etc. By the time you totaled up everything there's NO WAY you could replicate a GT350 for less than just buying one. That's really not true for Roush or Saleen or Shelby American variants.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

And driving many Mustang GT's without MagneRide, I can say with confidence the GT350's normal mode is more road complaint than statically valved shocks and struts on base cars. The 350 is stiffer but it controls everything way better, less bounce and "yumping" (if that's a word...and if it is, never let me use it again). Here's the great thing about the 350's MagneRide, one compression, one rebound. There's no boing boing boing boing!

Okay, I think I've had enough internet for today. My vocabulary is...interesting.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I wish I could get the voodoo in a GT.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Well, I tend to think these forums are most useful for sharing technical knowledge, tricks, shortcuts, avoiding pitfalls, etc. I think the utility of an enthusiast forum gets further away from its wheelhouse when we start debating what's a sexier color.

Having said that, I get frustrated when people spread their "OPINIONS" about a car they've never owned or driven. The interweb is full of myths about the GT350, most of them perpetuated by people that have never driven the car...

"The GT350 has no torque" (which is absurd because it has more torque than a GT)
"The GT350 doesn't like boost" or "The flat plane crank doesn't like boost" or some variant (although there's THOUSANDS of boosted 350's now most of them doing just fine)

In the past, MOST of the premium variants were a GT just tooled over. Roush, Saleen, even the Shelby Super Snake is a car that started as a Mustang GT and someone simply swapped out parts.

The GT350 starts off as basically a different car. Could you build a Shelby Super Snake for less than Shelby American charges? Absofrigginlutely. Could you "build" a GT350 starting with a mustang GT and replacing the requisite parts? Not for cheaper than you could just buy a 350, not even by a mile. Trans, trans cooler, engine block, cylinder heads, radiator, brakes, suspension, wheels, tires, front chin and spoiler, rear diffuser, axles, diff cooler, Recaro Seats, spoiler, etc, etc, etc. By the time you totaled up everything there's NO WAY you could replicate a GT350 for less than just buying one. That's really not true for Roush or Saleen or Shelby American variants.
I agree completely, and I wouldn't have given my opinion on the car at all had I never driven one. I test drove one while looking at cars, and knew that just test driving it wasn't really enough to get a good feel for the car; so I tested my buddies gt350 while he had one and asked him about his car as well. Both of us being military with the same pay grade, I figured he could give me good insight as to how his budget was with the car.

I did the same with a 2ss 1le and a scatpack. Unfortunately none of my friends had a hellcat or some of the other cars I test drove at dealerships, but I tried what I could. None of them are a bad choice IMO, it just depends on each persons personal flavor and needs.

also agree with building a gt350 from a gt. Hence why I said if I was OP, id trade his GT for a gt350 (since he wants it to be like one) or get a mach 1. Which wont be the same as a gt350, but we haven't really seen just how close it truly will be. Plus, it has a different engine if he prefers his coyote.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The 350 is out since I damaged my left leg to the point I cannot operate a clutch on the street and the GT500 is out of my price range.

I don't see any reason the voodoo would be any less reliable than the coyote.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
The 350 is out since I damaged my left leg to the point I cannot operate a clutch on the street and the GT500 is out of my price range.

I don't see any reason the voodoo would be any less reliable than the coyote.
reliability may or may not be a factor. I haven't owned a voodoo for 60k miles so I cant speak to that.

all I can speak to is personal use and what I could justify. Did I want to spend more for a car that for my use, wasn't going to do much more than a gt? Being that I would rarely track it. Also I knew I would want to supercharge my car; could I more easily afford a new coyote, or a new voodoo if something blew up out of warranty. Getting the gt350 probably would have made me decide not to boost, but it was still a consideration. I went through the same considerations for what type of boost I wanted, if I wanted coilovers vs regular struts and shocks with a spring..etc etc. I had to justify the money towards the use. I prefer not to spend money that realistically I wont get as much from; as I could use it towards other things. Clothes for my job, going out to eat, upgrades; whatever it may be.

For some people they care more about the Shelby name, or the engine, or having one of the most capable cars possible even if they will never use it, or having it and actually using it. That's fine for them and I would never shame someone else for making their decision; as some others here seem to do. Hell, I have a 2016 bmw s1000rr motorcycle that ill never be good enough to 100% use its full potential, even on the track. I consider myself a good rider but its true potential will never really be seen on the street. I got it because I loved the bike, I knew id use it a lot, and I wanted it and could easily afford it. So I get the mindset; it just didn't make sense for me to make the same decision on the gt350; or even the hellcat or whatever other car you want to throw in the mix.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
And driving many Mustang GT's without MagneRide, I can say with confidence the GT350's normal mode is more road complaint than statically valved shocks and struts on base cars. The 350 is stiffer but it controls everything way better, less bounce and "yumping" (if that's a word...and if it is, never let me use it again). Here's the great thing about the 350's MagneRide, one compression, one rebound. There's no boing boing boing boing!

Okay, I think I've had enough internet for today. My vocabulary is...interesting.
I'll disagree on road compliance. IMO even my PP1 GT feels like a Cadilac compared to a GT350 in normal mode. I by far prefer the firmness and body control of the GT350 and I think the GT350's normal mode is perfect. But it's definitely less compliant than a GT.

I wish I could get the voodoo in a GT.
That would be great. I would also want the brakes from the GT350. They are so much better even than the PP GT brakes - it's night and day the immediacy of them and how easy they are to modulate. I really miss the GT350 brakes. To me they felt special all the time. I also think the clutch in the GT350 is underrated. It's way better than the regular GTs I have driven.

I could swear there's even something different about the Torsen in the GT350. The way the GT350 will rotate under power in a turn. It's so good!

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

Rusherific

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
I'll disagree on road compliance. IMO even my PP1 GT feels like a Cadilac compared to a GT350 in normal mode. I by far prefer the firmness and body control of the GT350 and I think the GT350's normal mode is perfect. But it's definitely less compliant than a GT.
I think that's pretty much what he said. It's not the softest suspension out there but it doesn't slam into the bushings and over-rebound afterwards like softer suspensions do in extreme cases, even other adaptive suspensions I've driven which sometimes still feel pretty bad. I would take the rock-solid feel of the 350's Magneride any day, even for a DD. There's a comfort factor to stability like that imo, in a different way I guess, besides the control/handling aspect.
Sponsored