Sponsored

Debating trading in the R for a more family oriented vehicle....

Furiousone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Shelby GT350
If I were to trade my GT350 for a more family friendly car, it would be for a Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio. Its a sedan, but would work for the familly. The Stelvio would be the perfect SUV if you would prefer. I love the Trackhawk as well, but, as it has already been mentioned(and you stated in your original post), they are sitting on lots and I don't see them holding value very well at all. If that is not an issue for you, then go for it!
Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Sounds like advice on a girlfriend. Spur of the moment decision cause she was attractive and available but you aren't really in love with her. How do I know? You only put 1500 miles on her so far. You think you're gonna miss her but you'd rather be going out with someone else.
Some girls just can't be tamed...

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
How about this. Panamera Turbo. Probably the closest thing to an R with 4 doors and a hatch! 550HP Zero to 60 in 3.6 top speed 190mph and all wheel drive.

porsche-zoom2.jpg
Much better choice !!

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
Price check the Panamera Turbo. You can have a Trackhawk and a R for the price of one of those.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
My only advice would be to check out others in the segment - BMW X5M, Jaguar F-Pace SVR, Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Porsche Cayenne/Macan Turbo, etc.

There are some really fun options for fast SUVs right now. Wife and I are eyeing a few them to replace her lease in about a year.
My wife has always had domestic SUV's but we ventured elsewhere on the most recent purchase. After researching Jaguar's F-Pace it was an easy choice - a factory order for a 2018, loaded, with a supercharged V6. It took a while due to the engine ordered but we both felt it was worth the wait. Give one a look if you haven't.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kurac

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
FYI, the rear seat kits are no longer available. I’ve been looking for one.
Is this true?...
Getting a rear seat kit was starting to make its way to the top of the list.

Edward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Lightning
Yes. I even called Ford Performance and they told me they discontinued it due to such low sales. They also said that with the new interior for '19, it wouldn't match.

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
Is this true?...
Getting a rear seat kit was starting to make its way to the top of the list.
I'm sure you could get some rear seats from a GT350. Lots of track guys are selling their Recaros and rear seats when they gut their cars...

I'll even offer up my stock R rear seat delete panel (I used an aftermarket 3 piece delete kit as it was easier to install with the Watson).

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
My wife has always had domestic SUV's but we ventured elsewhere on the most recent purchase. After researching Jaguar's F-Pace it was an easy choice - a factory order for a 2018, loaded, with a supercharged V6. It took a while due to the engine ordered but we both felt it was worth the wait. Give one a look if you haven't.
I concur. We've had ours a bit over 2 years and it's been a fantastic car.

The free lifetime maintenance is also a really perk.

jag.jpg

Alej

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alejandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017 PP+PP2
Looks like you definitely like and want the Trackhawk...
and damn, bringing a GT350R to the race tracks is an opportunity and a privilege that very few can grip their hands on. I got hope, there’s still time.

Sponsored

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP

jag.jpg

For real , free lifetime maintenance. That is awesome. I recently bought an Audi A6 for my wife and saw their Q7 SUV which is pretty sweet and very competitively priced.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.

jag.jpg
Heading up to Vail on Wednesday in my brothers F-Pace. Can’t say enough good things about that SUV. Damn fine machine. Blasting through South Park is a hoot.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Heading up to Vail on Wednesday in my brothers F-Pace. Can’t say enough good things about that SUV. Damn fine machine. Blasting through South Park is a hoot.

Ugh Vail, I lost more money there than in Las Vegas lol.

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
Sell the 350R, get a raptor. /Close thread.
Do both ;)

The raptor is a great truck, and I love it, but it’s a 5,700lb wobbly beast that rolls around corners and struggles to stop. A smaller suv like a trackhawk would be way more “sporty”
FE39EEDD-5D12-4BE2-A307-207C96463F43.jpeg
Sponsored