Sponsored

Debating trading in the R for a more family oriented vehicle....

2011gt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt350
Do both ;)

The raptor is a great truck, and I love it, but it’s a 5,700lb wobbly beast that rolls around corners and struggles to stop. A smaller suv like a trackhawk would be way more “sporty”
FE39EEDD-5D12-4BE2-A307-207C96463F43.jpeg
I am fortunate to own a track hawk. It is a great jeep and a ton of fun ...however it has a real drinking problem around town ha! Try and drive one to see if it is really right for you....or find a used srt8 and keep both.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kurac

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Dealer all of the sudden went radio silent. Odd. I haven’t really pursued it hard as I was on the fence. I’ll be letting the “deal” die on the vine, I think.

TRS7139

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Get the Q7, great vehicle, had 2. If you are the least bit concerned about residuals they maintain very well.
The value on that Trackhawk is gonna drop like a meteorite between years 2-3.

OP
OP
Kurac

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I like the Q7 allot. Strongly debated getting one for the wife, they drive great with very good acceleration from the blown 6. My issue was how the interior would hold up with 2 small kids. We went with a Highlander instead and I don’t care as much as the interior gets trashed. The Q7 will be on the short list once it’s time to replace the Highlander and the boys get older.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
The Q7 looks like a station wagon which I am not fond of. The SUV look is much better, which is really a truck with a built in camper top.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I think the Trackhawk is definitely fun and a giggle machine but after driving both the Trackhawk and the SRT, I can't help but to think to myself "why???" And that rarely happens to me. It's almost TOO much in one package. I'd personally save the money and get a used SRT if it's going to be more of a family/utility focused vehicle. But it's not like the Trackhawk can't do that either.

lana66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 1968 gt350
I just put the R away for the winter. I probably put less than 500 miles on it this past driving season. I’ve been blessed with a 2nd boy this past October and now have 2 boys in diapers. I was impulsed to buy an R in the summer of 2017 because I found a unicorn MSRP deal at a time when it was unheard of. I guess you can say it was the thrill of the hunt, and I love the hunt.

Years ago my brother bought a garage queen WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT, sight unseen. I was tasked with picking it up and delivering it to his home. I live in Ohio, the SRT was in Ohio, and my brother lives in NC. The drive from Ohio to NC was a revalation. The SUV handled and accelerated like no SUV could at the time. I became an instant fan.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago...I’ve always been intrigued with the 2018 Grand Cherokee Trackhawk, but thought the sticker prices were insane. Some of them crest $100K. F that. That was early 2018, and now there are over 1000 nationwide collecting dust on dealer lots. I reached out to a few dealers for shits and giggles and through negotiations am close to securing a stripper Trackhawk (MSRP just under $88K in True Blue Pearl Coat) for about 13% off MSRP. I’m getting what I think is a very generous trade in value on the R, $62K. With the trade in tax savings it’s really $66,200.

I know I would miss the R, particularly the handling and the sound....but after 2 years, I’ve only got 1500 miles on it and have yet to track it. It’s mostly due to lack of time. If I make time, I feel bad for not being with my kids. I would use the Trackhawk as our weekend runabout with the family. I know my 2.5yr old would get a kick out of it. I personally think the SRT/Trackhawk GC’s look classy and badass. They shouldn’t exist....they are crazy fast (some owners are getting 11.4 quarter mile times in good weather stock) with instant power and equally rediculous fuel economy (owners post MPG’s equal to what I get with the R).

I’m looking for people’s thoughts on my dilemma. All opinions are welcome. This has been the best forum I have been involved in.
I sold my 2016 track pac at 11000 miles , It was awesome ,Didn't burn any oil drove like a dream, but I'm retiring and moving to Florida Keys . So I found a 2013 supercab Raptor with only 30k miles and couldn't be happier. Looking at boats now. We all go thru changes in our life I occasionally miss the 350 but I had it it was great and now i'm. on a new adventure. Good luck on whatever you decide.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
FYI, the rear seat kits are no longer available. I’ve been looking for one.
I have rear seats out of a 2017 Convenience package car if you're interested. Don't need OEM seats where I am going :)

tasman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
boss mustang
I know you are not a truck guy but try the Raptor. Needed/wanted a more family oriented vehicle and traded my 16 GT350 and 12 VW R for it and haven't regretted it one bit. Darn thing is a blast and I can't really tell you why. They hold their value well too

OP
OP
Kurac

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Lots of suggestions for a Raptor, but it’s not my cup of tea. I still would want something that can handle, and a lifted truck with off road tires just won’t cut it. My dad lives next door and has 2 trucks. If I ever need to haul something I can always borrow his.

Zeromaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
By family oriented, you must mean the new GT500. I say go for it
Sponsored