Sponsored

Dealer crashed my car

Raoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Audi a4, 2015 Mustang GT
So, last week I ordered a car, and my dealer was getting it shipped to their lot, it got there today, and I was supposed to pick it up in a few hours. Sadly I got a call, that it was damaged before they got it, and it looks like someone crashed it. Is this something that happens a lot? Do people often times crash brand new cars that just arrived at the dealer? I had the car agreed to me before it even reached the original dealer's lot too. I'm so sad. Every other GT around me is a premium trim that's fully loaded and I can't quite afford that right now.
Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
uh now is your chance to get the hell of a deal on a premium if the dealer did that

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
sounds like they found another buyer who agreed to pay more than what you ordered it for... lol

n8rfastback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Comp Orange. 65 Fastback ,T5, 302
That sucks! I'm sure they can find you another one though. Have you checked ford's online inventory for dealers around you? They can move cars between dealers pretty easy

Sponsored

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Happened to me once. Dealer didn't have exactly what I wanted, so he got it from another dealer about 200 miles away. In my naivety I assumed it would be hauled on a truck. Nope. They drove the car 200 miles to my dealer and smashed it on the way. Then they fixed it up and sold me my "new" car.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Depending on the severity I'd still take the car after having it correctly repaired. The dealer should be willing to take a significant discount to move a repaired new vehicle. Cosmetic damage only, though.

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Tell them to give you a Premium at your agreed price.

Last edited:

BigEasyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
3 options I would do:
1. Discounted price on the car after repairs
2. Premium for the same price
3. Walk away

OP
OP

Raoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only premiums they have are 41-42k sticker price, they can't give me that for the 34k I was going to pay for this car. the best they offered me is at dealer invoice, and they wouldn't go lower, but they are going to see if they can get a car from someplace else, that fits what I need. I'm so fucking bummed man.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Raoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If they can't get me what I need, then I will just put in an order for a premium 2016, if I won't receive the car the car until october, I can afford a higher down payment to get the monthly payments I want. But wow. I still can't believe this happened.

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I would say order me another one the way I want it. Or get back deposit and walk away.

OP
OP

Raoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would say order me another one the way I want it. Or get back deposit and walk away.
2015s have reached their end date for ordering, and the entire reason I didn't order just a new one from the factory how I wanted, was because no one had allocations near me.

OP
OP

Raoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk away from the deal
That's what will probably happen if they can't get me a replacement for what I want. I never even thought this could be a possibility lol. Anyone know of a great dealer in the tristate area I could try and go through if this falls through?
Sponsored